OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Did some research. Was wondering how many players have had superstar level impact while NOT being either a primary facilitator nor defensive anchor. Everyone knows Barkley is one of the most unique players ever, but this further demonstrates his game: Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com . He's on that list 5 times. Dr. J and Karl Malone had one such season each, the rest anchored a defense.

Edit: I don't know who Bob Lanier was, I was thinking it was a different Pistons center, Bill Laimbeer.

I remember Bob Lanier. He was a really good player who was famous for, among other things, having huge feet.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-tolerance-rules-abusive-hateful-fan-behavior

"
"We've added any sexist language or LGBTQ language, any denigrating language in that way, anything that is non-basketball-related," said Jerome Pickett, the NBA's executive vice president and chief security officer. "So 'your mother' comments, talking about your family, talking about test scores, anything non-basketball-related, we've added that in as well as being something that we will go and pull a fan out of the seat and investigate what happened.""

Gritty better not go to a Sixers game when the Flyers are on the road.

8d515b43b526441d87412c163cd041d6_xl.jpg

Do that at an NBA game and get thrown out lol. Seems like a pretty wide net. Obviously racism, slurs, vulgarity were already and should be zero tolerance

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-tolerance-rules-abusive-hateful-fan-behavior

"
"We've added any sexist language or LGBTQ language, any denigrating language in that way, anything that is non-basketball-related," said Jerome Pickett, the NBA's executive vice president and chief security officer. "So 'your mother' comments, talking about your family, talking about test scores, anything non-basketball-related, we've added that in as well as being something that we will go and pull a fan out of the seat and investigate what happened.""

Gritty better not go to a Sixers game when the Flyers are on the road.

View attachment 267215

Do that at an NBA game and get thrown out lol. Seems like a pretty wide net. Obviously racism, slurs, vulgarity were already and should be zero tolerance
Honestly my guy who cares

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Honestly my guy who cares
I kinda do care if the NBA uses this to stop criticism of players for the China situation. Call LeBron a puppet and get thrown out.

Seems like players and people have much thinner skin than when I grew up.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

I know it's preseason and an SSS on top of it, but it's still pretty damn impressive that the Stocks went up.

He really is a very unique player. Interesting gambit by Elton/Brett.

Obviously a high floor and polished defense @ 22 but if he develops any kind of NBA level floor game on offense youre looking at a top 50 player potentially.

He looks much bigger thanI expected against NBA talent. Like physically the length doesnt surprise me but the bulk and physicality he brings already against NBA comp is a nice surprise.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Obviously a high floor and polished defense @ 22 but if he develops any kind of NBA level floor game on offense youre looking at a top 50 player potentially.

He looks much bigger thanI expected against NBA talent. Like physically the length doesnt surprise me but the bulk and physicality he brings already against NBA comp is a nice surprise.

He looks like he will be better all-around than RoCo. I mean, he can actually dribble a basketball.

Reactions: sa cyred

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not sure if mentioned, but Toronto Raptors are reportedly giving away 20,000 replica championship rings to the fans tonight.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Yeah, he's already answered a major question of mine. He looks like he can hold up physically in Man against NBA athletes. It's not that I was convinced he couldn't, just that his mediocre Rebounding combined with previous lack of production when Washington played Man made me want to see it before saying it would come.

You can see he's already made adjustments in small things like the sloppiness of his closeouts from the start of Summer League to now.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Don’t think I agree with the order of that top 5

Rockets were overrated going into last season too.
They can score but D'Antoni still cant coach defense.

Nuggets should be top 3 imo. Theyre my pick for top seed in the West.

Bucks are just as good as the Sixers. Theyre my pick for top seed in the East.
I trust Giannis' individual development curve more than I trust Jo/Simmons collective one.

People just want to believe in the Jazz so badly, but theyre a 2nd round exit at best.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So I kind of have a nagging feeling that the Sixers offense will be out of sync initially....not sure how many games but hopefully nothing too long Typically this has been the case with Brown whenever we get new players in the rotation. Hoping I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad