OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers Vs. Atlanta Hawks | Game 7 | 8:00 EST | JS’s Goodest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
A lot of teams looking to recalibrate like the Sixers....so some possible win win type trades look likely. Draft should be interesting and Simmons to GS looks the most likely with what they are trying to do with Curry, Green, and Klay still in play for a run. They don't need those picks...

I expect a lot of moving pieces among teams with Morey going bold which again is his MO. Sitting idle with Ben only happens if a lot of trash is thrown around..

Reactions: Tripod

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
A lot of teams looking to recalibrate like the Sixers....so some possible win win type trades look likely. Draft should be interesting and Simmons to GS looks the most likely with what they are trying to do with Curry, Green, and Klay still in play for a run. They don't need those picks...

I expect a lot of moving pieces among teams with Morey going bold which again is his MO. Sitting idle with Ben only happens if a lot of trash is thrown around..
Stop embarassing yourself.
G7 was almost a week ago. Lets stop calling for (bad) franchise altering moves based off pure emotion.
Morey's not dealing Simmons for Wiggins + whatever mystery box is sitting at 7. That's Billy King stuff.
I was all aboard Suggs/Green but even then there'd be some thought based on the age.

So many bad/unrealistic trade ideas.
Switch Lavine and Tobias and the Bulls season turns out the same way.
CJ is a worse, more expensive version of Seth.
Beal is a one trick pony who's done jack**** in his prime and is assisted on WAY too many of his buckets.
S/T anything for Lowry makes me want to commit seppuku.
Dame is a pipedream. He would have to:
1) Demand out (50/50)
2) Make Philly his preferred destination *because there's 3-5 teams who could make better offers* (nonzero)
3) Portland would have to honor his wishes and make an undue commitment to a $170 million headcase (zero)
Simmons, Maxey, Thybulle + a pick because why else would Portland trade their most popular player ever for the most currently maligned player in the NBA?

Even if you dont think Simmons has the ability to fix things you should believe he can rehab his value to something more than whatever near negative value it is now.
Dealing from a weak position after a tough loss is just foolishness.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Stop embarassing yourself.
G7 was almost a week ago. Lets stop calling for (bad) franchise altering moves based off pure emotion.
Morey's not dealing Simmons for Wiggins + whatever mystery box is sitting at 7. That's Billy King stuff.
I was all aboard Suggs/Green but even then there'd be some thought based on the age.

So many bad/unrealistic trade ideas.
Switch Lavine and Tobias and the Bulls season turns out the same way.
CJ is a worse, more expensive version of Seth.
Beal is a one trick pony who's done jack**** in his prime and is assisted on WAY too many of his buckets.
S/T anything for Lowry makes me want to commit seppuku.
Dame is a pipedream. He would have to:
1) Demand out (50/50)
2) Make Philly his preferred destination *because there's 3-5 teams who could make better offers* (nonzero)
3) Portland would have to honor his wishes and make an undue commitment to a $170 million headcase (zero)
Simmons, Maxey, Thybulle + a pick because why else would Portland trade their most popular player ever for the most currently maligned player in the NBA?

Even if you dont think Simmons has the ability to fix things you should believe he can rehab his value to something more than whatever near negative value it is now.
Dealing from a weak position after a tough loss is just foolishness.
I think you and a lot of self proclaimed experts are going to embarrass yourselves when Ben is gone quite frankly. If there is anybody being emotional it is the people thinking he is staying and can be reformed here and also thinking all the trade proposals being bandied about will actually transpire the way they are being proposed/reported. Stay tuned. I remember this same garbage when Carter and Richards were traded. It was always clear to me they would/should be dealt and I feel the same about Simmons.

Edit: If the Sixers do keep him it will be for the regular season bc offers were much less than equal value. However, he will be gone by the playoffs. Doubt we see such drastic improvement or want another playoff test run only to waste another Embiid season.

Last edited:

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I don’t know how you could say Beal is a one trick pony after the first round, he was awesome IMO.
:laugh: This thread is WIP now I guess. We werent watching the same thing
30 per..on 46% from the field and a robust 22% from 3.
1 turn for every assist and massive minuses in a gentlemens sweep with the losses all being blowouts.
One trick. And he hasnt even really been impactful with it since 2017.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Foolin' around with the trade machine :nod:

full

Works for me :naughty:

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
His own teammates saying shit like this. Its just going to tank his value further.

Meh..it's all out in the open including Ben being on public record as admitting as much. Said his weakness is that he needs people to make him accountable instead of being accountable to himself. Moreover, the fact the Cassell is looking to jump ship and had a whole season to make an impact on him and still failed shows how much of a project he truly is... mentally.

Reactions: Rebels57

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Meh..it's all out in the open including Ben being on public record as admitting as much. Said his weakness is that he needs people to make him accountable instead of being accountable to himself. Moreover, the fact the Cassel is looking to jump ship and had a whole season to make an impact on him and still failed shows how much of a project he truly is... mentally.
Looking to jump ship by becoming a head coach? That seems like a stretch.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If you need others to force you to be great then you're never going to be great. What separated the all time greats from their peers is their work ethic.

This is what made Jordan incredible. Not only was he the best but he worked harder than anyone else on his game. We have seen some very talented players come through the nba over the past 20-30 years who could've changed the game if they had any sort of work ethic whatso ever. When you talk to old school basketball players they always mention a guy like Derrick Coleman and what could've been had he any desire to be the best in the game.

Reactions: Rebels57

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
dude its his f***ing hand. everyone knows this.

"Dude", you don't get it. It's already been pointed out that Nadal has 20 GS titles against the likes of Federer and Djokovic. If he can do that Simmons can shoot 60% on his free throws. In fact, we know he can do that because he has in fact done that.

But for the sake of argument, let's say he would shoot better with his right hand. And yet, he refuses to switch despite others more knowlegeable than you or I suggesting it. Why does he refuse to switch? Because it's in his damn head, get it? He's a head case, it's that simple.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad