Thanks for Everything, Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I like Sullivan.

But the proof will be in the pudding as they say.

Can he keep the team winning as they go into a month of mostly playing the division dogs?

That's a true coaching challenge. We shall see.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Just saw the info graphic on NBC. Sullivan is 20 back of Bylsma for all-time wins in franchise history. Anyone think he passes him?

Reactions: ColePens

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Quite a fascinating read the morning after the divisional title.

Look at the parade of "keyboard Superstars" at the beginning of this thread. Just because you post alot does not mean you know what your're talking about. Its mostly just spamming this messageboard with fan driven narrative crap. Throwing a bunch of crap againsst the wall tomsee what sticks.

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

Look at the parade of "keyboard Superstars" at the beginning of this thread. Just because you post alot does not mean you know what your're talking about. Its mostly just spamming this messageboard with fan driven narrative crap. Throwing a bunch of crap againsst the wall tomsee what sticks.
I like this guy! He's funny!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

It’s amusing this poster doesn’t see the irony that he/she is casting boulders through his/her glass house.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
@Mario_is_BACK!! @Honour Over Glory

X476ZCRm_400x400.jpg

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
It’s amusing this poster doesn’t see the irony that he/she is casting boulders through his/her glass house.

Please explain. I suspect its about a certain superstar. I said he longer players winning hockey then he comes to camp by his own admission out of shape then he proceeds to not play to his contract.

That's not stones in a glass house. That me looking into "the mirror of astute observation".

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Please explain. I suspect its about a certain superstar. I said he longer players winning hockey then he comes to camp by his own admission out of shape then he proceeds to not play to his contract.

That's not stones in a glass house. That me looking into "the mirror of astute observation".

Sorry you can’t see that you are like the annoying little kid in school who calls others ugly, but dude fell straight down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I have been one of Sullivan’s biggest supporters around here, but let’s uh, hold off the finger pointing until he at least wins a playoff round.

Reactions: Andy99

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Sullivan exhibits the same signs of stubbornness, infatuation with average players, and 'my way or the highway' stuff that Byslma did in his last seasons here. No one is immune to overconfidence and rigidity. It happens to most coaches. What made Sullivan unique here in the beginning was that he was a hardass but he also listened, and he adjusted with no fear. Where is that guy now? I don't see him. The playoffs are all that matters. No one around here cares about the Jack Adams. It's about the playoffs. If you're gonna rag on 'Superstar' for a disappointing playoff year, have the intellectual integrity to admit that Sullivan has been average at best for three years. That isn't going to work this year, and if he refuses to adjust again he should be fired.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think Evason, Quenville and Brind’Amour are likely ahead of Sully in the Jack Adams running, but he’s definitely top 5.

Id give it to Evason.

Having said that, I still can’t picture Mario and creepy Ron firing Sully yet. He kept the team afloat during the slew of injuries, so the bozos might keep him even if the Pens lose in round 1.

I would have canned him after the Habs series. If he can’t get this team out of the first round and isn’t fired for it, the Pens would be neck and neck with the Steelers for incompetence.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think Evason, Quenville and Brind’Amour are likely ahead of Sully in the Jack Adams running, but he’s definitely top 5.

Id give it to Evason.

Having said that, I still can’t picture Mario and creepy Ron firing Sully yet. He kept the team afloat during the slew of injuries, so the bozos might keep him even if the Pens lose in round 1.

I would have canned him after the Habs series. If he can’t get this team out of the first round and isn’t fired for it, the Pens would be neck and neck with the Steelers for incompetence.

I think people give too much credit to the suits...

Year in and year out the penguins are stacked scoring wise... you'd have to be some kind of awful to do bad with this team...
Not to mention the players themselves.... .. Sid for starters is the heart of the org.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t care what Sullivan does in the regular season...he’s a solid coach but it’s all about the playoffs...if he trots out the same shitty lines, fails to adjust systems and players on those lines and we lose another first round series, the guy has to be fired...keeping him any longer would be unacceptable

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
So we wanted Sullivan fired in the regular season but he still won the division and now we're changing our story to "he doesn't win in the playoffs".

The guy won 2 cups. A bunch of sad amateurs just mad to be mad. Its a bunch of people who think a good coach is one who calls timeouts and yells at the players. Your favorite player doesn't get the linemates you think he should so you trash the coach. You don't know what you're watching and have no higher level intelligence when it comes to the nuances of the game. Video management and Video game coaching.

Who do you think isn't dumping the puck in and then winning board battles against two trap style teams? The coach or the players?

Its hard to win in this league. Get it through your heads.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Sorry you can’t see that you are like the annoying little kid in school who calls others ugly, but dude fell straight down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I have been one of Sullivan’s biggest supporters around here, but let’s uh, hold off the finger pointing until he at least wins a playoff round.

It seems you operate where you accept people and players as you want them to be not who they are in reality. Nice personal attack. It went from me supporting a coach who won two cups and now a division to you saying I'm ugly. Pretty pathetic stuff.

Worst Pens fans in one group in one place. I'm a shining light in a dark cavern of despair here.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

When I think on how irony escapes that poster, his command of the English language, the writing style, and the brilliance of a guy directing people to his twitter page without realizing he's just doxxed himself, I think of the name Shawn Lesky and the entire posting history makes perfect sense. :biglaugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It seems you operate where you accept people and players as you want them to be not who they are in reality. Nice personal attack. It went from me supporting a coach who won two cups and now a division to you saying I'm ugly. Pretty pathetic stuff.

Worst Pens fans in one group in one place. I'm a shining light in a dark cavern of despair here.

I operate under the assumption we are all wrong at various times and I don’t call people out on it, unless I’m messing around with someone I know gets my humor.

If you take offense to the analogy, not my problem. I stand by the comparison.

You have been casting much worse insults at posters around here for quite some time.

Comical how you can dish it out, but get offended so easily.

So we wanted Sullivan fired in the regular season but he still won the division and now we're changing our story to "he doesn't win in the playoffs".

The guy won 2 cups. A bunch of sad amateurs just mad to be mad. Its a bunch of people who think a good coach is one who calls timeouts and yells at the players. Your favorite player doesn't get the linemates you think he should so you trash the coach. You don't know what you're watching and have no higher level intelligence when it comes to the nuances of the game. Video management and Video game coaching.

Who do you think isn't dumping the puck in and then winning board battles against two trap style teams? The coach or the players?

Its hard to win in this league. Get it through your heads.

The story has never changed, you just decided to re-write your own little twisted script.

I’ve been debating with Sullivan detractors for months and it was mostly agreed upon that I wouldn’t be right about him unless he won in the playoffs again.

Last I checked, playoffs haven’t started yet.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
When I think on how irony escapes that poster, his command of the English language, the writing style, and the brilliance of a guy directing people to his twitter page without realizing he's just doxxed himself, I think of the name Shawn Lesky and the entire posting history makes perfect sense. :biglaugh:

What's this doxxing story? I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad