OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: We're Stil Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He is, and that's a good thing. But he seems to have developed a severe case of Robert Covington Disease around the rim. His finishing this year is atrocious. Like, embarrassingly bad for a pro. I don't think I ever thought of him as a great finisher at the rim, but I don't remember him being this bad.

Think it's learning curve, as he does it more he'll be more prepared for contact and not rush the shot.
And he needs to get stronger for that role, he's added strength, but I think he'll fill out some more the next couple years.
Like a lot of guys with finesse open court moves, he has to adjust to the contact you get in crowds. Can't be cute around the rim.

Reactions: Jack Straw

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah Bagley wasn't even a bad pick in hindsight. That was known at the time. Drafting bigs at the top often does not give you great ROI. Not going to pretend I've seen a bunch of Warriors games, but Wiseman's numbers paint an offensive black hole.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Bagley over JJJ was a fireable offense. I'm not going to pretend like I spent time researching Doncic back then but Bagley was way overdrafted, playing for Duke will do that to players though.

I watched a bunch of Real Madrid games in Doncic’s last year there and you could tell he was special. He was what, 17? 18? Best player in the league, best player in the finals. He had that same swagger that you can see now, you could tell he wanted to be the guy in the big moments. BB IQ off the charts. I would have taken him #1 and never looked back.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah Bagley wasn't even a bad pick in hindsight. That was known at the time. Drafting bigs at the top often does not give you great ROI. Not going to pretend I've seen a bunch of Warriors games, but Wiseman's numbers paint an offensive black hole.

I’ve watched a bunch of Warriors game and I think Wiseman is going to be good. In time he’ll give the Warriors something they haven’t had, although who knows what other pieces they’ll have in a few years.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I’ve watched a bunch of Warriors game and I think Wiseman is going to be good. In time he’ll give the Warriors something they haven’t had, although who knows what other pieces they’ll have in a few years.
Yeah. It's just hard seeing him becoming better than Ball or Haliburton (Kings are on the right side this time around).

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Yeah. It's just hard seeing him becoming better than Ball or Haliburton (Kings are on the right side this time around).

it still shocks me Haliburton fell as far as he did. I thought he had a real good chance to be the best player in this draft.

it’s also fun hearing Simmons complain on every pod about how the Celtics didn’t trade up two spots to get him.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Haliburton told some teams not to take him. He wanted to go to Sacramento. Definitely correct he should have gone earlier and would have if not for that.

The ROY voting is very important in this household this year. Back in December, I found a book that gave me minimum 60%+ profit on a 3-way combination play. Haliburton would be the max payout, so sign me up.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Haliburton told some teams not to take him. He wanted to go to Sacramento. Definitely correct he should have gone earlier and would have if not for that.

The ROY voting is very important in this household this year. Back in December, I found a book that gave me minimum 60%+ profit on a 3-way combination play. Haliburton would be the max payout, so sign me up.

I have futures on Haliburton too for ROY. Also have Ball but payout wouldn’t be as large

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
it still shocks me Haliburton fell as far as he did. I thought he had a real good chance to be the best player in this draft.

it’s also fun hearing Simmons complain on every pod about how the Celtics didn’t trade up two spots to get him.
NBA is big dumb. He was tremendous in college. I wish I could find the post but I was very bullish on him even prior to his stellar sophomore year. He's my type of player.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Luka fell because he is white.
That and Euro observers hype EVERYONE that comes out of their programs to an obscene degree.
Nationalism/xenophobia is a powerful force, the bigger the country the bigger the hype.
Slovenia is tiny. If Luka had been a Spanish natl doing what he did at Real the hype wouldve matched the talent.
The blue-chippers get undersold while the scrubs get overhyped.
Ask any Italian/Spainiard about Campazzo and you'd think he was a Steve Nash/Chris Paul hybrid.
Its sometimes hard for this hemisphere's scouting depts to keep their eyes objective due to this, not to mention their own biases.

Also, the NBA is just a different sport in a lot of ways from other leagues.
The athletic difference is still stark even if the Curryball/Silverball era has devalued defense and emphasized offensive skill.
Luka's production was so ridiculous it shouldnt have mattered but there you go.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Ok then......No soup/Lowry for you!

Signed The Raptors

Seriously, he would be about as good a backup PG as you could find without (hopefully) overpaying. I said no starter but actually I might do Green for Lowry straight up. Give Matisse the starting SF spot. Maybe Green wants to go back to Tronno... er, uh... Tampa.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Seriously, he would be about as good a backup PG as you could find without (hopefully) overpaying. I said no starter but actually I might do Green for Lowry straight up. Give Matisse the starting SF spot. Maybe Green wants to go back to Tronno... er, uh... Tampa.
might?

Kyle would be perfect because he can not only be a PG...but a shooting guard. He can do what Ben can't in that regard.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
might?

Kyle would be perfect because he can not only be a PG...but a shooting guard. He can do what Ben can't in that regard.

Depends on the Raps asking price. Green for Lowry you'd have to seriously consider. Green can still play some defense against good scorers, so the Sixers would probably lose some on D but gain on O. Lowry is probably the better player now so the Raps might want more.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
RE: Lowry

Either you're going to have to get another team or two involved to pay for their cap space, or the deal basically has to be:

• Harris + stuff of value
  • Green + Scott + 2-3 other players + picks
I would assume if Morey does go for the multi-way, he's expanding it for Lowry and something else coming back.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
RE: Lowry

Either you're going to have to get another team or two involved to pay for their cap space, or the deal basically has to be:

• Harris + stuff of value
  • Green + Scott + 2-3 other players + picks
I would assume if Morey does go for the multi-way, he's expanding it for Lowry and something else coming back.

The first is a definite "no".
The second is a probable "no". Green + Scott I could maybe live with, not sure about 2 or 3 more players +. You're really getting into the bench now.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The first is a definite "no".
The second is a probable "no". Green + Scott I could maybe live with, not sure about 2 or 3 more players +. You're really getting into the bench now.

It's really tough to cobble anything together because the only way it makes sense is a multi-way.

I think that '21 Knicks 2nd is included somewhere, whether it's major or minor. There are some pretty different ideas I've seen thrown around:

• Scott + Ferguson + NYK 2 for Lou Williams as part of a 3-way with Detroit getting fed a bunch of 2s.
  • Ferguson + Poirier + NYK 2 + future Sixers 2 for Wayne Ellington and Delon Wright
  • Weird combinations of Gordon + Tucker to PHL with a 3rd team paid to facilitate by Houston.
  • Green + Ferguson + Scott + Bradley + Sixers 1 + NYK 2 for Lowry + De'Andre Bembry + filler player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad