Boston Bruins THANK YOU BRUINS - It wasn't the end we wanted but the future is bright

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Fenway, May 6, 2018.

1. Fenway

Fenway Administrator Sponsor

:booboo:

Alicat and JRull86 like this.
  2. Strafer

Strafer DAS BROONS Sponsor

Trade Association President: Business owner

Fined or FIRED! But that won't happen, it seems to be a big "Good ol' boys" club.

3. Bruinaura

Bruinaura Registered User

4. Marcobruin

Marcobruin Registered User

Im not sure where i stand with the bruins. This is a team that was going nowhere with Julien and with Cassidy we made the playoffs only to lose to Ottawa. Still i wasn't expecting to make the playoffs last yr. This yr I was
    I would have been satisfied with the ECF finals since in spite of a great regular season ..i didn't think we were a true contender. Having said that I guess I'm somewhat satisfied but surely not totally. Here's the thing though I look at Vegas and Nash..and say that's a slap at almost every NHL team. if we choose to look at Vegas for instance then almost every NHL team has failed miserably.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Dan Kelly likes this.
  5. bobbyorr04

bobbyorr04 Bruins fan 4ever Sponsor

For me, this season was one of the most entertaining and exciting Bruins seasons I've had the pleasure of watching.
    Watching some of the younger players starting to bloom into legit NHLer's, to Marchand's many OT game winning goals and all the adversity the B's went through this season was interesting and fun to watch.

But what I'm left with after this TB series is that the refs did everything in their power to make the Bruin's lives and their fans miserable.

This series could've very well been going to a game 6 in Boston if the refs were not so biased and I would've been OK with the B's losing to a better team with fair officiating, but instead I have a bad taste in my mouth from the corrupt NHL refs, and I will not spend another dime on anything with an NHL logo on it until they get their act together.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  6. BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad Registered User

It was a good year.

The refs stunk but this is the first time in seemingly forever that I have felt our season ended at the hands of a better team. You really have to go back to 2008 and I'm not so sure we shouldn't have won that since we swept them the next year. 09 choked vs an inferior team, 10 ditto, 12-14 we should have a Cup one of those years, Ottawa wasn't that good last year.

Don't think we need to make a lot of changes. The bottom 6 will probably look a lot different will be fun to get more younger players into the lineup. Hopefully they can move Backes this offseason.

7. HockeyMomx2

HockeyMomx2 HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

Veterinary Assistant
    I’m just sad. I’m not ready for baseball season, it shouldn’t be starting until June. :-(

8. Gonzothe7thDman

Gonzothe7thDman Registered User

09 choke was bad. The '12 year was bad because theres no way in hell that isn't goalie intereference in game 7 OT. Very odd officiating vs OTT.

Most embarrassing to me is to lose to MTL in the way we did that year as well after winning the Pres. Trophy. Selke Bergeron, Vezina Rask, and then MTL typical.

9. JRull86

JRull86 One Greasy DeBrusk

Ottawa was a game 7 post away from going to the Cup, and lost in 2OT. Let's not act like they were some garbage team.

With their roster this year, I was expecting a low seed playoff trip, getting all the rooks some much needed experience, and hopefully winning a round. They did that.

Next season is the important one. Ideally they build on everything this season, and make a deep run.

Chief Nine and lopey like this.
  10. nickyb

nickyb Registered User

Haha , I kid, I kid

11. Marcobruin

Let me stop right there...they are a garbage team.All along their voyage in the playoffs last yr i kept saying."how do these guys get here and continue to win" and i was saying" these guys are on a high and wont make the playoffs next year". Ottawa didnt make it and i wasnt surprised.

As i said though..if we look at the success of vegas .. Shouldnt almost all nhl teams be embarassed unless its a one year wonder(which btw i think it is)

12. JRull86

JRull86 One Greasy DeBrusk

The Senators this year sucked.

The Senators last year did not, regardless of how they were winning games. If you can't see that, we're done with this conversation.

Chief Nine likes this.
  13. Madturk

Madturk Registered User

B’s have a nucleus of some good young players.....Pasta who is going to be a superstar, McEvoy, Debrusk et al.

Need better depth and speed on the second and third lines and need another thumper or two on the back line. The B’s smaller defenseman were exposed in the Tampa series. They were getting blasted.

Anyone concerned about Cassidy’s playoff record between the minors and the NHL? It’s pretty dismal

14. Troublesome 85

Troublesome 85 Rest In Peace Bree, Sapo, Yamz, Paybacc & Daz

I am very surprised and happy how the team did this year. Tampa loss is disappointing but w/e team has a treasure trove of prospects. I would bring back Wingels and Holden on short term deals let Riley and Rick go. See if Schaller can stay for cheap as well. Schaller may not be a great player but is good on the 4th line for some points and defending his team.

Other than the prospects already on the team I wanna see how these guys do in camp and preseason. JFK, Cehlarik, Czarnik, T Fred, Senshyn, Zboril....etc.........

One thing that bothers me is they may not have a LHD ready to replace Chara after this next year. Maybe the team could hit up a team with multiple great young defenders and trade some of the prospects

15. Dom - OHL

Dom - OHL RETIRED Sponsor

Home Page:
    One of the greatest hockey minds once said "you have to learn how to lose before you learn how to win."

That's where this team is at.

16. Boston Bruno

Boston Bruno Mostly not serious input..

Hugenot
    I am more concerned about the parity in the NHL.
    Fabulous season. I hope it continues.

For me making the playoffs is not easy. I feel the BRUINS need offensive infusion not just bodies that play 2 way hockey. I know it was a step, but I really need to see that elite guy coming up that's going to solidify line 2.

I am still at odds with the plan. Guess we will see.

17. Madturk

Madturk Registered User

For the record I hate the new playoff format

RussellmaniaKW likes this.
  18. Concessionaire

Concessionaire The devil you know.

UX Designer
    I honestly think the 2011 Cup doesn't happen without the 2010 3-0 Philly debacle.

sooshii, lopey, JRull86 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jdavidev

Jdavidev Registered User

Absolutely. But... make sure it's the pre-95 socks, white with black-gold-black, and gold with black-white-black. The five stripe, hem, arm and sock stripe matching gives me vertigo and is unnecessary.
    [​IMG]

smithformeragent likes this.
  20. BBB24

BBB24 Registered User

Give any team the same opportunities Vegas had to put a team together you will get the same results. If you want to know how good Vegas coaching / management team is give it a couple of years as they have to bring in players the same way all other teams have to. There has never been an expansion team who received the same opportunities to take quality players from other teams in the history of the NHL. Now NHL teams have to brace themselves for the same type of expansion rules once again when Seattle comes in, all except Vegas, they are exempt, another benefit no other team has.

missingchicklet likes this.
  21. Bruinswillwin77

Bruinswillwin77 Go Bruins! Sponsor

Tesla inc.
    At least we beat Toronto and the majority of cocky fans.

BruinLVGA and Buckets and Gloves like this.
  22. Hali33

Hali33 Registered User

Yes.

Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team and say the better team won rather than tear yours apart.

23. RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW Registered User

I've pointed out here a few times over the years that it is exceedingly rare for a team to miss the playoffs one year & then win a cup the next. In fact I dont't believe it has happened in the last 20 years at least. Maybe once.

Generally it's a process. You make it one year, maybe win a round, maybe not. Come back & try and progress a little further, etc. That 2011 Bruins team was a perfect example. a 1st round exit followed by two 2nd round exits, followed by winning it all. I think it's really encouraging that they managed to get out of the first round after losing in 6 last year. Hopefully they can build on this and keep growing. It's a process.

Glove Malfunction and Hali33 like this.
  24. Marcobruin

This why i said ..it might be a one year wonder nevertheless they are an expansion led by a "nobody" karlsson who scored 40. Now are they a one year wonder or do they have a phenomenal coach who can lead any team to Utopia?

25. Marcobruin

You can defintely choose to peg ott as a great team last yr to a garbage team this yr( quite a fall .. What a difference a few months can make?) or a team which was seen by many including myself who vastly overachieved..
    Since you see the former and i the latter ..indeed conversation is over

But as said i guess we can agree to disagree..