Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion ‎IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, think I saw something about Baldwin being eligible for the ECHL playoffs which Idaho is in. Same with Tousignant I believe.

They'd have to call up Sloan before trade deadline. Remember they're going to hopefully do the paper send down/call ups for Fraser, Sceviour, and Chaisson. They can only do 4 call ups after the trade deadline other than emergencies. So there's 3 for sure.

I have a feeling Commodore is meant to be a 7th/8th D, that back up in case of injuries.

Course, the deadline isn't until this afternoon so Dallas may move a dman or two still.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I thought Campbell was 6'4 and Ritchie like 6'3". This picture makes him look 2" taller than Campbell.

BG7_qHFCMAI2bGL.jpg:large

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Campbell's knees are bent and his skates look to be lower than Ritchie's. Also Campbell is def not 6'3".

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I thought they had eliminated that rule?

You're thinking of the clear day rosters right? That is gone, instead it's now that for an AHL player to be eligible for the playoffs they have to be on the AHL roster by then end of the NHL Trade deadline.

After that the NHL team can call players up 4 times unless it's emergency callups.

As for height difference between Campbell and Ritchie, it's skates and perspective. They look to be close to the same height with that factored in

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I thought they had eliminated that rule?

There is a ton of debate and no confirmation. Several great sources have said that rule has been eliminated ... including the President of the Hershey Bears. It seems the Dallas Stars though are adamant it still exists. Both Mark and Mike have mentioned the team told them it still existed.

Who knows .... but I'm leaning toward it not existing. It's a dumb rule, and Burke pushed for it to be eliminated. The idea was to make it easier to get young NHLers back into the AHL playoffs.

I can't imagine they eliminated the stupid Clear Day, but they didn't fix the dumb roster move limit.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
There is a ton of debate and no confirmation. Several great sources have said that rule has been eliminated ... including the President of the Hershey Bears. It seems the Dallas Stars though are adamant it still exists. Both Mark and Mike have mentioned the team told them it still existed.

Who knows .... but I'm leaning toward it not existing. It's a dumb rule, and Burke pushed for it to be eliminated. The idea was to make it easier to get young NHLers back into the AHL playoffs.

I can't imagine they eliminated the stupid Clear Day, but they didn't fix the dumb roster move limit.

Yeah I'm reading this article and the writer seems pretty certain that the rule is gone.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/04/02/new-cba-removes-major-ahl-roster-hurdle-from-nhl-trade-deadline-day/

It would be nice to see some type of official announcement on the subject.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sounds like Ritchie will replace Chiasson for right now:

"I think you use players where their skill dictates," said Desjardins. "We'll probably get Ritchie to fill Alex Chiasson's role. That's a big role to fill because Chiasson has played well for us."

"It's great to see them go up," said Desjardins. "It's a great opportunity for them. That's the nice thing. We're happy to make adjustments when that's the reason. It's not who's out of your lineup, it's who's in the lineup."

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Ha! Told you!

Ritchie is similar to Chaisson in size and more willing to crash the net than Chaisson I believe. Which would work well for Dowling and Hedden.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Eakin, Roussel, Dillon, and Benn's AHL careers are over for this season at least. They were not assigned to the AHL prior to the trade deadline.

Wandell will not return either.

Texas will get Chiasson, Sceviour, and Fraser back for the playoffs.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah..we're not going to see them this weekend but atleast they'll be good for the playoffs

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
@texasstars

the @dallasstars have also assigned d jordie benn to @texasstars prior to the @nhl trade deadline. Details to follow. #txstars

12 defensemen!

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
You could split the Texas Stars right now and make 2 decent AHL teams.

**That is, if half of their players weren't filling the NHL roster

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Looks like Sceviour and Jordie are actually back-back. Dallas is riding the 4 players rule thing it seems.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Seems like they are holding off on signing Curtis McKenzie to an ELC. IIRC, more often than not players sign their ELC before the ATO. That's how it happened with Chiasson last year.

So with Texas signing him to an ATO right now, he'll probably have to earn his ELC between now and the playoffs or next year during the season.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
Are there ever streams for our AHL games? Always wanted to see some, and with Dallas the way it is, would much rather watch a winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->