OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Kinda counterintuitive but despite our size on the frontcourt ALL Sixer lineups are gonna have to emphasize aggressiveness in transition.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
That sounds like a nice way of saying that they're not going to shoot very well.
Yea but at the same time you have to generate volume as well.
Run outs generate more possessions which means more shots which means more chances at getting points.
Bucks did this last year to the tune of 60 wins.

Reactions: Jack Straw

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
why does every coach in phila got to have hak and gabe traits not actual coaches that know how to coach?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@Lotusflower I’ve been ball-watching too much, but it feels like there hasn’t been much off the ball going toward the basket, especially relative to previous Brown offenses.

Is Boston just sagging off and taking those hard cuts away for the most part or does it feel like they’re calling less to you?

Reactions: Lotusflower

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Jo was the 3rd best big on the court that half. Unacceptable. He has to be better.

The Torches and Pitchfork Index is already up there for Tobi.
He was terrible in preseason and looks bad early too.
He's not a guy that I want looking to drive and finish at the rim. Thats not his game.
Catch and shoot J's and midrange stuff off screens is what I want from him.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Brown needs to figure out how to get these guys in sync offensively asap.....and yeah Tobi needs to step it up now that his excuse with Butler is not part of the equation. We look good on paper but lots of gelling to do...

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
@Lotusflower I’ve been ball-watching too much, but it feels like there hasn’t been much off the ball going toward the basket, especially relative to previous Brown offenses.

Is Boston just sagging off and taking those hard cuts away for the most part or does it feel like they’re calling less to you?
Jo is a stepslow in his decision making all over court. He is the fulcrum of the offense and rightfully so.
I like what Boston has done bringing the double early and keeping Kemba far away from the hoop so his man cant rotate with impunity to help Jo.

Sixers have had some nice cuts in this game already (Mike Scott had 1, Simmons had another) but a lot of this is on Jo.
He has to take a breath, set his feet and just make good decisions.
He plays post offense like its 2k when he's overhtinking things.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad