OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers: The Doggo Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
hypothetically speaking, who exactly would you be targeting with said assets? I am also curious , what is your definition of an upper echelon player?

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with your assessment of beal. Dame would obviously be choice #1 for me, but beal is a close second and I believe would cost us less (no maxey in my hypothetical trade). His ability to space the floor for embiid, hit open shots, and create for himself would relieve a huge burden from this team. I also was impressed by his offball movement in the series, seemed like he was always in the right spot. His defense would be a huge step down from simmons but I thought he at least competed a lot more on D than I originally expected in the wizards series. Definitely a top 20 player for me.

just saw the korkmaz news. Makes sense, just hope he can be a bit more consistent this year.

I’d be moving the assets to a rebuilding team.

Dame is my number one option. I think Beal is a good player, but I think he’s on the same level as CJ. And I wouldn’t be enamored either that was the return either.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Dame is my number one option. I think Beal is a good player, but I think he’s on the same level as CJ. And I wouldn’t be enamored either that was the return either.

Can't agree with the bolded. Beal >>> CJ.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX

gonna have to disagree with the beal/mccollum statement. Beal gets to the line triple the amount of times per game as mccollum, and has averaged 30 ppg 2 years in a row whereas mccollums best was 23 ppg. CJ is an abysmal defender as well.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
gonna have to disagree with the beal/mccollum statement. Beal gets to the line triple the amount of times per game as mccollum, and has averaged 30 ppg 2 years in a row whereas mccollums best was 23 ppg. CJ is an abysmal defender as well.

Switch Beal and CJ’s teams and I’m sure the stat lines would be what they are.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Beal is a sieve defensively (so is Dame), but playmaking doesn’t get enough attention with what the Sixers will be losing and what they need. Obviously he can score, but I don’t know how well Beal fits into that part of the equation. Would anyone be a good passer on the roster, let alone plus? Beal requires Maxey at the 1, and I’m not sure how to project his passing either, much as I like him. Obviously, better spacing can produce better passing situations…..

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Beal is a sieve defensively (so is Dame), but playmaking doesn’t get enough attention with what the Sixers will be losing and what they need. Obviously he can score, but I don’t know how well Beal fits into that part of the equation. Would anyone be a good passer on the roster, let alone plus? Beal requires Maxey at the 1, and I’m not sure how to project his passing either, much as I like him. Obviously, better spacing can produce better passing situations…..
I think the last part you mentioned about spacing is huge. I am not sure Maxey could handle the 1 in year 2 and it would not be ideal, that said, its a complete unknown as I am having difficulty projecting his passing as well. Assuming we let George Hill walk, I wonder who they will target as a backup PG, not sure how much money we have to spend but its around 5 mil if I remember correctly.

Seems we all agree Dame is pretty much the only unanimous guy out there that would greatly improve this team and would be worth the multitude of assets we'd have to give up.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
You have to punt on guys like that. Legitimate stars, rookie contracts, and minimum contracts are where the real bang for your buck is. Several teams shot themselves in the foot today.

Reactions: Tripod and Embiid

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

Duncan Robinson at 5/90. Doug McDermott at 3/42.

More-y.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I am not going to quote the guy because I am sure he is bull, but for discussion purposes, the sixers have been in talks with Portland and it didn't have to do with Dame. My only other thought would be CJ.

(fine, the guy's name is Vin. If you are on twitter, you probably heard of him)

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am not going to quote the guy because I am sure he is bull, but for discussion purposes, the sixers have been in talks with Portland and it didn't have to do with Dame. My only other thought would be CJ.

(fine, the guy's name is Vin. If you are on twitter, you probably heard of him)
Get ready for the 3 way deal with the main 3 pieces being:

Simmons to Toronto
Siakam to Portland
CJ to Philly

Masai went to LA and met with Rich Paul yesterday. They posed for picks with GT Jr on his 2 year signing....but what Team President AND GM(Webster) travel to just take a photo with re-signing a RFA in GT Jr? Rumors are that it was more to talk to Paul and the Simmons situation and if he can help get a "reasonable" deal done since Morey's ask has been outrageous.

Take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Get ready for the 3 way deal with the main 3 pieces being:

Simmons to Toronto
Siakam to Portland
CJ to Philly

Not thrilled with the idea of CJ. I like him but we kind of already have one of those with Curry, although CJ is better overall. Lacking an obvious starting PG though, unless they think Maxey is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->