OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers: The Doggo Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not thrilled with the idea of CJ. I like him but we kind of already have one of those with Curry, although CJ is better overall. Lacking an obvious starting PG though, unless they think Maxey is ready.
Freddy Vanvleet could be part of the bigger deal

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Get ready for the 3 way deal with the main 3 pieces being:

Simmons to Toronto
Siakam to Portland
CJ to Philly

Masai went to LA and met with Rich Paul yesterday. They posed for picks with GT Jr on his 2 year signing....but what Team President AND GM(Webster) travel to just take a photo with re-signing a RFA in GT Jr? Rumors are that it was more to talk to Paul and the Simmons situation and if he can help get a "reasonable" deal done since Morey's ask has been outrageous.

Take it for what it's worth.
squidward.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How can this Sixers team not have traded Simmons yet and even consider having him back next year? Note: I am not a basketball fan nor do I know anything about the game or strategy, but it would seem that this is a guy they should trade to anyone that will take him at this point, no?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
How can this Sixers team not have traded Simmons yet and even consider having him back next year? Note: I am not a basketball fan nor do I know anything about the game or strategy, but it would seem that this is a guy they should trade to anyone that will take him at this point, no?
They want to move him out by training camp...that is the rumored timetable. Prolly true as you don't want him becoming a distraction and posting videos of himself lounging in his pool. Issue is that Morey doesn't intend on giving him away. Ben is signed so he has no leverage apart from his beach chair..

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
No stretch 5 this year.

holy shit I cannot believe what a steal this contract was (vet min). dude averaged 18-14 less than a year ago. way better than dwight at this point of his career. if Bball paul improves, could move him at the TDL as well. They also might feel that he is ready for small ball minutes which would be the ideal scenario as drummond certainly does not fit that mold. Gotta expect drummond to be motivated since hes gonna be practicing against the guy who dominated him every chance he got.

just hope embiid isnt salty since i know they hated each other in the past haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: JXC and Jack Straw

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Why would Drummond's agent do this tho? He had a pretty decent year before Lakers is 27/28... The best is a vet minimum for a backup role? There isnt one team paying more or who needed a starting center?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Teams don’t really pay bigs anymore. That’s why it is outrageous to give a non-elite one a $100 million contract or draft one in the top 5 over wings/guards with better or similar talent level (Wiseman).

Reactions: SnS and Schwarbomb

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Wouldn't want him to be the starter anyway but still would be nice to have him coming off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad