OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
kyle-korver-of-the-philadelphia-76ers-poses-for-a-portrait-during-nba-picture-id51469781

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That’s the best option I see left. I’m happy with that.

He’s TJ, but less awful.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The Sixers needed to upgrade their back up PG spot and they ended up downgrading it. TJ is better and you already knew he was a fit in the system and a respected guy in the locker room. If they were going to sign a free agent, even at this point, it should have been TJ or Trey Burke. Neto has barely played both in terms of games played and mins per game over the last three seasons. His shooting percentage is even worse than TJ's. I hate this move.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
RIP TJ. Godspeed. Bring on Shake. Trey Burke and Neto are both garbage.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The Sixers needed to upgrade their back up PG spot and they ended up downgrading it. TJ is better and you already knew he was a fit in the system and a respected guy in the locker room. If they were going to sign a free agent, even at this point, it should have been TJ or Trey Burke. Neto has barely played both in terms of games played and mins per game over the last three seasons. His shooting percentage is even worse than TJ's. I hate this move.
This is not "neato" to you ..

Need some splainen from Brand...

I don't know much about this guy.

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
This is not "neeto" to you ..

Need some splainen from Brand...

I don't know much about this guy.
Did some research. Pretty much everyone who covers the Sixers is calling Neto an upgrade to TJ. A couple of them had him listed as one of the top options to sign as the back up PG over the last couple of days. His splits are also very good.

I guess I just don't know enough about the guy and am missing something. Looking at the games played, minutes, and raw numbers over the last three reasons he doesn't look very good. He did have a really good rookie season though. We'll see.

Getting Korver would make me not give a single uck about this and overall the bench is better than it was when the season ended.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Out of all the FA bruhahha...Charlotte had to be the biggest loser. If they didn't want to pay Kemba the max...why wouldn't you have tried to trade him the past two seasons. Holmgrenesque asset management...

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That’s the best option I see left. I’m happy with that.

He’s TJ, but less awful.

If Neto has to play in real game situations, it means a couple guys ahead of him are injured or flopped.
And that's a bigger problem than whether Neto can play.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Neto is going to be pretty much a non-entity .....would rather have El Chacho. Where is that dude these days?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Wonder if Leonard will reconsider going out to LA......the land of earthquakes and fires. Yesterday, they got a reminder out there of the perils. Like I said. ..screw all the glamour and glitz ...place has too many natural disasters.

Bon appetite LeBron and co.

Reactions: Ruck Over

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Zhaire is everywhere on defense so far.

You can really see where Thybulle defensively needs to adjust outside of Zone. He can’t afford to be sloppy/off-balance on close outs anymore.

*Edit* It’s also obvious Thybulle’s defensive instincts and foot speed are translating. Someone got in his head to force issues on offense. Great sign that he’s trying already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad