OT: The 2013-2014 Boston Celtics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
2 nitpicky things:

Rondo healthy is better than Irving, who is potentially the laziest defender/worst defensive player in the league. The only thing Irving does better is shoot.

Livingston was worthy of going 4, that injury just derailed him. But boy oh boy did he have hype coming out.

I know I wasn't the same after seeing that knee injury...

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I can't imagine that SAC would give their first.

I can. That's the going rate for a perennial All-Star PG in his prime.

This is what New Orleans got for Chris Paul:

SG Eric Gordon (22 yrs old, 22.3 points, 2.9 rebounds, 4.4 assists)
C Chris Kaman (27 yrs old, 12.4 points, 7.0 rebounds, was an All-Star the previous season)
SF Al-Farouq Aminu (21 yrs old, 5.6 points, 3.3 rebounds, was the 8th overall pick in the draft the season before)
Unprotected 1st round pick from Minnesota​

This is what Utah got for Deron Williams:

PG Devin Harris (27 yrs old, 16.9 points, 6.6 assists, was an All-Star two years prior to being traded)
PF Derrick Favors (19 yrs old, 6.3 points, 5.6 rebounds, was traded mid-way through his rookie season after being the 3rd overall pick)
2011 First Round Draft Pick
2013 First Round Draft Pick​

Rajon Rondo is a tremendously valuable commodity at this point in his career. If Danny sells, he'll get a ton in return.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
A. Sherrod Blakely just said to keep an eye out for New Orleans who could build a package around Holiday and Rivers. No link, it was on Comcast SportsNet Central. Interesting. I'd still want picks.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
new orleans already traded their pick to philly. really don't want to trade rondo without a potential lottery pick coming back.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
new orleans already traded their pick to philly. really don't want to trade rondo without a potential lottery pick coming back.

The draft pick that New Orleans owes Philly is top 5 protected until 2019. If you want to keep track of future draft picks check out this site:

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Celtics.htm

That will take you the Celtics page but from there you can access any other team to see what they have for future draft picks.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
What about a deal around Terrence Ross and two unprotected picks from the Raps? We'd have to move Lowry out to fit Rondo in and for cap purposes but man Rondo would be a sick pick up for Toronto. I doubt they move him within the division though.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Man..I really dont want to give up Rondo.

Why? He's a free agent after next year, and if they try to build around him by bringing in young players, he will command a max deal that he isn't worth. If you can flip Rondo for 2 1sts and a young player you do it every day of the week.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
the more I thought about it the more I hope blakely is making up the new orleans rumor. if anything they should try and acquire davis to play with rondo.

still hope my MCW + 1st dream comes true.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
What about a deal around Terrence Ross and two unprotected picks from the Raps? We'd have to move Lowry out to fit Rondo in and for cap purposes but man Rondo would be a sick pick up for Toronto. I doubt they move him within the division though.
Not enough.

Ainge believes that you need three All-Star caliber players to compete in the NBA. Right now, they've got one in Rondo, and they're trying to develop another in Sullinger.

This is why Ainge says they need a young near All-Star caliber player in return for Rondo, in addition to the two first round picks.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Ross did have 53 in a game earlier this year....

Tony Delk once scored 53 in a game too. :laugh:

I hold on to Rondo unless you get a worthy deal. I want 2 unprotected firsts (mid to late firsts) and a young player or 2 mid firsts or 1 high first and a young player. Force a team to overpay. You don't HAVE to move Rondo at all. Other teams want him. Danny is in the driver's seat here. If nobody overpays, you still have a top 5 point guard to build around, along with a top 10 pick (hopefully better). Don't sell him for cents on the dollar. Not worth it.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
My real fear is that Danny waits and Rondo leaves after next season. Trading him eliminates that possibility and allows you to fully rebuild.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
My real fear is that Danny waits and Rondo leaves after next season. Trading him eliminates that possibility and allows you to fully rebuild.

Have faith. Ainge has nailed almost every move as GM since taking over. I find it hard believe with as good as Danny has been he would ever let Rondo get to position were he holds all the cards and can walk away with nothing

Bi Coastal Bawse*

One of my friends just posted

@SportsCennter: Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green have been traded to the #Rockets in exchange for Chandler Parsons, Omer Asik, Jeremy Lin and picks. #Celtics

HOPE it is fake. 2 Ns make it seem like it. Looks like a dumb ass trade.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A) That is fake.

B) That trade would not be the worst. Parsons is better than Green and Asik, Lin, and picks isn't the worst haul for Rondo. I'd rather not make it but I wouldn't cry if we did.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
A) That is fake.

B) That trade would not be the worst. Parsons is better than Green and Asik, Lin, and picks isn't the worst haul for Rondo. I'd rather not make it but I wouldn't cry if we did.

agreed, that isn't a bad haul. The trade does work in the trade machine, but I agree that it's fake.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 9m
Sources familiar w/Rockets' thinking say HOU has absolute interest in trading for Rajon Rondo. But that alone doesn't mean we'll see a deal

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m
Close relationship between Danny Ainge and Daryl Morey means talks are always easy to fire up but Celts' demands for Rondo are very high

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m
Celtics got a first for Doc Rivers and multiple firsts for Pierce/KG, as covered today on Stein Line Live. For Rondo they'll want even more

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Celtics, I'm told, would insist on Chandler Parsons in a theoretical Rondo deal. And Rockets, by all accounts, NOT willing to surrender CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad