OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are searching for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Simmons absolutely has to learn and get confidence in shooting this offseason ...maybe FO does what it can to get Magic to come in and work with him in some capacity

Jojo..just needs to be healthy and maybe care a lil less about public image and social media and work on being just..healthy

if for some reason Butler and Harris walk i would like to see Kemba in here and maybe Middleton...

and FFS learn to use Jo better down low next season

also get a way better bench

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I wonder how cheap we could get redick. It’d be nice to get that cap hit down and have him come off the bench

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
lets say that harris and butler do leave and we are stuck with the young players, do you trust brett brown to develop them? because that's the reason why golden state and sa won so many championships, these coaches didnt need talent from other teams, they relied on the draft and develop those players, brett brown cant, if he can i'll admit im wrong but right now i dont see it.

Reactions: Philly Phish

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...hia-76ers-enter-offseason-critical-crossroads

It’s early in that process. Leonard’s shot just fell through the net. But one Western Conference executive brought up a name that could be a Simmons trade target: LeBron James.

“I think they very well might explore that,” said a rival executive of Philadelphia.

James doesn’t have a no-trade clause, but he shares the same Klutch Sports agent with Ben Simmons in Rich Paul. James has two seasons left on his deal before he can become a free agent. After a disastrous offseason in which their president of basketball operations abruptly resigned and they struck out on their top two head coaching targets in Monty Williams and Tyronn Lue, do the Los Angeles Lakers honestly believe they can put together a championship contender in the next two seasons?

If the answer is no, trading James has to be on the table. And if you’re going to do that, there’s a short list of players that would be worthy of being traded for the King. Simmons is certainly good enough to be on it.

Lollllll. Yeah, ok.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
lets say that harris and butler do leave and we are stuck with the young players, do you trust brett brown to develop them? because that's the reason why golden state and sa won so many championships, these coaches didnt need talent from other teams, they relied on the draft and develop those players, brett brown cant, if he can i'll admit im wrong but right now i dont see it.

this team will have some issues if both of them walk..all those assets given up for nada

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Harris messes with the team, I'll organize the boycott.
For one thing, why would you sign with a team with an unstable owner?

All this team needs is to keep the band together, and have the kids grow up, Smith, Bolden and Milton, along with Ennis and Scott if they can bring them back, would be a heckuva bench next year. Start Smith, bring Reddick off the bench, rotate Bolden in at PF and backup C.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’ll say it,

Last night’s loss is the opening to their Championship DVD that’s coming during the next two seasons.

That kind of loss changes a team.

There may be something to this. My mind immediately goes to the 2010 Bruins. Epic collapse vs us, come back the next year and win it all.

2007 Phils suffered a pretty devastating loss to the Rockies in the 1st round too. I still say Holliday was out!

Reactions: BiggE

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
If Harris messes with the team, I'll organize the boycott.
For one thing, why would you sign with a team with an unstable owner?

All this team needs is to keep the band together, and have the kids grow up, Smith, Bolden and Milton, along with Ennis and Scott if they can bring them back, would be a heckuva bench next year. Start Smith, bring Reddick off the bench, rotate Bolden in at PF and backup C.

butler and harris are fas, they dont have to take the max, they can go whatever they want, brand can offer the contracts but they can decline them.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
All this team needs is to keep the band together, and have the kids grow up,
I don't see another option
we're pot-committed & about to dole out warriors-level luxury-tax payments for a team that doesn’t fit well together but might down the line, who knows

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bolden and Smith are the keys, Bolden is the athletic stretch 4/5 you need these days, and Smith is the uber-athletic guard who is willing to play defense and matchup against top PGs and athletic 2 guards.

If Fultz had been the players as advertised before the draft, Sixers probably win the championship this year.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Bolden and Smith are the keys, Bolden is the athletic stretch 4/5 you need these days, and Smith is the uber-athletic guard who is willing to play defense and matchup against top PGs and athletic 2 guards.

If Fultz had been the players as advertised before the draft, Sixers probably win the championship this year.

if brett knew how to develop players, we probably would have a championship last year.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Looking at Smith's college production again he's definitely a guy to be excited about. Super athletic stat stuffer who was young compared to other freshmen. I like his chances.

Players under contract next year:

Embiid
Simmons
Smith
Bolden
Jonathan Simmons

Ennis has a player option. (So does Butler but that is 1000% getting declined)
Jon Simmons will 100% be waived ($1M of dead money). Ennis will decline as well, no downside for him in doing so.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I have read some people question if Butler who turns 30 this year fits their age core of Simmons/Embiid.

But honestly. Does anyone really expect an allstar level Embiid in his 30s? I think Embiid could wind up like Bill Walton.

Embiid is the franchise and you gotta go with guys who can win now.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Jonathan Simmons just as useless as Fultz....gawd what a massive waste of a prime asset. Definitely if Fultz played to his potential before he turned wacky ....we would be finals material.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I have read some people question if Butler who turns 30 this year fits their age core of Simmons/Embiid.

But honestly. Does anyone really expect an allstar level Embiid in his 30s? I think Embiid could wind up like Bill Walton.

Embiid is the franchise and you gotta go with guys who can win now.
Yeah IMO the next 3 years are the window. Years 4 and 5 on a Butler contract are scary and will probably hurt, but the next few years have to be maximized.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think the Sixers window is more than 3 years. If Embiid gets serious about conditioning and taking care of himself I don’t see why he can’t be a dominant player into his 30s. Simmons is only 22, 3 years from now he could just be hitting his prime. Walton had structural issues with his feet (high arches) that made him susceptible to foot problems. Haven’t heard anything like that about Embiid, plus shoe technology is a lot better today than when Walton played.

With Embiid just turning 25 and Simmons being 22, the Sixers could easily have a 5+ year window. Obviously they have to be smart with personnel decisions since the days of high draft picks are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad