OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Agreed on all of the other stuff -- they're clear dogs.

I have to say that while Gasol is a better player, I was more scared of JV lineups against this team than I am ones with Gasol. Much better roll man and more likely to try to bully these backup bigs.

He’s better all around I think but Gasol’s ability to stretch the floor worries me.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Agreed on all of the other stuff -- they're clear dogs.

I have to say that while Gasol is a better player, I was more scared of JV lineups against this team than I am ones with Gasol. Much better roll man and more likely to try to bully these backup bigs.
Gasol's passing esp out of the high post, is what worries me most about his game.
Horford slaughtered us in recent years finding cutters and open shooters while bringing Jo out to the edge of the paint.
Gasol is better than him in almost every facet so Jo, who's normally all the help you need, is going to have to get help from Tobi and Simmons down low to offset that.

Kendall Marshall was pretty damn bad
KJ McDaniels! I was dead wrong on him coming out and was pissed he got traded.
I was bearish on the MCW deal at first too :ha:
see @magnumpi Im wrong all the time.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Gasol's passing esp out of the high post, is what worries me most about his game.
Horford slaughtered us in recent years finding cutters and open shooters while bringing Jo out to the edge of the paint.
Gasol is better than him in almost every facet so Jo, who's normally all the help you need, is going to have to get help from Tobi and Simmons down low to offset that.

I was mad about KJ too......I trusted Hinkie on MCW though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A few absolute GEMS after a fluke game 1 loss. :help::laugh:
Yall couldnt even wait until Kawhi swats us back to Earth to start it up.
I get not liking the attitude/demeanor of a player but if you dont know anything about how the game is played why talk out of ignorance?

Didn't know it was a hot take to think that Embiid might not play another game considering he looked completely labored in game one, but ok... Congrats on being right.

Reactions: magnumpi

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Recently had this debate: Who was the worst Process Sixer? My vote is 15-16 TJ or Byron Mullens.

The guys who sucked because they were supposed to suck didn’t bother me. I think the guy who bothered me most was Isaiah Canaan. He wasn’t supposed to be as terrible as he was.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Nah. I get schooled on this forum more often than not...
Its just somewhat annoying when guys who watch 2 Sixer games a year come in with polished off Stephen A Smith/Colin Cowherd/Cris Carter/early morning WIP type takes and clog up threads without doing any research on the game theyre watching.

Ok no need to pound your chest.
This is sports. I dknt view this as life and death. If I make a bad post it doesn't affect me. J have other concerns in life.

I vent and make irrational statements sometimes. I'm not going to apologize or change.
At the same time I dont keep dossiers on what other people have said in the last. I do not care.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Didn't know it was a hot take to think that Embiid might not play another game considering he looked completely labored in game one, but ok... Congrats on being right.

Some people think being right on a sports message board is an achievement.
I'm not here to win debating awards. I watch sports for enjoyment or frustration.
I know if the Sixers or the flyers or whoever won a championship some people would be more concerned about settling I told you so vendettas than actually enjoying the victory.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Some people think being right on a sports message board is an achievement.
I'm not here to win debating awards. I watch sports for enjoyment or frustration.
I know if the Sixers or the flyers or whoever won a championship some people would be more concerned about settling I told you so vendettas than actually enjoying the victory.

Still not sure why I was being lumped into that and being told not to talk out of ignorance...

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Sixers assistant coaches seem to be in demand these days.

Well, I mean, isn't it obvious?

Brett Brown can't coach. Brett Brown loses every game for the Sixers, and the Players win every game. Well, I guess a caveat needs to be added, that the assistant coaches help the players win games too. The Brett Brown coaching tree isn't a thing, because Brett belongs to Pop's tree, but is not the coach Pop is, and the coaches that Brett has overseen will not surpass Pop anytime soon, so those coaches can't be good, even though they're better than Brett, because Brett isn't good, and any success any coach may be credited with actually goes to the Players, whom are good in spite of the bad coaching they get, which is the only reason the Sixers lose games, because these are talented players, and would win every game if they weren't receiving bad instructions from Brett, it's a good thing the assistant coaches don't listen to Brett to coach the players poorly like he does because they don't respect him because the players don't respect Brett because Brett lost the locker room... ugh, I gotta save my mojo for the mock draft. I'll pick this up later. If you got this far, thanks for reading.

I find it weird that NBA coaches can interview for jobs in the midst of the playoffs. I want what's best for the Sixers, but if he can get a job, go get it, after the playoffs.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Kawhi aint better than Pippen but youre dead on about everything else.

If Jo plays out of his mind and Jimmy/Simmons both stay aggressive we'll have a better than good chance.
I liked how they went away from Redick unless he was hot in this series. That's gonna be key as well.
Dont fall into the trap o thinking he's a guy who can carry you on volume. Live and die with the Big 4.
I'll give you Pippen, but that's pretty much it.

Recently had this debate: Who was the worst Process Sixer? My vote is 15-16 TJ or Byron Mullens.
It's Darius Johnson-Odom. He owns an ominous NBA record that you want hear of anywhere but from me. Of players with zero career points, he had the most attempts at the hoop, that poor soul missed all 13 shots: Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

But on the other hand guys like Davies, DJO, Casper Ware, etc. wouldn't have gotten a chance anywhere but the Sixers. Of players who actually had 1st round pedigree, Wroten and Okafor were two of the worst players I've ever seen in my life.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Brown wasn’t happy that MCW was traded either was he? Or am I remembering that wrong.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Brown wasn’t happy that MCW was traded either was he? Or am I remembering that wrong.
Yeah he felt the rug was pulled out from under him....Hinkie although he drafted him at least sold high and saw that the dude wasn't going to ever develop a consistent shot. He is now relegated to trying to make teams on 10 day contracts...

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
You're not.

About this Portland game, on defense Westbrook was covering Kanter, and Portalnd wsan't able to pound the rock inside. That says something right there, not favorable to Kanter/Portalnd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->