Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion ‎IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Stars tightened it up in the third. Campbell was terrific. Now this next week is a long break of scoreboard watching and see if any junior guys are brought up.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Fraser is a machine. I can't think of the last pure scoring prospect Dallas had who's production has actually exceeded his hype. Can't wait to see this guy in Dallas next year.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Which current player in the whole league do you think Fraser could potentially be compared to?

Semi-current ... hands down Michael Ryder. The thing that impresses the hell out of me the most though is he's clearly the most dangerous scorer on the ice yet somehow he has a way of always finding open ice. He's not particularly fast or elusive ... it's almost Brett Hull-esque where defenders know they have to cover him, but they constantly lose track of him.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if Dallas' top priority was making the playoffs, there's no way Fraser would be in the AHL. I'm not exactly saying that's a bad thing either.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
A very poor man's Stamkos, but without the skating.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Which current player in the whole league do you think Fraser could potentially be compared to?

David Clarkson/Ryder

Fraser is big and he knows when to hit and he'll fight anybody. Forechecks like a mother ****er if asked to, and he's just one of the most elusive players I've ver seen in the AHL. It's not because of speed or super fantastic skating ability. He jsut thinks the game well ahead of everybody around him. He is ALWAYS in the right spot to score, and his shot is pretty fantastic. Add all of that up with his confidence and you have a very high ceiling player. I think with the right center he could easily bag 40G in an NHL season.

Matt Fraser will be Captain/Assistant material for Dallas.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
David Clarkson/Ryder

Fraser is big and he knows when to hit and he'll fight anybody. Forechecks like a mother ****er if asked to, and he's just one of the most elusive players I've ver seen in the AHL. It's not because of speed or super fantastic skating ability. He jsut thinks the game well ahead of everybody around him. He is ALWAYS in the right spot to score, and his shot is pretty fantastic. Add all of that up with his confidence and you have a very high ceiling player. I think with the right center he could easily bag 40G in an NHL season.

Matt Fraser will be Captain/Assistant material for Dallas.

Clarkson is a better comparison than Ryder, IMO. Especially with his new found scoring touch.

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
Thanks a lot for the responses guys, I have been following his stats since he was signed but have only been able to see him play one game. I am excited to see him in Dallas soon.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The arrival of Ritchie:

Rod Mawhood ‏@rmawhood

Both Ryan Strome (Bridgeport) and Brett Ritchie (Texas) expected to report to their AHL affiliates on Monday. @OHLIceDogs #OHL

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I hope he plays Saturday and not Friday or both. I don't have tickets to Friday's game <.<

I would also love to see some other prospects come up like a couple from Sweden.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Christopher Nilstorp is healthy.

The team sent down Robinson today. Labrie also goes down, but that's been a move that probably should have happened sooner.

They have 9 D now.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Honestly, I would have liked to see Labrie play more because I'm not impressed by Sloan or Sneep and Labrie has been just as good and willing to hit. But he's still young and will get more ice time in Idaho..so..whatever.

There is Commodore too now that I remember. Wonder if he'll get in game shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad