OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are searching for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
On Tim & Sid, they had an NBA analyst on talking about the final shot.

Kawhi's normal shot height was 13 ft high at the top of the arc. His highest shot arc was 15 ft. On that final shot, to get over JE hand, he threw it 18 ft high at the top of the arc. No wonder the ball landed so softly. Pretty crazy.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I realize I’m probably in the minority, and I’ll likely be proven wrong, but is it crazy to have some doubts about Zion? I mean, I can see him deserving 1st overall, but the LeBron comparisons? I admit I’ve only watched a few Duke games this year, but other than the freakish athleticism/strength (which I recognize as unique) I don’t really see anything else that particularly stands out.

He’s not a great shooter (yes, he can improve but still) and in the NBA he is not going to be able to physically dominate the way he’s been able to do up to this point. Again, no problem with him being the top pick, but I don’t really quite get the enormous hype.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I haven't heard the hype because I haven't paid attention to it this year. He definitely isn't LeBron skill wise, as he won't be close to the passer James is. But he is a brilliant prospect, best since Davis IMO. Unless he gets injured or has mental problem I think he's a safe bet in becoming a top 20 player.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I haven't heard the hype because I haven't paid attention to it this year. He definitely isn't LeBron skill wise, as he won't be close to the passer James is. But he is a brilliant prospect, best since Davis IMO. Unless he gets injured or has mental problem I think he's a safe bet in becoming a top 20 player.

Top 20 I could see. Maybe top 10. Top 5 I don’t really see at this point.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
LMAO.....wtf happened to Patrick Ewing...…..what a fat slob. Combine him, Charles and Shaq and holy crap they are like 1 kiloton

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I realize I’m probably in the minority, and I’ll likely be proven wrong, but is it crazy to have some doubts about Zion? I mean, I can see him deserving 1st overall, but the LeBron comparisons? I admit I’ve only watched a few Duke games this year, but other than the freakish athleticism/strength (which I recognize as unique) I don’t really see anything else that particularly stands out.

He’s not a great shooter (yes, he can improve but still) and in the NBA he is not going to be able to physically dominate the way he’s been able to do up to this point. Again, no problem with him being the top pick, but I don’t really quite get the enormous hype.
I think the Lebron comparison is only based on athleticism at that age.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I wish we had a lottery pick.....but I prefer making the playoffs and hopefully next year making a stronger run at the championship...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can't believe this chick just said fir everyone to hear that Zion would obviously be the top pick. Then singles him out again.

Trashy to do.

Reactions: Carter Hart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad