Thanks for Everything, Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not to beat a dead horse but regular season success is one thing…Sullivan’s test is and always will be the playoffs

Or else we'd still be celebrating Bylsma. Dude was awesome in the regular season. But all of us said we will fail in the playoffs because he sucks as a playoff coach. Boom. 2 cups.

Tomlin... same as Bylsma. No more Superbowls.

Sully... earned his contract but is on a 3 year streak of 1st round exits. Unacceptable. The only indicator at this point for this team is playoffs as we end this era.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Oh you're the poster who created this silly thread. Guess what? It is now a positive Sullivan thread. This is because of his success and my premier posting because I get it.

He always has big runs in the middle of the season, or before it really matters, that leave you looking at the post season going "They'll turn it on any time." Until the team is doing this again in April or May it won't matter. Also "beast mode" is over a decade old.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Or else we'd still be celebrating Bylsma. Dude was awesome in the regular season. But all of us said we will fail in the playoffs because he sucks as a playoff coach. Boom. 2 cups.

Tomlin... same as Bylsma. No more Superbowls.

Sully... earned his contract but is on a 3 year streak of 1st round exits. Unacceptable. The only indicator at this point for this team is playoffs as we end this era.
last season with crippled Malkin and awful goaltending he could not have done anything better, we dominated Isles, could not score, the goalie sucked, if Flower and Murray were not lights out how would 2016 and 2017 looked like?

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
last season with crippled Malkin and awful goaltending he could not have done anything better, we dominated Isles, could not score, the goalie sucked, if Flower and Murray were not lights out how would 2016 and 2017 looked like?

Oh you already know I agree. I am not removing additional blame. I told @Ugene Malkin before that I used an example of McCann going ghost town on us but in reality there are 5-10 players you can say that for.

So yes.. completely right. BUT it's safe to say we deserved those cups in 16 and 17. ESPECIALLY 16. We f***ing owned. I do not think we deserved anything but what we got for 18, 19, 20, and 21.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe bench Jarry when everyone knew he was mental midget Fleury reincarnated? Change up the lines? I dunno, make adjustments, actually coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad