Former Bruins Thank You, David Krejci: Returning To Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is because management disrespected him IMO.

I don't see why he can't return for the playoffs.

Huge loss Hall must be furious and feel played.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Back in the mid to late 2000s when the Bruins held the annual wives carnival at the Garden I remember meeting Krejci. He was a quiet yet competitive guy. During this carnival you could meet the players, chat, and play games with some of them. I remember meeting Krejci on one of the concourses. This is back in 2008 before he had a name for himself. So while guys like Thomas,Bergeron,Chara,and Kessel had a line, there was absolutely NO ONE in Krejci line. So I decided to meet him. I was 12 at the time and he was the first player I had ever met so it was already special to me. Him and I played Foosball for what must of been a good 20 minutes. Even as a kid he wouldn't "let the child win" he was serious and competitive about it but fun at the same time. He is one of the many reasons I am into the Bruins and him being my first interaction with a player will always be near and dear to my heart. Thanks Krejci!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
[QUOTE="BigGoalBrad, post: 179692426, member: 164299"]This is because management disrespected him IMO.

I don't see why he can't return for the playoffs.

Huge loss Hall must be furious and feel played.

Really.
Please explain how on both points.[/QUOTE]

1- He announced this AFTER the Bruins used up all their cap space in free agency. So he likely wanted a 2 year deal which we can't offer right now we can only do bonus laden 1 year deals.

2- Guys like Soderberg have played regular seasons in Europe and come over to North America in time for the NHL playoffs. The season over there starts earlier.

I am not upset at DK he deserves to do as he choses but I take him on a 2 year 10 mil deal over anything we signed a couple days ago.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Really.
Please explain how on both points.

1- He announced this AFTER the Bruins used up all their cap space in free agency. So he likely wanted a 2 year deal which we can't offer right now we can only do bonus laden 1 year deals.

2- Guys like Soderberg have played regular seasons in Europe and come over to North America in time for the NHL playoffs. The season over there starts earlier.

I am not upset at DK he deserves to do as he choses but I take him on a 2 year 10 mil deal over anything we signed a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

====================================================================

This is 100% on Sweeney and Neely. As managers of the business its their responsibility to set a deadline for his decision. 100% on them.

The rules if he does play in his country this season call for him to be signed prior to deadline AND PASS THROUGH NHL WAIVERS.

He is NOT like Soderberg. Bruins already owned his rights.

So I aint buying what your selling here. Your opinion of what may have been offered doesnt relive SweeNeely of their fiscal and management duties.
Your second point is technically and CBA wrong.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks guys. I actually made it 2 hours today without crying. She was my love
:( so sorry. My dog is 14 and a half, I'm trying to enjoy whatever time I have left with her, but when her time comes I'm pretty sure I'll cry for a month straight.

As I said earlier, the news about DK was just the cherry on the crap sundae that this week was.

I'm not sure even cookies would make a dent right now.

I need to put on a super sad movie and just have a good ugly cry.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Started the week having to put my beloved 16 year old rat terrier Bella down, and ending the week with this. Would be happy to not have anymore weeks like this again
Sorry to hear this. Been through it before a couple times and my 15 year old Shepard/Hound mix is on the verge. My condolences.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
One of my enduring memories of Krejci – and I may need some help with the details here – was the game several years ago (5, 6, 7, 12?) when late in the game he got a puck or stick in the mouth, and went off for medical attention. While they were extracting pieces of teeth that were embedded in his lip, the game went to OT. He told them to just sew his lip up with the piece of tooth still in there, rejoined the game in OT – and didn't he assist on the GWG?

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Really.

I am not upset at DK he deserves to do as he choses but I take him on a 2 year 10 mil deal over anything we signed a couple days ago.

So you think the team quibbled over a second year at a bargain rate and then spent the money on UFAs instead. Interesting theory. I think Sweeney's cagey and vague non answers on free agency day basically blow that theory out of the water. They knew. The statement was just released to day. This post is just groundless speculation that ignores known facts about the situation.

Krejci is a UFA. the Bruins held Soderberg's rights prior to him coming. As is mostly likely the case for anyone else you can think of.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Yeah, maybe they can get a #2 center?
Considering how long it took to finally get a second line winger, I have to be a little skeptical as to Sweeney's ability to fill an even bigger hole. Especially since now he has no cap space to work with.

What a profound waste.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Back in the mid to late 2000s when the Bruins held the annual wives carnival at the Garden I remember meeting Krejci. He was a quiet yet competitive guy. During this carnival you could meet the players, chat, and play games with some of them. I remember meeting Krejci on one of the concourses. This is back in 2008 before he had a name for himself. So while guys like Thomas,Bergeron,Chara,and Kessel had a line, there was absolutely NO ONE in Krejci line. So I decided to meet him. I was 12 at the time and he was the first player I had ever met so it was already special to me. Him and I played Foosball for what must of been a good 20 minutes. Even as a kid he wouldn't "let the child win" he was serious and competitive about it but fun at the same time. He is one of the many reasons I am into the Bruins and him being my first interaction with a player will always be near and dear to my heart. Thanks Krejci!
This is great!

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Thank you for so many memories David. Your primary assist in 2011 ECF to Horton will always be an example of truly elite talent showing up when it matters most. You quietly and honourably sat around year after year as they didn't find you wingers equal to your talent and didn't complain once.

May your family enjoy the moments and your fellow countrymen realize how lucky they have it next year.

Cheers

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
He'll be back. He wants a shorter regular season.

I love Krejci.
The wording of his farewell certainly leaves you thinking he will. Maybe he’ll sign Late for pro rated league minimum to come back for a playoff run. One can hope right

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Most underrated Bruin for sure, judging by the comments on him by fans here and elsewhere throughout his time with the team. I remember he said at least half a year ago that after this season there are only two options for him: continue with the Bruins or go home, so this has been on his mind for a long time. He said he would never accept playing for another NHL team or take a big money offer from the KHL or elsewhere in Europe - it was Bruins or home. So it’s been on the cards for a long time and, needless to say, is not about money as he is going to play practically for free in the Czech Republic.

Reactions: inactive user

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Really.

I am not upset at DK he deserves to do as he choses but I take him on a 2 year 10 mil deal over anything we signed a couple days ago.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but this is redicilous. Sweeny spent to the Cap because he already knew David's decision. He simply did the right thing and let David announce it on his own terms. David didn't leave because of money. He left because he wants to play in the czeck Republic before he retires. He has already stated this publicly before. Pretty sure David would be disgusted with your assessment of the situation. There is Zero and I mean Zero chance the Bruins and Krejci would not have come to an agreement if Krejci wanted to stay. The Bruins always maintained they were simply waiting on David's decision on what he wanted to do. Unfortunately for us fans, he decided to go home but I can understand his decision and wish him all the best which is what we all should be doing rather than making up wild speculation trying to pour blame on someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: inactive user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad