A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Thems the rules, like it or leave it!

bb2c2df8647edd1e3ac9b94d20da8072.gif

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So we wanted Sullivan fired in the regular season but he still won the division and now we're changing our story to "he doesn't win in the playoffs".

The guy won 2 cups. A bunch of sad amateurs just mad to be mad. Its a bunch of people who think a good coach is one who calls timeouts and yells at the players. Your favorite player doesn't get the linemates you think he should so you trash the coach. You don't know what you're watching and have no higher level intelligence when it comes to the nuances of the game. Video management and Video game coaching.

Who do you think isn't dumping the puck in and then winning board battles against two trap style teams? The coach or the players?

Its hard to win in this league. Get it through your heads.

..... nhl head coaches don’t win cups after they have been with a team for five years or longer... it’s extremely rare... even great coaches have a shelf life.... if sully can do it he will basically punch a ticket to the hall of fame... i think he is a good coach but that doesn’t mean he is not due for a change of scenery

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I operate under the assumption we are all wrong at various times and I don’t call people out on it, unless I’m messing around with someone I know gets my humor.

If you take offense to the analogy, not my problem. I stand by the comparison.

You have been casting much worse insults at posters around here for quite some time.

Comical how you can dish it out, but get offended so easily.

The story has never changed, you just decided to re-write your own little twisted script.

I’ve been debating with Sullivan detractors for months and it was mostly agreed upon that I wouldn’t be right about him unless he won in the playoffs again.

Last I checked, playoffs haven’t started yet.

The logic behind that twisted re-write is quite Leskyian.

@Randy Butternubs . . . a month ago the guy directed people to his own twitter page without realizing how easy it was to identify him from that. Ergo, @SomeDude noted that he doxxed himself. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I operate under the assumption we are all wrong at various times and I don’t call people out on it, unless I’m messing around with someone I know gets my humor.

If you take offense to the analogy, not my problem. I stand by the comparison.

You have been casting much worse insults at posters around here for quite some time.

Comical how you can dish it out, but get offended so easily.

The story has never changed, you just decided to re-write your own little twisted script.

I’ve been debating with Sullivan detractors for months and it was mostly agreed upon that I wouldn’t be right about him unless he won in the playoffs again.

Last I checked, playoffs haven’t started yet.

I’m just praying to god McCann’s good play doesn’t dip in the playoffs so I can rub it in your face Jiggy.

But really because if McCann and Carter keep playing as they are we probably win a cup.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’m just praying to god McCann’s good play doesn’t dip in the playoffs so I can rub it in your face Jiggy.

But really because if McCann and Carter keep playing as they are we probably win a cup.

But if McCann doesn’t do his annual playoff ghosting, it means I’ll be right about Sullivan, so either way I win magic message board beans.

That’s called the long game son.

Reactions: mpp9

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

TR, 1910

Reactions: Gold Diamond

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
"Nothing gets you through the playoffs like a greater-than-the-sum of its parts third line. And the Penguins have that McCann-Carter-Gaudreau thing going. Do the math." - Barack Obama, 2010

Reactions: ronduguayshair

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So speaking of coaches, ol Ricky is leaving arizona and Torty also stepping away from columbus.

Torts back to NYR? =P
Ricky back to Pitt? =P

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Thanks for all the positive comments in this thread. The toxic attitude that pervades this messageboard concerning coaching is a bad look and should be frowned upon.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Both to Pittsburgh. Ricky back on the bench. Torts as PR Spokesman.

HAH!
Never thought about Tots as a pr voice of the team kinda deal. It will never happen as in he's one of the best north american born (usa namely) coach in the history of the NHL... Actually I think he's the most winning usa born coach in the NHL in it's history.

Buttttttttttttttt I would love to have him speak in front of a microphone ... I always liked the guy... questionable coaching methods, but I dig his passion.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
..... nhl head coaches don’t win cups after they have been with a team for five years or longer... it’s extremely rare... even great coaches have a shelf life.... if sully can do it he will basically punch a ticket to the hall of fame... i think he is a good coach but that doesn’t mean he is not due for a change of scenery
Jon Cooper won in his 8th season with Tampa Bay last year.

Joel Quenneville's third cup with Chicago came in his 7th season.

Scotty Bowman's final cup with Detroit came in his 9th season with the Wings.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I will say the players seem to have fully bought in. You have no chance if that doesn’t happen. The question now is can they execute the system for 2 months against quality opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad