OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I liked this but I didnt mean to. I think we beat these guys tonight and in a series.
Boston doesnt look more dangerous to me than Mil or Tor.

I hope we get them at some point in the playoffs so we can finally put this BS to rest.
The best predictor of the future is recent history, they haven't inspired any confidence that they could deal with the C's. Maybe a win tonight could really help their psyche.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think history tells you nothing about this team, basically the only players with "history" are Embiid, Simmons, TJ and Reddick [Amir hardly plays] - and Embiid and Simmons are works in progress. Everyone else is a "newbie."

Reactions: Ruck Over

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The best predictor of the future is recent history, they haven't inspired any confidence that they could deal with the C's. Maybe a win tonight could really help their psyche.

Tonight should be a better indicator of what to expect in the playoffs than past history. The last time they played Butler was new and Harris was still a Clipper. Butler in particular has been looking good recently and is probably the best perimeter player (at both ends) that the Sixers have had during Brown's tenure. The game is in Philly, Boston isn't great on the road... I certainly feel a lot better about their chances tonight than say, last season in the playoffs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I also think the Sixers will be significantly improved a month from now, though I don't think they're ready for a long run yet.
Resign Butler, Harris, Boban, Ellis and Scott, develop Melvin, Smith and Bolden.
This teams needs depth, and for Smith to start and Reddick to come off the bench (spare his legs and avoid bad defensive matchups).

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yup lookin all too familiar....I do think the Celtics are in the Sixers heads...big time. When the Sixers let guards like Irving get going early, it is a bad sign and typically makes for a long night.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
They just can’t defend them. The Celtics are too athletic. They are almost always a step behind. Also doesn’t help they literally have nobody that can defend horford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad