Boston Bruins THANK YOU BRUINS - It wasn't the end we wanted but the future is bright

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Break up day is at 8am today so we will know very soon how injured these guys were

Carlo/Krug the obvious one`s but of those playing in the final game of the year I would wager we`ll hear something about Bergy/Marchand/DeBrusk and while I don`t think he played hurt, probably hear about how McAvoy only started to feel like his old self closer to the end of the series

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Really happy with the year. They are ahead of schedule in the rebuild on the fly. Six rookies played in the 2 series off and on. Lead the league by a good margin in over all rookie pts.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Carlo/Krug the obvious one`s but of those playing in the final game of the year I would wager we`ll hear something about Bergy/Marchand/DeBrusk and while I don`t think he played hurt, probably hear about how McAvoy only started to feel like his old self closer to the end of the series
I don't think they will tell us about some of the injuries.

Hopefully all will be healthy for camp.

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
I guess the best thing is to let Rick Nash walk. Do you think we could trade his negotiating rights to some team before the free agency date?

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Playoffs guys play hurt...
1aDlrb9.jpg

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Playoffs guys play hurt...
1aDlrb9.jpg
Is it just me or was that THE most ridiculous year for injuries this team has ever seen. Seems the first month or so and the last month or so was a slaughter house in particular. When this team was fully healthy through JAnuary - February, they were practically unbeatable. So the question is Why?. Was this just being "Unlucky" or is it something more?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Is it just me or was that THE most ridiculous year for injuries this team has ever seen. Seems the first month or so and the last month or so was a slaughter house in particular. When this team was fully healthy through JAnuary - February, they were practically unbeatable. So the question is Why?. Was this just being "Unlucky" or is it something more?

not sure I can recall as many injuries and not just injuries to depth players either, front line guys who are/can be tough to replace. Hats off to the players and coaches, never let those injuries be leaned on as excuses. I know players often play hurt, moreso in the playoffs and I`ve never suffered a groin injury but for the best players in the world playing the fastest game, has to drastically limit what you can do

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Happy overall!
GM - A plus
Goaltending - Slightly above average.
Defence - Very good.
Forwards - Very good.
Not overly happy with the goaltending - both goalies stopped pucks pretty well but were a glorious scoring chance for the enemy every time they touched the puck, and at 10 million , that's not good enough to win a championship!
Maybe a goalie coach to teach them to handle the puck might help - couldn't hurt.
DK is another one not bringing enough to the table to warrant his contract!
Rookies were amazing.
Hoping we can get a goalie to really push Rask and eventually push him right out the door.
Coaching was also a plus as long as he wasn't serious when he said he wanted his netminders handling the puck more.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad