OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So what does Brown do if Leonard makes Ben look bad? Which he has. Do the Sixers now maybe take the ball out of his hands and do the PF thing (get him involved that way) or do we hope he has it all figured out for this next round where it really counts? I hope for the latter but really concerned about the former. This is prime time now for Ben...take that next step to superstar status....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
You're not.

About this Portland game, on defense Westbrook was covering Kanter, and Portalnd wsan't able to pound the rock inside. That says something right there, not favorable to Kanter/Portalnd.

I don’t think Kanter has much of a low post game. Excellent offensive rebounder though,

And holy effing crap. Lillard wins it with a dagger. Wowsa.

Reactions: trostol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So what does Brown do if Leonard makes Ben look bad? Which he has. Do the Sixers now maybe take the ball out of his hands and do the PF thing (get him involved that way) or do we hope he has it all figured out for this next round where it really counts? I hope for the latter but really concerned about the former. This is prime time now for Ben...take that next step to superstar status....

It will be interesting to see who they have Kawhi guarding. If I was Toronto I’m not sure I would put him on Simmons. In the 4th quarter, if the game is close, I’d definitely put him Jimmy. He can basically guard anyone 1-4 and potentially take them out of the game.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
A few absolute GEMS after a fluke game 1 loss. :help::laugh:
Yall couldnt even wait until Kawhi swats us back to Earth to start it up.
I get not liking the attitude/demeanor of a player but if you dont know anything about how the game is played why talk out of ignorance?

whenever they win a championship, make that statement not after that beat a lously team in the first round, because if they get embarrassed by raptors in the second round, you are made yourself look foolish.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
whenever they win a championship, make that statement not after that beat a lously team in the first round, because if they get embarrassed by raptors in the second round, you are made yourself look foolish.
disagree, the context is being contorted in your statement. Those comments were for a round 1 event. To return to this in any subsequent round would be taking it out of context. Those comments referenced to be derided are all within context of the first round. Apples :: Oranges.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I'm not a Westbrook fan either, but he's a very pesky on ball defender. To go for 26 on 25 possessions with an eFG over 100% when matched up with Westbrook and a legit DPOY caliber guy in Paul George is absolutely absurd.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
That really was an ill-advised shot by Lillard, but no risk no reward.
Game was tied, the likely worse that happens is the game goes to OT. It wasn't feasible that the Thunder would secure a miss and nail a hail mary full court shot, worse percentage than Dame's dagger.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Don't think I've seen it?
ewEDJTX.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Lol, you're not wrong.

I have a friend who is a bandwagon OKC fan and chirps all the time about it. Was saying this year that they're a great draw and had a clear path to the finals by dodging GS until then. Beginning of the season said they could beat them because their reserves we're D heavy. Chirped me after the nets beat the sixers....just really annoying.

So there's a little something extra in this for me lol

Reactions: BigToe

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
That really was an ill-advised shot by Lillard, but no risk no reward.
PG one of the better defenders in the world. Lillard one of the better scorers.
If youre Stotts in a tie game at home you live with your franchise player getting to a comfortable spot and raising up with a good look at the rim.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
In addition to what's already been posted regarding the wisdom of Lillard taking that shot, he had already hit the same shot earlier and the guy was absolutely in the zone. If he's on my team he can take that shot in that situation every time.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So when does the schedule for the next round come out? Since the East is set, they don't have to wait for the West to finish do they?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
PG one of the better defenders in the world. Lillard one of the better scorers.
If youre Stotts in a tie game at home you live with your franchise player getting to a comfortable spot and raising up with a good look at the rim.

That's fair.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
:laugh::laugh: I love it. Yall hate being wrong more than you enjoy the team succeeding.
A fluke game 1 loss and ppl, who admit they dont watch games, take shots at our franchise players.
These are all time bad takes, 10x worse than any of the stuff about Nolan Patrick, Couturier, Ghost that regularly gets spewed out here, and then when the team wins and those players show out you wanna get mad?
Newsflash: our young players are good. They have a lot of growing to do but thats whats exciting.

Why would the Sixers be embarrassed about losing to the Raps, we just arrived on the scene?
The core of TOR has been struggling to break thru for 6 years, this is their last best chance.

When Kawhi Leonard (age 27, 92 career PO games) was winning the Finals MVP in 2014, Ben Simmons (age 22, 15 PO games) was a junior in high school.
When Marc Gasol (34, 64 PO games) was the best player on a Western Conference finalist in 2013, Joel Embiid (25, 12 PO games) had been playing organized basketball for 3 years.
Tobias Harris is 26 but has played a whopping 9 PO games in the NBA.

Raps also have Lowry (33, 67 PO games), Danny Green (31, 105 PO games), Ibaka (29, 114 PO games)
...hell even Siakam (25, 17 PO games) has more experience than our guys.

Different timelines. The fact we enter this series with a 30-70 shot to win in our 2nd year of contention indicates that we're well ahead of schedule. I wish the Flyers would make me feel so "foolish" :laugh:

Ive had casual fans up in arms in this thread for 3 years simply saying that, imo, Joel Embiid + Ben Simmons are a duo with elite potential and that they should be viewed as such.

...yet thats controversial somehow.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
:laugh::laugh: I love it. Yall hate being wrong more than you enjoy the team succeeding.
A fluke game 1 loss and ppl, who admit they dont watch games, take shots at our franchise players.
These are all time bad takes, 10x worse than any of the stuff about Nolan Patrick, Couturier, Ghost that regularly gets spewed out here, and then when the team wins and those players show out you wanna get mad?
Newsflash: our young players are good. They have a lot of growing to do but thats whats exciting.

Why would the Sixers be embarrassed about losing to the Raps, we just arrived on the scene?
The core of TOR has been struggling to break thru for 6 years, this is their last best chance.

When Kawhi Leonard (age 27, 92 career PO games) was winning the Finals MVP in 2014, Ben Simmons (age 22, 15 PO games) was a junior in high school.
When Marc Gasol (34, 64 PO games) was the best player on a Western Conference finalist in 2013, Joel Embiid (25, 12 PO games) had been playing organized basketball for 3 years.
Tobias Harris is 26 but has played a whopping 9 PO games in the NBA.

Raps also have Lowry (33, 67 PO games), Danny Green (31, 105 PO games), Ibaka (29, 114 PO games)
...hell even Siakam (25, 17 PO games) has more experience than our guys.

Different timelines. The fact we enter this series with a 30-70 shot to win in our 2nd year of contention indicates that we're well ahead of schedule. I wish the Flyers would make me feel so "foolish" :laugh:

Ive had casual fans up in arms in this thread for 3 years simply saying that, imo, Joel Embiid + Ben Simmons are a duo with elite potential and that they should be viewed as such.

...yet thats controversial somehow.

so you are happy that this is just a playoff team and nothing more? we lose to raptors, you want no changes to win it all?

Reactions: Jtown

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
so you are happy that this is just a playoff team and nothing more? we lose to raptors, you want no changes to win it all?
That's not nearly close to what he said. But speaking for myself, I am happy that this is a playoff team, and it appears a regularly advancing 2nd round playoff team at that. Last year wasn't a fluke, that's good. Moving forward? Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad