OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
@Jtown
I said Oct 2017 that Brown's Achilles heel was ignoring the PnR considering his personnel,
Apr 2018 in the midst of the winning streak I said he would get exposed if didnt use it. He got exposed.
Otherwise we'd have been in the Finals last year.

Finally he's learning.
We hung 130 on a team that's been #1 on D most of the year in their building with 2/5's of our starters playing well below average
As long as we incorporate the most basic playset in basketball there's not a team in the league that beats us in less than 6 hard fought games.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
4 stars with Tobi...
I dont think fans understand what theyre watching sometimes.
Your core is 2 raw young big men in the golden age of point guards.
Yet they dominate all but the elite teams in the infancy of their careers.
All while being handicapped not being allowed to use the most basic weapon (which fits their skillsets perfectly) in the game.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Landry Shamet is killing it. Now not saying I still don’t do the trade because I do consider Tobi to be an All-Star but man, kid shoots a lights out 3 pt shot. If he improved his defense....

Reactions: JXC and Ruck Over

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Landry Shamet is killing it. Now not saying I still don’t do the trade because I do consider Tobi to be an All-Star but man, kid shoots a lights out 3 pt shot. If he improved his defense....
I loved Shamet.....hated losing him. He just needs to add some weight.....his defense will come. He is going to be a good player for them for years to come. It is not just because he is talented...but bc he has a good head on his shoulders.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Im surprised Shamet shoots as well as he does. To me, I saw the same problem with his shot as Dario...thought it was so flat

Reactions: JXC

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Amir is starting tonight.

Hoping it's one of those "we will start him but play him a total of 8 mins" kind of night. Boban, while slow, is better in every other category (ok NOT 3p lol)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What happened to Bolden?

One reason I think they were willing to trade Shamet was they really like Milton and traded up for him at the end of the 2nd rd.
Given they also have Smith, they probably thought Shamet was expendable for a top NBA player who could help them win now while two other young guards developed.
Milton was playing well in the G-league before his injury and probably would have gotten more NBA time in any cse.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Here’s a fun fact, both Jimmy Butler (for the Sixers) and Tobias Harris (for the Clips) scored game winning buckets the last time they played against the Hornets. So we got that going for us.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What happened to Bolden?

One reason I think they were willing to trade Shamet was they really like Milton and traded up for him at the end of the 2nd rd.
Given they also have Smith, they probably thought Shamet was expendable for a top NBA player who could help them win now while two other young guards developed.
Milton was playing well in the G-league before his injury and probably would have gotten more NBA time in any cse.

Bolden’s just not ready for playoff Minutes yet. NBA defenses are complicated, so it’s not surprising that he misses rotations so often, but that combined with his penchant for not boxing out has him on the Holmes-style short leash. I’d bet they go small in the playoffs again unless matchups dictate that Boban can play.

I think they’re making a contract play on Milton. He’s better than Korkmaz already, but they want him playing and they probably have the same readiness worries as with Bolden. Might as well wait to put him on an NBA deal.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Even if Shamet was shooting the lights out you'd still trade him for Tobias.
A top 30 player for 2 picks and rookie is a no-brainer.

What's great is we got him + bench upgrades off of the haul of one draft.
And still kept what I feel is the most valuable piece from that draft in Zhaire.

Plus now you can let TJ walk with no remorse with Shake and Zhaire taking his place

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Just realized the Sixer bench is so bad they swap in TJ for defense....defense

Lamb with the tank commander special there at the end. He was traded for James Harden...

Reactions: Ruck Over

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
They have no chance against Boston in a 7 game series. They own Embiid, they own Simmons, they're in the entire team's head. They're too deep, versatile, and they know they own us. It's not a knock on Brown but Stevens is just a way smarter coach, we're seemingly always trying to counter what they do. Root hard for the Sixers to secure that 3rd seed, because it would be humiliating and potentially franchise altering getting bounced by them in the first round. End debbie downer post.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
They have no chance against Boston in a 7 game series. They own Embiid, they own Simmons, they're in the entire team's head. They're too deep, versatile, and they know they own us. It's not a knock on Brown but Stevens is just a way smarter coach, we're seemingly always trying to counter what they do. Root hard for the Sixers to secure that 3rd seed, because it would be humiliating and potentially franchise altering getting bounced by them in the first round. End debbie downer post.
I liked this but I didnt mean to. I think we beat these guys tonight and in a series.
Boston doesnt look more dangerous to me than Mil or Tor.

I hope we get them at some point in the playoffs so we can finally put this BS to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad