OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Phew.

Yes. It's a great time to try to get into them if basketball or the team hasn't been your favorite.

The Eastern conference looks like it's having a collective down year as well.

I've never been this excited for a season. I was too young to be truly amped for AI and co

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
To me it really looks like a two team race in the East for a Finals appearance between the Bucks and Sixers, slight edge to the Bucks. In the west the Clippers look great and Golden State still has their original championship core.

I'm confident in ~55 regular season wins for the Sixers, how Richardson plays with the ball in his hands is the key to me for the playoffs.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yes. It's a great time to try to get into them if basketball or the team hasn't been your favorite.

The Eastern conference looks like it's having a collective down year as well.

The Sixers were my team, insofar as I had one, in the 80s because of Dr. J and Mo Cheeks and Andrew Toney. But every time I try to watch the NBA now, my eyes bleed from all of the bricks. I mean it is just one after another after another. And the ****ing white people have to go, seriously.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
To me it really looks like a two team race in the East for a Finals appearance between the Bucks and Sixers, slight edge to the Bucks. In the west the Clippers look great and Golden State still has their original championship core.

I'm confident in ~55 regular season wins for the Sixers, how Richardson plays with the ball in his hands is the key to me for the playoffs.

I wouldn't be too quick to rule out the Celtics. I do think Stevens is a very good coach and with Irving gone his job may get a bit easier. They'll miss Horford but they still have plenty of talent. Sixers should be the favorite though.

I'm actually in Philly and will be going to the game tonight. Pretty psyched about it.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I wouldn't be too quick to rule out the Celtics. I do think Stevens is a very good coach and with Irving gone his job may get a bit easier. They'll miss Horford but they still have plenty of talent. Sixers should be the favorite though.

I'm actually in Philly and will be going to the game tonight. Pretty psyched about it.
Celtics are such a meh team to me. Sixers should throttle them in a 7 game series. Walker is a major downgrade from Irving, and like you said they're really going to miss Horford.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Celtics are such a meh team to me. Sixers should throttle them in a 7 game series. Walker is a major downgrade from Irving, and like you said they're really going to miss Horford.

Walker is a downgrade but also less of a distraction. It may be an “addition by subtraction” kind of thing. Agree that the Sixers should handle them in the playoffs, if you-know-who stays healthy.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
So the Sixers are going to be really good, aren't they?
Best team in the city.
Was saying that earlier when the Eagles/Phillies were at the peak of their respective hype.

Still not my favorite to win the title though.:(

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Watch some auburn highlights if they have them on youtube. It defies all logic
Did some research. Was wondering how many players have had superstar level impact while NOT being either a primary facilitator nor defensive anchor. Everyone knows Barkley is one of the most unique players ever, but this further demonstrates his game: Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com . He's on that list 5 times. Dr. J and Karl Malone had one such season each, the rest anchored a defense.

Edit: I don't know who Bob Lanier was, I was thinking it was a different Pistons center, Bill Laimbeer.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Edit: I don't know who Bob Lanier was, I was thinking it was a different Pistons center, Bill Laimbeer.

Lanier was the 1970 1OA. Very good Rebounder (and on putbacks), but not a rim protector. Even for his time period, was considered to win with smarts rather than physical gifts. Excellent range and could run/handle the ball very well for a big of his era. Probably most famous for his hook shot with a lower release than the Kareem style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad