Ted Lindsay: Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, and Sidney Crosby

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Of course it matters! This is another thing that Crosby fans can use to artificially pump up his tires when they debate here on HF Boards. Do you really think Daver won't mention how many times Crosby has been nominated for the Lindsay and just happen to leave out the fact that he didn't deserve all his nominations?!

You do know that if Crosby plays 40 or 50 more games at key times in his career he likely 2 or 3 more Art Rosses and Lindsays right? And is likely viewed as the #5 player all-time.

He has had some incredibly bad luck and timing with injuries, he is deserving of good luck or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dessloch

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
You do know that if Crosby plays 40 or 50 more games at key times in his career he likely 2 or 3 more Art Rosses and Lindsays right? And is likely viewed as the #5 player all-time.

He has had some incredibly bad luck and timing with injuries, he is deserving of good luck or whatever you want to call it.

Dont forget the 2-3 more Harts he also lost out.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Pretty surprised by Crosby, though there's lots of names that could be here, so it's possible the vote was pretty diluted. I wonder how much the divisional play might have skewed things. If a lot of East players ended up voting for him (because he stood out in the division and they don't like Marchand), it could have pushed him higher than he might have in a normal season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm pretty sure a lot of the players actually like Marchand, so

Brad Marchand, unsurprisingly, voted dirtiest in NHL by fellow players

Yeah.......sure, he's right up there with Tom Wilson. I'll take their word for it:

“Marchand can do some shady [expletive]," said a Pacific Division player, according to The Athletic.

“It’s disgusting what the league lets Marchand get away with. He’s got no respect for anybody. Makes me sick," a Central Division player said.

Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson clocked in slightly behind Marchand at 24 percent while Calgary Flames forward Matthew Tkachuk was voted third dirtiest at 11 percent.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Please, get mad. Absolutely delicious.

Hilarious how quickly the narrative shifts from the actual players being best suited for choosing who has been the best in any given year, to giving “reputation” votes.

Fifth best player of all time and still among the absolute best, baby.

Does it? I think Hart is widely considered more prestigious award.

Reactions: Voight

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Seems like a reputation vote for Crosby, combined with there being no clear cut #3 option. Not really deserved but whatever, not like third place is particularly important no matter who it is.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Crosby adding to his Howe-like length of elite prime.
You don't need to go so far back. Gretzky won an Art at the same age as Sid.

Anyway, this is a bit of a stretch. Marchand for sure deserves it more, and I have always thought Lindsay is an overrated trophy compared to the Hart. McDavid will win for sure though, so things are in order.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
You don't need to go so far back. Gretzky won an Art at the same age as Sid.

Anyway, this is a bit of a stretch. Marchand for sure deserves it more, and I have always thought Lindsay is an overrated trophy compared to the Hart. McDavid will win for sure though, so things are in order.
Crosby will nominated for the hart also. Which will be 6 of the last 9 years. Without injuries he has 4 harts and 11 hart nominations right now.

Reactions: Dominance

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Don't they do this after they actually give out the awards?
I always wished they'd release the total votes each player received. Especially this year, since McDavid winning the Hart unanimously seems possible, would be interesting to see how his Lindsay results compare to how many Hart votes he gets.

Reactions: jetsforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad