OT: The 2013-2014 Boston Celtics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Parsons is the reason Howard went to Houston, I highly doubt Houston moves him.

(not to mention he is a baller)

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Yea Houston doesn't seem like a good trade partner. Out of everything rumored I liked the Sacramento deal the most assuming the pick was their 1st this year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
My real fear is that Danny waits and Rondo leaves after next season. Trading him eliminates that possibility and allows you to fully rebuild.

He'd be traded middle of next year if it looked like we needed time to extend the tank. (And a guy like Green would be long gone by then.)

The teams who we are hearing rumors about Rondo going to all have AWFUL players we don't want (Sac NYK NO) theres no good deal to come from teams like that. Ainge isn't taking the Knicks garbage for him.

He possibly could go draft night if we want a PG.

Trade Rondo, Green, Hump expiring, future picks to try and get 3 top 10 picks and maybe take Parker Wiggins and Ennis.

Those 3 with Bradley and Sully is a nice young team.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I don't want to trade Rondo but if we can draft Tyler Ennis I'd be very open to it. Don't want Smart playing PG though hes a headcase.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Marcus Smart being a "headcase" is going to be the new cool thing to say even if it isn't true.

He has two bad qualities about his game: he flops (which everybody does), and he struggles with his shot.

Him losing his cool for 5 seconds does not make him a headcase.

I'd agree that I'd rather have Ennis, but Smart is going to be quite the player.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I hope Jason Terry didn't get any Nets tattoo as he's on his way to Sacremento. The Kings trade G Marcus Thornton to Brooklyn for former Celtic G Jason Terry and almost-former Celtic F/C Reggie Evans.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just reading the 'five players the Celtics should target' at the deadline and think that Harrison Barnes from Golden State makes a lot of sense. Not sure what it would take.

I like almost all the names on his list:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...-celtics-should-target-at-nba-trade-deadline/

Good guys to trade Green for.

Green and ATL 1st for Dion.

Waiters would be great paired with Rondo and Bradley to make up our back court. Bring him off the bench and make him 6ht man like he was in college. Could get him and concentrate on getting Parker, Randle, Wiggins with rest of our assets.

Heyward and Barnes I'd obv take but their price is high. No thanks on Henderson and Sanders.

member 96824

Such an embarrassing performance tonight so far. No game plan at all just going out there and trying to win

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Another ex-Celtic ( twice ) is on the move again as the Lakers traded G MarShon Brooks and G Kent Bazemore to the Lakers for G Steve Blake. Brooks has been moved around a few times and has now been with Boston, New Jersey and Brooklyn, back to Boston, Golden State and now the Lakers. That's a lot of teams for a guy that was picked in the 1st round only 3 years ago.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
**** Danny, hire Shaun

Banner 18!

really though this could be interesting

KXddOBG.png

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I can't remember the last time I cared this much about an NBA trade deadline. I'd love to see the Celtics trade Green for Asik, which should help them next year while hopefully costing them a few wins this year.

Then in the offseason, after the tank is complete, go all out for Kevin Love using picks and Sully as bait

To help solidify the bench, and help with leadership I'd bring back Pierce for a season and hopefully make an immediate run for the title again.

Asik
Love
Celtics 1st rd pick
Bradley
Rondo

Pierce & Olynik off the bench along with other supporting cast.

Depending on how well the tank works would determine how likely the Celtics are to succeed next season, but at the very least you've got a team built around Rondo, Love, and a whole bunch of first round picks in the near future.

member 96824

I shut the game off in disgust last night, did they end up pulling out the L?

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
I can't remember the last time I cared this much about an NBA trade deadline. I'd love to see the Celtics trade Green for Asik, which should help them next year while hopefully costing them a few wins this year.

Then in the offseason, after the tank is complete, go all out for Kevin Love using picks and Sully as bait

To help solidify the bench, and help with leadership I'd bring back Pierce for a season and hopefully make an immediate run for the title again.

Asik
Love
Celtics 1st rd pick
Bradley
Rondo

Pierce & Olynik off the bench along with other supporting cast.

Depending on how well the tank works would determine how likely the Celtics are to succeed next season, but at the very least you've got a team built around Rondo, Love, and a whole bunch of first round picks in the near future.

Rondo and Love are both need contracts after next season, so unless you think you can extend both (Love has expressed his desire to play and LA and Rondo will likely command more than his skillset is worth) or win a championship next season, I don't know why you do this

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rondo is getting a max contract, let's just put to rest any hope of him getting anything other than that right now. I hope people realize this. I highly doubt he takes 11-12 million again.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
The idea would be to sign Love to an extension as part of that trade, and then try to sign Rondo to an extension as well.

The hope being that over the next several years the Celtics would be built around Rondo, Love, and this years 1st rd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad