OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Kurucs talked the talk after game 2 then got buried. Comes out when its over and tries to play goon

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Our defense goes to **** with Boban. He can't play next series.
Meh. Not much of a difference with Bolden or Monroe. Bolden is better with smaller bigs but struggles against tall bigger ones. Monroe just shitty alltogether. Boban is the best option to spell Embiid for a handful of minutes at this time. He atleast makes up for some of his slowness with his ability offensively. I actually thought overall Boban hasn’t looked bad playing the 13 mins or so a night. A few issues but that is our bench in general.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
2nd round is when the playoffs start. I don't have much hope against the Raptors but hopefully the Sixers put up a good fight.

As for the Nets it is impressive where they have got to after Billy King's awful reign, nobody would have blamed them if they literally folded the franchise a few years ago.

Sixers are playing more cohesive so they should give them a decent run but we don't have the reserves to get us over the top vs Toronto....

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
A few absolute GEMS after a fluke game 1 loss. :help::laugh:
Yall couldnt even wait until Kawhi swats us back to Earth to start it up.
I get not liking the attitude/demeanor of a player but if you dont know anything about how the game is played why talk out of ignorance?
I don’t think Embiid plays another game this series.

Nothing special from Ben Simmons. Almost cringe worthy game from him.

Who thinks we win this series?

Have you ever watched ben simmons play basketball before?

i barely watch games but when i do im not impressws by simmons.
what does he provide thats so great?

he looks he should be the power forwars grabbing rebounds and passing to guys with scoring ability.
just asking

how the heck is he the number 1 overall pick? he should be pick 20, players in the top 10 should be talented and won championships.

simmons jumped the shark for me when he spent all lost summer in the den of harlots in La.

amping up his stds instead of his skill level.
they betyer sign butler.
id trade simmons for a real guard

Simmons is arrogant and soft. I'm not saying I want him gone, but I don't like his personality even a little bit.

Much like fultz. Simmons is never going to be a winner in the league

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruck Over

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
A few absolute GEMS after a fluke game 1 loss. :help::laugh:
Yall couldnt even wait until Kawhi swats us back to Earth to start it up.
I get not liking the attitude/demeanor of a player but if you dont know anything how the game is played why talk out of ignorance?

You're obviously not a fan.
You live to tell people they were wrong.
Hope you have a nice week

Reactions: trigzter and Jtown

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
well that was just goddamn wonderful.

hopefully this isn't the last time i'll be able to say that about something related to the sixers during these playoffs but it probably will be.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Ooofa…..TNT brass not kind to the Sixers and Ben as far as the prospect of beating Toronto. Cited Ben's turnovers and Barkley said Leonard had Simmons afraid to dribble. Well...gotta hope Simmons takes this as the ultimate challenge now.....he has to play angry because Leonard sure as hell ain't gonna be passive. Sucks....I almost would have preferred Boston in the 2nd round TBH. Milwaukee would be most preferred of course. Gonna be a war....have a feeling Embiid is going to have to carry the team and if they get past Toronto...he will be spent. We are gonna need Jimmy and Tobi big time...

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Yeah, Embiid is going to have to abuse Gasol, Jimmy is going to have to step up as a play maker, and Tobias is going to have to make things happen with the ball as well. I think Leonard is the best two way player in the league, and might be the best perimeter defender of all time, so it's going to be hard on Simmons to say the least.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
You're obviously not a fan.
You live to tell people they were wrong.
Hope you have a nice week
Nah. I get schooled on this forum more often than not...
Its just somewhat annoying when guys who watch 2 Sixer games a year come in with polished off Stephen A Smith/Colin Cowherd/Cris Carter/early morning WIP type takes and clog up threads without doing any research on the game theyre watching.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Ooofa…..TNT brass not kind to the Sixers and Ben as far as the prospect of beating Toronto. Cited Ben's turnovers and Barkley said Leonard had Simmons afraid to dribble. Well...gotta hope Simmons takes this as the ultimate challenge now.....he has to play angry because Leonard sure as hell ain't gonna be passive. Sucks....I almost would have preferred Boston in the 2nd round TBH. Milwaukee would be most preferred of course. Gonna be a war....have a feeling Embiid is going to have to carry the team and if they get past Toronto...he will be spent. We are gonna need Jimmy and Tobi big time...

Can’t really blame them, Toronto is probably the toughest matchup for the Sixers in the East. It’s probably a given that Kawhi will go off at least a couple games in the series. Siakam is a heckuva player, Gasol will be a problem, and their bench is much better... like you say, Butler and Harris will have to bring their A games, along with Simmons, Embiid and JJ. Pretty much need the team to play their best to have any chance.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Yeah, Embiid is going to have to abuse Gasol, Jimmy is going to have to step up as a play maker, and Tobias is going to have to make things happen with the ball as well. I think Leonard is the best two way player in the league, and might be the best perimeter defender of all time, so it's going to be hard on Simmons to say the least.
Kawhi aint better than Pippen but youre dead on about everything else.

If Jo plays out of his mind and Jimmy/Simmons both stay aggressive we'll have a better than good chance.
I liked how they went away from Redick unless he was hot in this series. That's gonna be key as well.
Dont fall into the trap o thinking he's a guy who can carry you on volume. Live and die with the Big 4.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
That was dumb sexy. I've never been so entertained watching a boring game. No pressure game watching with the wife, it was a blast.

As the game went on, the amount of straight shade Ala was throwing all over the Nets, it was vitriolic awesomeness. And the death of a thousand cuts the sarcasm and witticisms Zoo was dishing out, one could tell Zoo had those saved in the memory bank from all those years of watching bad Sixers basketball and getting blown out the other way.

Am I being serious? I was disappointed that the Sixers only won by 22 points. Any time the lead went below 31, there was angst. I didn't need the lead to expand past 34, but going under 31 meant the Nets "won" the second half. The Nets shouldn't have won anything, total annihilation.

I enjoyed the fans doing the Naa Naa chant. Most associated with Montreal in my mind, a spectator could tell a lot of those fans in attendance weren't used to a winning product. It's an easy chant, but it was performed poorly. Sixers fans, get your game together.
Kudos on the, "We want Dudley" chants. Nice feels.

The fracas at the end of the game, ejection of 4 players. Well that happened, it was a thing. I wanted Bolden to stay on the floor and get more time/experience, but I respect the big dog attitude in him. I'm unsure if Butler is going to stay, and could see Mike Scott move on for a payday somewhere else. Greg Monroe is just a guy for right now, so yeah, I don't want Embiid or Simmons (Ben) doing that, so go ahead Bolden, sew those wild oats.

This was a near perfect game. It's possible, make it happen again.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Gasol will be a problem

Agreed on all of the other stuff -- they're clear dogs.

I have to say that while Gasol is a better player, I was more scared of JV lineups against this team than I am ones with Gasol. Much better roll man and more likely to try to bully these backup bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad