OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Looks like Shamet having a bit of a tough time against the Warriors. To be expected...rookie growing pains. Still wished we kept him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Looks like Shamet having a bit of a tough time against the Warriors. To be expected...rookie growing pains. Still wished we kept him.

I like Shamet, but I think Milton has a similar skill set, maybe less talented offensively but more upside defensively due to length.
But they need Smith to be healthy next year, he's the only one on the roster with the athleticism to shut down top scoring point guards.

If I were Brand, I'd be drafting great athletes who are willing to play defense and try to teach them to shoot "3s," I think what will stop the Sixers this year is lack of defensive stoppers off the bench.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
the difference in TO's per game between us and the Warriors is all of .5 tho....half a turn per game.
Teams that whip the ball around give it up a lot.

The real issue is we spam Jo isos out of the post late in games.
Postups are the easiest plays to defend and Jo's not the best ballhandler so we often have egregious type turns late.

I think the real issue is a combination of inexperience (Jo Jo has about 2 complete seasons under his belt, same with Simmons) and integrating half a roster in a month.
They need to keep this group together next year, then gradually move in new players so the core is comfortable working together and rookies and free agents can be worked in on the margin.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I'd have the torches and pitchforks ready for Sam Presti if I was an OKC fan.
Draft 3 MVPs back to back to back only to be left with the least impactful one.

About to go out in the first round with the 2nd highest payroll in the league

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
For the life of me...I don't know why Brand thought Boban was a better option than somebody like Enes Kanter who can at least clutch a ball and rebound....

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'd have the torches and pitchforks ready for Sam Presti if I was an OKC fan.
Draft 3 MVPs back to back to back only to be left with the least impactful one.

About to go out in the first round with the 2nd highest payroll in the league
In an alternate universe they're led by Harden and Durant, that could have been a championship duo. What's interesting to me is they weren't willing to go into the tax to extend Harden, but they've been a tax paying team 4 out of the last 5 years. Recent History Of NBA Taxpaying Teams

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
In an alternate universe they're led by Harden and Durant, that could have been a championship duo. What's interesting to me is they weren't willing to go into the tax to extend Harden, but they've been a tax paying team 4 out of the last 5 years. Recent History Of NBA Taxpaying Teams
They tried to get cute about fit. Harden=handles +shoots, Westbrook=handles + shoots. Cant keep both of 'em.
Lets trade one for pennies and try to develop Ibaka instead of just keeping them all

Same thing latecomer Sixer fans try to do with Embiid+Simmons. High impact guys make the fit argument moot.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
5BC0897F-011B-4821-A167-4C4460D53757.png

Lol.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
For the life of me...I don't know why Brand thought Boban was a better option than somebody like Enes Kanter who can at least clutch a ball and rebound....
Still not sold on Kanter.
He's always been halal chicken in the PnR but the Thunder's most common ballhandlers are Schroder and Westbrook who despite being productive and skilled are both really inefficient PnR ballhandlers.

Thunder have the talent to exploit the mismatch but not the skillset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad