Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion ‎IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Ilves won relegation series vs Jukurit. Any chance Jokipakka will now be assigned to Texas?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Normally I'd say the chances should be high, but there's such an absurd logjam of Dmen down there right now that there may just not be room for him to play. I would expect him to come over here though and hang out around the team and the Stars facilities and get to know people.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Hmmm...with Fraser, Chaisson, and Fraser called up, wonder if we'll see more prospects come in. Ritchie for sure, I think I saw Winkler mentioned. Maybe another forward or UDFA?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Hmmm...with Fraser, Chaisson, and Fraser called up, wonder if we'll see more prospects come in. Ritchie for sure, I think I saw Winkler mentioned. Maybe another forward or UDFA?

My guess for Top 6 on Friday is:

Smith-Morin-Ritchie
Hedden-Dowling-Glennie

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I can see that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ritchie and Glennie were switched.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
yeah that works short term but what happens when the stars finish and four guys return to the AHL. You have to think at a minimum Fraser, Sceviour, and Chiasson are returning. The defense already has several extra bodies now we're going to add forwards too?

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Why not? Theres no limit for players just for players dressed on game day. The could have a stable top 9 and rotate the bottom line. They also have the option to rest or have backups in case of injuries.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Holy crap ... Nemeth is healthy. What the hell are they going to do with all those D?

100 Degree Hockey ‏@100degreehockey

Curtis McKenzie is with the #txstars today in practice. Patrick Nemeth on the ice and a full participant today.

So McKenzie will at least get an ATO with Texas. We'll see about the ELC with Dallas I guess.

EDIT:

100 Degree Hockey ‏@100degreehockey

Cameron Gaunce appears to be the only player not on the ice for Texas. Still in transit. #txstars

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Yes Nemeth is healthy! Maybe they'll finally sit Sloan and Sneep. Oh god I hope.

Not surprised by McKenzie. His college career is over.

It'll be interesting if they actually do bring Jokipakka over. Doubt he'll play anytime soon though. Jesus we have a lot of defensemen.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
If he's the 7th defenseman do we lose the pick? If he doesn't play then where's the issue? What's the exact wording on the clause?

A 7th nets you a guy like Jokipakka I don't want to give that away for freaking Sneep in the AHL. Cut him if you have to.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Sneep barely looks good playing in the AHL. I don't want to see him playing the NHL and lose a 7th rounder for that.

Just scratch him and keep him on hand in case of injuries.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oleksiak, Connauton, Fortunus, Morrow, Nemeth, Gaunce, Sloan, Wrenn, Sneep, Baldwin, Commodore, and maybe Jokipakka.

They've got to assign Baldwin to Idaho, and cut Commorodre at minimum. I would also trade one of Dallas' D, call up Sloan instead of Gaunce at this point. Gaunce would have played Top 6 IMO, but just let Sloan be the 7th and play Benn in Dallas.

Sneep and Wrenn become the extra D for Texas.

Nemeth-Oleksiak
Morrow-Fortunus
Connauton-Gaunce

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Oleksiak, Connauton, Fortunus, Morrow, Nemeth, Gaunce, Sloan, Wrenn, Sneep, Baldwin, Commodore, and maybe Jokipakka.

Good...God...Almighty.

faint.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad