OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are searching for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm not even touching last night's game. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, it's over and done with. I'm only looking forward with this team.

-Keep Brett Brown
Brown showed a lot of growth in this year's playoffs. A number of the adjustments he made worked out very well. The key players on the team obviously really like him. Anyone blaming Brown for the game 7 loss or the team not advancing past the second round is a fool.

-Give Butler a max deal
Not much explanation needed here. This is close to a must.

-Harris
I'm honestly 50/50 on Harris. I can see an argument for bringing him back, and I can see an argument for not. It it comes down to Harris or having a great bench though, I'm taking a vastly upgraded bench.

-Bring back JJ in a bench role
I'd be shocked if he wouldn't be open to coming back on an even cheaper deal than last year and in a back up role. Not sure if Zhaire is ready, but they could really used a more complete player who can defend the perimeter in the starting lineup, and JJ's shooting coming off the bench.

-Upgrading the bench, mainly back up PG and C is a must
Fultz was an epic failure and the TJ experiment is over. They desperately need a back up guard who can handle, shoot, and defend the perimeter. Having a good back up center to give them a good 15-20 minutes a night would also be huge for this team.

-Embiid
Needs to cut back on the junk food, maybe lose 10-15 pounds, and thus improve his conditioning. The way he acted after the game last night and took full responsibility in today's exit interview makes me confident that this will be good for him long term and he will make the necessary changes.

-Simmons
I would trade Simmons but I know that won't happen. He played scared again when it counted most in game 7 and showed no awareness or desire to become a better shooter this season, or when questioned about it in today's exit interview. He absolutely needs to at least become a willing shooter from 10-15 feet and stop being afraid to shoot in general. I'm not sure anyone couldn't be concerned about him after his exit interview but to each their own.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I still want TJ on the roster because #spiritanimal. Brett should totally still be the coach, and it's good to see he'll remain here. Cooler heads prevailed and a wise decision was made.

The pressure is greater for sure, but i'm not an advocate of saying his chair is getting any warmer.

This upcoming season, any expectation short of NBA Champ is reasonable, but barring a catastrophic event, i expect Brett to be the coach in then 20-21 season as well.

Last edited:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Glad to see BB is coming back. There really isn't anyone good out there to replace him with. Unless you're bringing in Jay Wright, BB is the correct choice

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Glad to see BB is coming back. There really isn't anyone good out there to replace him with. Unless you're bringing in Jay Wright, BB is the correct choice
I agree. I don't think Brett Brown is some great coach but he's certainly good enough. Jay Wright would be interesting but you just don't know if he would translate to the NBA. For those who wanted fire Brown, I'm honestly curious who they thought was going to be better, Jackson, Lue, Cassel? I think the last thing this team needed right now was to have a coaching search and bring in someone new.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i see we have a 1% chance to get the #1 pick...

raw

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I agree. I don't think Brett Brown is some great coach but he's certainly good enough. Jay Wright would be interesting but you just don't know if he would translate to the NBA. For those who wanted fire Brown, I'm honestly curious who they thought was going to be better, Jackson, Lue, Cassel? I think the last thing this team needed right now was to have a coaching search and bring in someone new.

no offense, but you dont believe this team has the talent to overcome a new head coach? the bucks and trailblazers make coaching changes look what happened to them. brett brown is never going to be pop and steve kerr these guys can develop talent without making trades, the fact that brett cant develop young talent it's the main reason why the sixers will never win a championship and pop and steve kerr are reasons why the teams are dynastys.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
Simmons - If Simmons doesn't develop some kind of 10-15 foot jumper, this process was all for nothing. This has to be the offseason that Simmons dedicates time to doing that. That fact that he hasn't shown an interest in it since he arrived is pretty alarming, but maybe this series loss was the wake-up call.

Embiid - Stay healthy, get in shape...That's it.

Harris...Meh, I personally wouldn't give him anything close to a max contract. Would rather hold onto that money and go after someone better first (Kawhi, Thompson, etc...). If he does come back, it really isn't the worst thing in the world, he is a good player. Needs to focus on defense this offseason.

Butler... If he wants to come back, I'd be all for it. We all saw how important he is to the team. He said he isn't about money, so maybe he would settle for less than the max. In my opinion, he is a must sign. Even if we somehow signed Kawhi or Thompson, he would still fit.

Redick - Would love to have him back on the cheap and as a bench player. If the Sixers don't add anyone to the team and just opt to re-sign Butler and Harris, then I would like to see Smith start at the 2.

Bolden, Smith (if not starting), Milton, Scott - They need to play important roles on the bench this year.

Backup Center and Point Guard - This is almost as important as re-signing Butler IMO. Boban and Monroe need to go. TJ is not the guy either. Need to sure this up in the offseason.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
If they can keep Butler, Reddick and Harris, find one more guy to add to the starting rotation to let Reddick come off the bench and bring in an upgrade at backup center, then, as long as Embiid can stay relatively healthy, there is no reason why thisd team can't challenge for the title the next couple of years.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Woj Bomb just dropped.

Per Josh Harris Brett Brown will be back next year which is the absolute right call by the organization. The tweet also said that Brown, Brand, and Harris met today to already start formulating a plan for the off-season.

Great news. Fans blaming this on Brett Brown have their heads up their assess. This series was lost for one simple reason, Embiid was nowhere near 100% for most of the series. That's it. They have a healthy Embiid from the get-go, and the Sixers win this thing in 6.

Reactions: Carter Hart

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Hopefully Brett learns to use embiid in the paint during the final 2 mins of a close game instead of having him out on the perimeter. Or really have any kind of gameplan in the final minutes because it sure as hell looked like they had none on Sunday. Par the course really in the Brown era.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Always digging at all of the other teams except for the hand that feeds...
It would be impractical to wear a fur coat indoors, and since the Phillies play in summer, it's also anti-fur coat weather.

It's all very logical, if there were more sports that supported comfortable fur coat wearing environments, Eskin wouldn't be as big of a douchebag.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
It would be impractical to wear a fur coat indoors, and since the Phillies play in summer, it's also anti-fur coat weather.

It's all very logical, if there were more sports that supported comfortable fur coat wearing environments, Eskin wouldn't be as big of a *****ebag.
Incorrect, Eskin will always be a huge douchebag no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad