Movies: Terminator: Dark Fate

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
With so many advancements in CGI and technology, how do people still not get physics of bodies being thrown and flipped? Like even in the Avengers movies and this Trailer, it just looks so comically bad. At least freaking TRY to make it look somewhat normal.

I've often wondered the same thing. Movies are relying on CGI more and more, but CGI physics still tend to look fake. You can see how much the modeling of fur, fabric and liquids (which are all physics related) has improved over the last 25 years, thanks to a will to improve it, but there hasn't seemed to be nearly as much interest in making the motion of ordinary solid objects look as believable as possible. I wonder if the animators are just in such a rush because of the ever increasing volume of CGI being demanded that they don't have time to re-work and perfect each scene. I'd prefer movies to have quality of CGI over quantity, but that's me.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Cameron: it will be a true Terminator 3...

The Trailers shows some horrible trash

Me:

The Crypto Guy: well that's a badass...

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I've often wondered the same thing. Movies are relying on CGI more and more, but CGI physics still tend to look fake. You can see how much the modeling of fur, fabric and liquids (which are all physics related) has improved over the last 25 years, thanks to a will to improve it, but there hasn't seemed to be nearly as much interest in making the motion of ordinary solid objects look as believable as possible. I wonder if the animators are just in such a rush because of the ever increasing volume of CGI being demanded that they don't have time to re-work and perfect each scene. I'd prefer movies to have quality of CGI over quantity, but that's me.

This is definitely a huge part of it. Terminator 2 had only 5 minutes total of CGI time, this movie will certainly have far more than that.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I saw a trailer for this in the theater Saturday for the first time and Sarah Connor drops the "I'll be back" line at the end of it. Legitimately one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I saw a trailer for this in the theater Saturday for the first time and Sarah Connor drops the "I'll be back" line at the end of it. Legitimately one of the most cringeworthy things I've seen.

I took it as Sarah is such a badass that Arnold’s most famous line is merely a throwaway line for her.

"Best Terminator sequel since T2"

"TFA of Terminator movies"

Getting praise.

If it succeeds, absolutely TFA. Both movies had long odds to satisfy their respective fanbases. Introducing new actors/characters that the audience rallies behind can be very difficult, as proven by the prequel trilogy and T3, T:S & TG.

I’m wary of the hype being just hype, but hopefully it’s true.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
ColliderLive people really enjoyed it. Fun, great performances from the new cast members etc.

Currently at 64% Fresh at RT: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Empire magazine:

Easily the third-best Terminator film, which is more of a compliment than it sounds. It's great to have Hamilton back in this role, but she's ably matched by Reyes and Davis.

Terminator: Dark Fate

Last edited:

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
ColliderLive people really enjoyed it. Fun, great performances from the new cast members etc.

Currently at 64% Fresh at RT: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Empire magazine:

Terminator: Dark Fate
Mackenzie Davis’ augmented human fighter Grace comes from the future but it is not the one of John Connor and Kyle Reese. So _T2_’s happy ending stands, sort of, but Judgment Day still looms, and time travellers still try to change the past.
The huge pile of crap is coming
14040209_gal.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The reviews have been good enough that I think I'm gonna give this a shot. Might as well with A-List. Haven't watched any of these, though, so it's time to do some catching up. Based on what I've been told, I will only need to watch the first 2 of the series before this.

Reactions: Jussi

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I wouldn't trust critics today because they are worse then ever before they don't judge a movie by how good it is but for reasons other then the movie itself. Wait for when the general public sees it and gives their views that while not perfect is much better then critic reviews.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The commercials look goofy with a bunch of senior citizens walking around with bazookas and shit.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The reviews have been good enough that I think I'm gonna give this a shot. Might as well with A-List. Haven't watched any of these, though, so it's time to do some catching up. Based on what I've been told, I will only need to watch the first 2 of the series before this.

Wait. Hold the phone. Did you just say that you've never seen any of the Terminator movies, not even the first two? Woah.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Am I the only one who liked Terminator Salvation?

Genisys was awful, Terminator 3 was mediocre.

Salvation was the most disappointing for me. Finally get to see the future war movie instead of the same recycled Terminator comes back and tries to kill the good guys plot but all we get was a 2 hour snooze fest.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Terminator : Dark Fate [2019] :

Terminator movies don't repeat themselves, they just rhyme. Terminator: Dark Fate is a reincarnation of Terminator 2 except, because it is 2019, there is, of course, a young girl who is the future of people-kind (thank you Justin) being saved by a female terminator.

The plot and pacing are all over the map and it isn't until Arnold makes an appearance at the half way mark that the movie gets its first of many laughs - as always, he's very funny with his deadpan delivery.

TDF is too long, too silly, and should have been released in the summer where it would fit in with all the fluff. Still, for people who love the series, and I am one of them, it will give you your fix. Just not a satisfying or memorable one.

6/10

Movie Trailer :

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->