Movies: Terminator: Dark Fate

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Terminator : Dark Fate [2019] :

Terminator movies don't repeat themselves, they just rhyme. Terminator: Dark Fate is a reincarnation of Terminator 2 except, because it is 2019, there is, of course, a young girl who is the future of people-kind (thank you Justin) being saved by a female terminator.

The plot and pacing are all over the map and it isn't until Arnold makes an appearance at the half way mark that the movie gets its first of many laughs - as always, he's very funny with his deadpan delivery.

TDF is too long, too silly, and should have been released in the summer where it would fit in with all the fluff. Still, for people who love the series, and I am one of them, it will give you your fix. Just not a satisfying or memorable one.

6/10

Movie Trailer :
I’m just wondering who are that bastards, who defines Hollywood’s policy of licking ass of feminists and all sort of other rubbish in these movies

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Made it about 30 minutes in on a pirated rip before I wanted to bang my head against the wall to make it stop. Without a doubt one of the worst and dumbest movies I've ever sat through. Just sat there completely stupidified by how bad it was. Eventually just fast forwarded to Arnie which they were going to make you sit through 90 minutes of mind boggling bullshit for. Probably one the worst films I've ever experienced.

Reactions: senior edler

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Jesus

I loved the 1st 2 Terminator movies so I decided to go to Dark Fate, nostalgia is a real ***** that makes people do stupid things and going to that thing was one of the biggest mistakes I've made for awhile

If this doesn't kill the franchise for good I'll be shocked

I like Hamilton and Schwarzenegger, hell I really appreciated watching MacKenzie Davis in Black Mirror San Junipero as well

How is it possible it was that unwatchable with a non awful cast?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Made it about 30 minutes in on a pirated rip before I wanted to bang my head against the wall to make it stop. Without a doubt one of the worst and dumbest movies I've ever sat through. Just sat there completely stupidified by how bad it was. Eventually just fast forwarded to Arnie which they were going to make you sit through 90 minutes of mind boggling bull**** for. Probably one the worst films I've ever experienced.

You pirated it so who cares?

Reactions: senior edler

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Jesus

I loved the 1st 2 Terminator movies so I decided to go to Dark Fate, nostalgia is a real ***** that makes people do stupid things and going to that thing was one of the biggest mistakes I've made for awhile

If this doesn't kill the franchise for good I'll be shocked

I like Hamilton and Schwarzenegger, hell I really appreciated watching MacKenzie Davis in Black Mirror San Junipero as well

How is it possible it was that unwatchable with a non awful cast?

The story was completed at the end of the second movie. The franchise could have survived and done well had the show runners of any of the movies had any amount of creative vision and moved away from Sarah, John and Arnold.

They had the set up to a great TWD style TV show, decades before TWD came out and they didn't even know it.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
You pirated it so who cares?

Pretty sure we're in the 21st century. People who paid for this should be embarrassed. Wasting $10 on cinematic feces makes an opinion more valid? I was just socializing it, bro.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Pretty sure we're in the 21st century. People who paid for this should be embarrassed. Wasting $10 on cinematic feces makes an opinion more valid? I was just socializing it, bro.

Pretty sure you’re being cheap and complaining about something you stole, bro

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This should do it

This is going to be big money loss it looks like for studio unless foreign sales go nuts which isn't likely

Franchise should have ended after T3 which despite its warts is still closest in quality to original films and had an ending that was satisfying conclusion

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Genisys was awesome. Give me more Terminator. Other people can keep their Marvel movies, I want the real epic alternative franchises to keep rolling.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
there's so much potential in this franchise, it's just sad to see this completely destroyed like this. In each movie they have some great ideas (Sarah Connor, the T-800 learning to be human, etc...) but they are filled with soooo many dumb moves. In this one, destroying everything T1 and T2 had done by killing !!!!!(spoilers) and then, doing the exact same thing that would have happened with Skynet but now, by another company (but still creating the same kind of robot)...

It's just sad.. I didn't hate the movie, but I left disappointed... again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad