Thanks for Everything, Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
The problem with firing Sullivan is, they'll probably just promote Reirden.

I want a new coach with no ties to this team. I'm so sick of the past 3 head coaches coddling a grown man because "I want to play with certain players". That worked when he was the best player in the world. That's not the case anymore.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'll instruct the defensemen to pinch at every opportunity and the forwards to mindlessly cycle the puck.

Last edited:

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Flames just fired Geoff Ward and hired Darryl Sutter.

So far, the two coaching changes have been Montreal firing Julien and promoting Dominique Ducharme from within, and Calgary firing Ward and hiring Sutter, who was previously GM and head coach in Calgary and still lives in Alberta.

We've yet to see a team fire a coach and hire someone who has to do any sort of real quarantining or moving.

Reactions: BHD

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Does @ColePens actually lift or is the entire team going to end up looking like Petts?

I have the impression @Honour Over Glory would be more likely to know about the juice (I don't judge) so I want my team on that.
Like the kind to make a screwdriver or the one the capitals were on but we pretend they weren't?

I leg press 1 tonne and I'm old af. No illegal drugs either fam.

Pens should have their people call my people. I'll get that narrow Swedish :eek::eek::eek::eek: in shape.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I can't remember the last time the PK was so profoundly incompetent.

Like typically yeah it sucks to PK, but now as a fan every Penguin to the box equates to a feeling of existential dread and inevitability.

So that's a long way of saying, whomever is coaching the PK better not be the next HC.

Reactions: BHD

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I expect nothing but PR speak from Hextall and Burke all season. They're not going to fire him in-season and force themselves to scramble around looking for a replacement. It'll happen in the off-season after another disappointing end to our run, be it in the 1st round or by missing the playoffs entirely.

If he's not fired before the draft, I'll be stunned--and annoyed to the point of not giving a shit about the next season pretty much at all. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I expect nothing but PR speak from Hextall and Burke all season. They're not going to fire him in-season and force themselves to scramble around looking for a replacement. It'll happen in the off-season after another disappointing end to our run, be it in the 1st round or by missing the playoffs entirely.

If he's not fired before the draft, I'll be stunned--and annoyed to the point of not giving a shit about the next season pretty much at all. :laugh:

I think it'll take something colossal, like Sid/Geno demanding it or the Pens going 5-30 in the final 35 games, for them to fire Sullivan even in the off-season. I think no matter what happens this season, they'll just make some changes to the lineup and hope that fixes things next year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He’s not Hextall’s man so there’s hope. I believe Hextall is going to bring his own coaching staff... you don’t go to a legacy war with leftovers.

In the off-season, I agree. But I think if Sullivan did get fired during this season, the replacement would be one of the current assistants on an interim basis, with Hextall filling the spot permanently in the off-season.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad