Boston Bruins THANK YOU BRUINS - It wasn't the end we wanted but the future is bright

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
bruins_celebration_1232018_1.jpg

It hurts now but we will look back fondly at the 2017-18 Bruins.

In a little over 4 months, we will all reconvene and cheer our boys as they play Calgary in Shenzhen and Beijing. We will follow the off-season moves closely and hope the Bruins learned something from how this season ended. I never expected them to lose four in a row in the playoffs.

In the end the Bruins losing Game 5 against Toronto doomed them in the next round with Tampa.

I speak for the all of the Bruins mod team that it has been a pleasure to serve you.

Thank You for putting up with the problems we had with the software change.

:bruins:bruins:bruins:bruins:bruins

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Not the way any of us wanted to this season to end - I think we all had visions of a Cup run in the back of our minds. But we lost to an excellent Tampa team that simply earned their four wins in the series. No complaints - they played better than we did when it mattered.

Still, this ended up being one of my favorite Bruins teams. They were exciting, they never quit, and I think they give us a ton of hope for the future.

So, despite the ending, I think this Bruins team deserves a stick tap. Personally, I can't wait until Training Camp.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
As I said in another thread, thanks Hf folks for making this hockey season a fun one- it's great to have a forum with passionate and knowledgeable fans to discuss all things Bruins, and yes, even have the occasional disagreement. So looking forward to next season, something I definitely didn't feel like two years ago, and only marginally so coming into this season.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Sitting in the airport check in line to head home from Singapore (after a 25 hour layover in the English South Downs) and disappointed but not surprised to hear the news. Only watched maybe 30 min of this second round due to traveling but it seems like Tampa was just a better team.

I think losing to Toronto would have been a big failure but Tampa was a great team. The season has been a big success all things considered. They won a round after losing last year, saw some breakout performances and flashes of the youth to come. We STILL have one of the best prospect pools in the league as well as some mature top talent. Sure, there are a few aging questionable contracts but they're no worse than any other teams.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Crazy good team coming up.

And even with this great season, think they will still be underestimated too.

Going to be a lot of fun going forward.

Next year if they're healthy going into the playoffs, we'll be spoiled.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bottom line this was the most entertaining season of Bruins hockey probably since 2013-14. Progress was made in all areas. They won a round, which they didn't do last year. Ran into a heck of a team in Round 2, and lost to the better team. If they had lost to some underdog team I think I'd be more upset, but no shame in losing to that Tampa Bay squad.

That Game 7 vs. Toronto will go down as one of the most memorable games in this era of Bruins hockey.

Great year, sad to see it end but excited to see this team moving forward.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Not the way any of us wanted to this season to end - I think we all had visions of a Cup run in the back of our minds. But we lost to an excellent Tampa team that simply earned their four wins in the series. No complaints - they played better than we did when it mattered.

Still, this ended up being one of my favorite Bruins teams. They were exciting, they never quit, and I think they give us a ton of hope for the future.

So, despite the ending, I think this Bruins team deserves a stick tap. Personally, I can't wait until Training Camp.

Yes. It was a fun & optimistic year, and the future is bright.

Not attempting snark, but without RN#61, and without DK#46.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It’s easy to say we would have won had Carlo been around. That’s why I do it, just sitting around, thinking about a victory with Carlo.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks to the mods & everyone here for making it a fun season. Between a few friends on Bruins Twitter & here, it's a great community to enjoy a game with.

Outside of my extended family, there aren't a whole lot of Bruins fans in my neck of the woods. I work for a Blackhawks affiliate, so there's where I get hockey discussion, but our game-night staff is almost entirely made up of Chicago & Detroit fans. It's great to come here and be able to discuss our favorite team with fellow fans from not just New England, but from around North America and the globe. Since the days of Garry Knox's listserv in the mid-1990s, the cyber-Bruins community has always felt like an extended version of the pub where those of us who aren't physically connected to Boston can still discuss and enjoy the team together.

Looking forward to the draft, the offseason and getting ready for 2018-19 with all of you again.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Great season by the Bruins and showed us all a preview of great things to come in this new championship window they've managed to open for themselves. The present and future are bright and we have a lot to look forward to come Septemeber.

Thanks Bruins!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Appreciate you, Fenway, the mods, and the GDT makers. This board is awesome.

Really cruddy way to end the season when a month ago the team appeared to be destined for bigger things than a 1-4 exit in round 2. Injuries/dings and weak performances by players who needed to perform added up to making for a shorter playoffs than the team was capable of. Overall, though, this season was a lot of fun and I am proud of the resiliency of the boys. Lots of youngsters showed promise, and that top line was a complete joy to watch. The team needs several changes for next season if they want to make a better playoff run in '19. The Bs are in a much better place than they have been in years, so there is lots of optimism to be had.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Future is bright. I like how many youngsters got playoff experience. Need Carlo to gain some of it instead of unfortunate late season injuries.

McAvoy, DeBrusk, Donato, Gryz gained eye-opening playoff experience.

The kids down in AHL gained experience. Looking forward to see what happens in the offseason and training camps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad