OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers: The Doggo Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Loved Niang in college. Didn't think he'd be an NBAer. Shooters shoot as they so though.

Reactions: SnS

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
2/7 is pretty good. Shot 43% on 3's and there's still upside with that profile at 27.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This joker really called it a sign-in-trade hahahahaha

Meh, Green is close to cooked, quicker guards were beating him off the dribble on a regular basis, letting him and Hill go may hurt in terms of experience, but can help in terms of young legs - the core of this team is in their mid to late 20s, you don't have to go all in next season.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

He's doomed.

Hopefully the doom lies with Mike Scott and that horrid experiment ends due to this acquisition. Should add some pop off the bench like Ilyasova did. Slow on D and will have to be deployed tactically by Doc....which obviously wasn't his calling card in the playoffs.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Meh, Green is close to cooked, quicker guards were beating him off the dribble on a regular basis, letting him and Hill go may hurt in terms of experience, but can help in terms of young legs - the core of this team is in their mid to late 20s, you don't have to go all in next season.
Did you even read my post? And the original post? Do you even know what's going on?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
If Morey's ''plan'' is to run it back minus minor changes like Drummond over Howard, Niang over Scott, and someone like Oubre over Green this team is completely f***ed and he is a dumbass.

It feels like everything is on hold until there is some resolution with the Simmons situation, and with that situation likely dragging out the offseason is trending in a bad direction for them. Also, good luck trying to sell the fanbase on bringing back Simmons and having he and Embiid work together on the floor if it comes to that.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If Morey's ''plan'' is to run it back minus minor changes like Drummond over Howard, Niang over Scott, and someone like Oubre over Green this team is completely f***ed and he is a dumbass.

It feels like everything is on hold until there is some resolution with the Simmons situation, and with that situation likely dragging out the offseason is trending in a bad direction for them. Also, good luck trying to sell the fanbase on bringing back Simmons and having he and Embiid work together on the floor if it comes to that.
I mean not disagreeing but he is at least trying to improve the bench some. To me....Simmons absolutely cannot start the season but they may have no choice if the right trade doesn't transpire. Sucks....but Simmons made himself a hard sell to other teams. I blame him more than Morey....

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I mean not disagreeing but he is at least trying to improve the bench some. To me....Simmons absolutely cannot start the season but they may have no choice if the right trade doesn't transpire. Sucks....but Simmons made himself a hard sell to other teams. I blame him more than Morey....
I like the Drummond signing as he is younger and a definite upgrade over Howard. That being said, signing another player who you basically should never put on the court the same time as Simmons is concerning if they are going to keep him. Embiid is going to miss his 15-20 games and good luck trying to have success in those games with Simmons and Drummond in the starting lineup.

As far as Simmons goes. I will blame Morey far more than Simmons if he ends up back on the team. Simmons and Embiid don't work together, period. It's time to move on and if that means taking 75 cents on the dollar so be it. Asking for four first round picks and an all star player for him if those reports are true is absurd. Sometimes you have to cut your losses from a value perspective to make the right movies for a team and this is absolutely one of those situations.

Reactions: Tripod

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I like the Drummond signing as he is younger and a definite upgrade over Howard. That being said, signing another player who you basically should never put on the court the same time as Simmons is concerning if they are going to keep him. Embiid is going to miss his 15-20 games and good luck trying to have success in those games with Simmons and Drummond in the starting lineup.
They won't keep Simmons ....I would be shocked if he was playing in the playoffs for the Sixers next year.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There was always a decent chance that Simmons wouldn't be traded. If the reports we've seen are to be believed, Morey is looking for near-superstar price and I'd be shocked if he gets it. Everybody knows that Simmons is a) a massive talent, and b) a massive head case. The whole world saw him melt down against Atlanta, which was really just a more extreme example of what we've seen in the playoffs from past seasons. He doesn't have a seller's market to work with.

Simmons is still too good to think that addition by subtraction, just trading him for role players, is going to make the team better.

Reactions: SnS

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
There was always a decent chance that Simmons wouldn't be traded. If the reports we've seen are to be believed, Morey is looking for near-superstar price and I'd be shocked if he gets it. Everybody knows that Simmons is a) a massive talent, and b) a massive head case. The whole world saw him melt down against Atlanta, which was really just a more extreme example of what we've seen in the playoffs from past seasons. He doesn't have a seller's market to work with.

Simmons is still too good to think that addition by subtraction, just trading him for role players, is going to make the team better.
What do you define as role players.

They can't keep running this shit back and expecting that things will magically change. Simmons is stubborn, a head case as you said, and a poor fit from a schematic standpoint with the teams best player. How many more playoff series do they need to watch him dribble the ball up the court, pass it off, and stand on the baseline while the team plays four on five on offense until they move on.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
They won't keep Simmons ....I would be shocked if he was playing in the playoffs for the Sixers next year.
I hope you are right but Morey's supposed asking price has me concerned. If that was asking price a month ago, fine. I feel like things are past the point of the offseason where you ask for the moon in a trade negotiation and hope someone is dumb enough to take it. Maybe he thinks by being patient and playing the long game with this during the offseason something will happen but that's risky to me.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I hope you are right but Morey's supposed asking price has me concerned. If that was asking price a month ago, fine. I feel like things are past the point of the offseason where you ask for the moon in a trade negotiation and hope someone is dumb enough to take it. Maybe he thinks by being patient and playing the long game with this during the offseason something will happen but that's risky to me.
With our luck Simmons blows out a knee....definitely risky. At least you know Simmons will turn it on for the All Star game.....can try to sell him high and hope Dame wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad