OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: We're Stil Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm annoyed at Ben though but he isn't going to change at all or if not ever until the 76ers flame out and he takes the blame. When the criticism starts flowing more, that is the only thing that could change him. Til him he will be a plus plus defender and just an average offensive player.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Ben reminds me of Mike Richards somewhat although Ben has more natural skill and tools. Richards had heart but refused offseason conditioning and working on his game like faceoffs. Preferred to party, do drugs and drink. Ben refuses to develop at least one consistent offensive move to help his team out when Embiid and Harris are having a tough go of it. Not sure Hill will be enough to help off the bench but we'll see. At least he doesn't having a shooting phobia and shoots 3's at a high clip. Also Korkmaz is just too inconsistent....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I'm annoyed at Ben though but he isn't going to change at all or if not ever until the 76ers flame out and he takes the blame. When the criticism starts flowing more, that is the only thing that could change him. Til him he will be a plus plus defender and just an average offensive player.

At this point he doesn't have to actually change, he just has to get back to playing the way he was earlier in the season. Even with his defense, lately I don't know if you can say he's been a net positive for the team.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Green like Doc said the Sixers mentally eased into the game and didn't take NO serious enough. Clearly....noticed it in the first qtr. Pelicans came to play....Sixers were just all about the pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
At this point he doesn't have to actually change, he just has to get back to playing the way he was earlier in the season. Even with his defense, lately I don't know if you can say he's been a net positive for the team.
He isn't doing much at the line either (44%)...when he gets there which has been less as well.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont think he can play at that level for them to potentially win an NBA. He would have to elevate it even more. Only good thing about tonight is that barely allowed over 100 points to a team that can really score.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
Im catching the replay of the game now. cannot believe we lost to this crap team. I dont know how ben sleeps at night knowing how much potential he leaves on the floor

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Ben is the cautionary tale of someone who was pampered and coddled from the time he picked up a basketball.

surrounded by yes men. Never was pushed to work on his flaws. Mentally soft.

it’s a shame because he has all the physical talent in the world. Could be an MVP caliber player easily.

Reactions: 4who4what

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Ben is the cautionary tale of someone who was pampered and coddled from the time he picked up a basketball.

surrounded by yes men. Never was pushed to work on his flaws. Mentally soft.

it’s a shame because he has all the physical talent in the world. Could be an MVP caliber player easily.
Ben with Jordan’s mentality would be one of the all time greats. He is very image conscious and is afraid of looking bad

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Ben with Jordan’s mentality would be one of the all time greats. He is very image conscious and is afraid of looking bad

He should watch and re-watch film of last night's game. Zion went 37/15/8 attacking the rim and generally playing smart. Nothing that Simmons couldn't do consistently if he would just get his head on straight. He should be embarrassed that Zion out-played him so badly.

Reactions: Tripod and Embiid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->