OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers Vs. Atlanta Hawks | Game 7 | 8:00 EST | JS’s Goodest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Levine is more palatable but I am hoping Morey can do something more. I honestly would like a high lottery pick somewhere in the mix.

I seriously doubt you can get a player of Lavine's caliber and a high draft pick for Simmons. I mean, if Morey could pull that off he should be GM of the year for that alone.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Who are you trading Simmons for?

They are not going to be able to trade him for one single "elite" player because teams arent going to give up elite players for Ben now that he's been exposed. What Morey should be looking to do is trade him for multiple "good" players that make us a better overall team. They likely win the Hawks series with a league-average PG in there along with a better bench. Too early to say what is available but its silly to scoff at the discussion.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They are not going to be able to trade him for one single "elite" player because teams arent going to give up elite players for Ben now that he's been exposed. What Morey should be looking to do is trade him for multiple "good" players that make us a better overall team. They likely win the Hawks series with a league-average PG in there along with a better bench. Too early to say what is available but its silly to scoff at the discussion.

4fcdd4080cffed184375046f890d22b7.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That wins in hockey. It doesn't win in basketball. No GM in sports talks about the impact of stars more than Morey. He flat out said after the deadline he has no interest in about a player that would be the 8th or 9th best player in the playoffs because that player doesn't increase your title odds because they don't play (a clear disconnect with how Rivers ran his bench but that's a story for another day).

I'm fairly confident that won't be the move. Now it could possibly be an initial move as part of a bigger one (I'm thinking lottery picks), but he will hold onto Simmons, a 24 year old All-Star with hopes he develops something, while waiting for the next star to demand a trade, before he trades him off for scraps.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
LaVine is the best mention I've heard so far. If it's even a possibility, he's still more of an off guard. Whose hands are we putting the ball in?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
LaVine is the best mention I've heard so far. If it's even a possibility, he's still more of an off guard. Whose hands are we putting the ball in?

Obviously Maxey is one option, and probably the fan favorite. Lowry via sign and trade is another option. In fact, I have a strong suspicion that if Simmons isn't a Sixer on opening day, Lowry will be. I wouldn't trade Simmons for Lowry but if Morey can somehow land Lavine and Lowry without giving up Maxey or Matisse he might make Sixers fans almost forget Hinkie.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Obviously Maxey is one option, and probably the fan favorite. Lowry via sign and trade is another option. In fact, I have a strong suspicion that if Simmons isn't a Sixer on opening day, Lowry will be. I wouldn't trade Simmons for Lowry but if Morey can somehow land Lavine and Lowry without giving up Maxey or Matisse he might make Sixers fans almost forget Hinkie.
I remember when they interviewed GM's around the league and they complained how they hated trading with Hinkie bc he would always outmaneuver them. Some went so far saying they would never try dealing with him again although they lamented sometimes they had no choice if it was a multiple team trade. It was hilarious to read. Hinkie was all about the zag when others zigged.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I remember seeing a report that multiple GM's are saying that Morey wants a bigger name than Lowry. So I wonder if he is even in the radar now for Philly.

The Raps "look" like they are going to get a top guard at the draft...Green or Suggs. Their need is a rim protecting starting C. So I assume they will be trying to do a sign & trade with Lowry, for a C....or in a 3 team deal. With FVF, Green/Suggs, Trent JR(assuming he re-signs), and Flynn....their 4 guards seem set. Siakam, OG for their forwards, Boucher off the bench for a F...C if needed.

I do think Lowry would be great for you guy not only to run the floor but also for Maxey to learn from. But I have a feeling he ends up on the Heat....as I think Morey goes after a bigger fish.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So who's guarding Trae Young for the Bucks? And is he a DPOY candidate? And did he have more than 5 points?
I saw the 4th quarter but it is typically Holiday who is among the elite defenders in the league...he did have 22 points. Seems the Bucks adjusted very well to the 1st game loss. Atlanta may stretch the series a bit but doubt it goes 7. Game 1 may be their only win but I think they can possibly get another win at home although the Bucks ran them out the building last night.'

I get your point though...

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Bucks have someone who was just named to the All-Defensive First Team on Trae. That’s not exactly crap. Simmons is a monster defensively, but there’s an argument he could’ve gone over less screens, using his length, to avoid those paint plays and encourage 3s; Holiday is obviously twitchier than Ben. It’s a dirty secret that Trae was more timely than good last round. He had plenty support. To his credit, let’s not pretend he didn’t roast the Bucks more than in any Sixers game the other night.

The Sixers had multiple leads comparable to what the Bucks did last night. They just coughed them up. It’s really hard to ignore Gallinari, who was a thorn in the Sixers side, is already -40 on the court in 2 games as a sub (+32 in our series). He’s not playable; Lou hasn’t been playable. Huerter can’t switch onto anyone like Curry to abuse. Bogdanovic hurt his knee in game 6 against us. I just dislike the facile arguments; it’s not 1v1. The Bucks are a better team.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Lillard is the dream pick up but seems like a long-shot.
He is not leaving PDX. Guy is a legend here and he has a lot in the community. That said, I would love him on the sixers. As you said .... dream .... but him and Embiid would be so sick ... only dream

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I remember seeing a report that multiple GM's are saying that Morey wants a bigger name than Lowry. So I wonder if he is even in the radar now for Philly.

The Raps "look" like they are going to get a top guard at the draft...Green or Suggs. Their need is a rim protecting starting C. So I assume they will be trying to do a sign & trade with Lowry, for a C....or in a 3 team deal. With FVF, Green/Suggs, Trent JR(assuming he re-signs), and Flynn....their 4 guards seem set. Siakam, OG for their forwards, Boucher off the bench for a F...C if needed.

I do think Lowry would be great for you guy not only to run the floor but also for Maxey to learn from. But I have a feeling he ends up on the Heat....as I think Morey goes after a bigger fish.

Not sure how I feel about that idea- how does he get a "bigger fish" without paying a higher price? I really think both Thybulle and Maxey should be off-limits. Shake, Furkan... I would use one of those guys in a trade (plus whatever filler makes it happen) but I don't see how you get someone better than Lowry like that. And is it realistic that the Raptors can get a starter for Lowry when he can just walk as a UFA? Seems optimistic to me.

I don't know the Raps cap situation but there will be some centers coming up for free agency that they might be able to get- Noel comes immediately to mind if you're looking for a rim protector.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
He is not leaving PDX. Guy is a legend here and he has a lot in the community. That said, I would love him on the sixers. As you said .... dream .... but him and Embiid would be so sick ... only dream
Maybe he’ll want to escape the heat

Reactions: Embiid

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
For what it is worth...latest rumor continues to be GS with Simmons for Wiggins and picks 7 and 14....I would imagine Morey would keep one and draft a rookie who can immediately get minutes like Maxey and then parlay the other in some trade. People of course will rightfully wig out over Wiggins but I'm sure Morey has a plan with lots of moving parts just like the way Hinkie operated...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not sure how I feel about that idea- how does he get a "bigger fish" without paying a higher price? I really think both Thybulle and Maxey should be off-limits. Shake, Furkan... I would use one of those guys in a trade (plus whatever filler makes it happen) but I don't see how you get someone better than Lowry like that. And is it realistic that the Raptors can get a starter for Lowry when he can just walk as a UFA? Seems optimistic to me.

I don't know the Raps cap situation but there will be some centers coming up for free agency that they might be able to get- Noel comes immediately to mind if you're looking for a rim protector.
Well I believe the thinking is that to get Lowry, you keep Simmons and use kids/picks. But you go after a bigger name, then Simmons comes into play. But with a G likely to be there at #4 for the Raps.I don't see the Raps "needing" a guard in a trade and that's what you guys have for your young 3....or Hill.

Maybe they do make a trade for Simmons and make him/OG be C and PF....big time small ball. But no, I don't see the Raps getting a starter for Lowry unless it's a team that wants to move salary to a different need. But KL how really only been linked to Philly, Lakers, Heat, Knicks,...and oddly Dallas that I have seen. Still think he ends up on Heat.

Noel was one of the guys listed that the Raps should go after:

Richaun Holmes
Noel
Zach Collins
Dewayne Dedmon
Jarrett Allen(listed as longshot)

Unless of course Mobley drops to the Raps...or Raps trade a 2nd to move up and get him, they moving Lowry and a guard coming back makes more sense.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Well I believe the thinking is that to get Lowry, you keep Simmons and use kids/picks. But you go after a bigger name, then Simmons comes into play. But with a G likely to be there at #4 for the Raps.I don't see the Raps "needing" a guard in a trade and that's what you guys have for your young 3....or Hill.

Maybe they do make a trade for Simmons and make him/OG be C and PF....big time small ball. But no, I don't see the Raps getting a starter for Lowry unless it's a team that wants to move salary to a different need. But KL how really only been linked to Philly, Lakers, Heat, Knicks,...and oddly Dallas that I have seen. Still think he ends up on Heat.

Noel was one of the guys listed that the Raps should go after:

Richaun Holmes
Noel
Zach Collins
Dewayne Dedmon
Jarrett Allen(listed as longshot)

Unless of course Mobley drops to the Raps...or Raps trade a 2nd to move up and get him, they moving Lowry and a guard coming back makes more sense.

I'm thinking the Sixers may do both- go after a bigger name (for instance, Lavine) in exchange for Simmons, and also trade kids/picks for Lowry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad