Ted Lindsay: Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, and Sidney Crosby

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Massive Injury issues? You mean Malkin being out?

The Penguins bubble here, which represents quality of man games lost, is the biggest in hockey this year, outside of maybe Dallas and Buffalo. The Penguins won their division despite having the largest quality of man games lost in the NHL.

This past season was probably not great to get the players opinions anyways because they didn't play each team and were in bubbles. Who said I'm just going to NHL.com anyways? You don't think MacKinnon is a better hockey player right now just from watching?

So basically you're saying they're ignorant? Pretty arrogant claim to make that you're somehow more qualified to make the decisions

Yup, Draisaitl, Marchand, and MacKinnon. So how does Crosby get the nod here again? You say who cares only because you're happy with it.

No, I'm saying "who cares" because finishing a distant 3rd place doesn't matter beyond fans bitching and moaning about it.

What's the difference between finishing 3rd place and 4th place for the Lindsay? You don't get mentioned as a finalist if you're 4th place. That's literally it. I'm saying who cares because it's literally meaningless outside of Crosby fanboys or Crosby haters.

From what I remember Lidstrom had the highest Qualcomp in the league that season so maybe you should go deeper than "basic stats". Vishnovsky wasn't even a regular penalty killer on his team whille Lidstrom was. What's worse, being a -2 and being tasked as a shutdown guy at 5 on 5 or being a big point producer like Sid, not kill any penalties, and only being a +8?

What's worse, one of those guys winning a major trophy or one of those guys coming in a distant 3rd place for one of those trophies?

Also I like how you're only quantifying being a "shutdown guy" as being a PKer. Do you really think Crosby wasn't used against the best of the best competition literally all season?

....uh, okay? How does that disprove what I said?

Lidstrom's 2011 was absolutely a legacy win.

Reactions: sanscosm

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If we're going by "the players' opinions" then apparently Datsyuk was better than peak Crosby.

Which I am going to now push because it's a result I like.

Datysuk was a Lindsay/Pearson finalist once, which was in 2009 when he had his best season. That's literally it. Crosby has won 3 Lindsays while being a finalist 3 other times.

But yes, you're webarchive poll from 2012, which says that Lucic was harder to play against than Crosby, totally counts for more than that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oh I'm sorry, I guess the Lindsay poll must be totally more scientific or whatever than this other actual NHLPA poll

Spoken like someone who doesn't know what the Lindsay is. You are aware that the Lindsay is voted on by the NHLPA as well, right?

But yes, your 1 webarchive poll from like 2012 counts for more than the 6-1 advantage Crosby has in Lindsay/Pearson finalists, or the 3-0 advantage Crosby has in Lindsay/Pearson wins.

NHL Ted Lindsay Award Winners

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Kucherov won the Lindsay the same season he did this, so

That was a dick move, thanks for the reminder. That reminds me to have zero respect for Kucherov. I hope someone takes out Kucherov. Go Corey Perry Kucherov with the knee or something to the head.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Given that it's highly likely than an Oiler wins this award for the fourth time in five years, if we don't make some real strides forward in being a successful playoff team (herein meaning winning 2 rounds next year)... some heads have gotta roll, man.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Spoken like someone who doesn't know what the Lindsay is. You are aware that the Lindsay is voted on by the NHLPA as well, right?

YDoNjFU.gif

But yes, your 1 webarchive poll from like 2012 counts for more than the 6-1 advantage Crosby has in Lindsay/Pearson finalists, or the 3-0 advantage Crosby has in Lindsay/Pearson wins.

Whoa

It's almost like

Nobody would've been baffled at Crosby being a Lindsay winner/finalist in 2007

Or 2009

Or 2013

Or 2014

Or 2017

It's almost like it's this particular year that people are confused about.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh I'm sorry, I guess the Lindsay poll must be totally more scientific or whatever than this other actual NHLPA poll

Why are you so bothered that Crosby's going to finish a distant 3rd in Lindsay voting? McDavid's running away with this thing, so a player getting a handful more votes to finish 3rd than the guys who finish 4th, 5th and 6th seems like you're getting worked up over literally nothing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why are you so bothered that Crosby's going to finish a distant 3rd in Lindsay voting? McDavid's running away with this thing, so a player getting a handful more votes to finish 3rd than the guys who finish 4th, 5th and 6th seems like you're getting worked up over literally nothing.

Because Crosby haters are mad that Crosby fanboys are going to have more ammo to argue for Crosby.

That's literally it. You have people literally saying that in this thread. The difference between 3rd and 4th literally does not matter, but people are mad because it's something else good for Crosby.

YDoNjFU.gif

Whoa

It's almost like

Nobody would've been baffled at Crosby being a Lindsay winner/finalist in 2007

Or 2009

Or 2013

Or 2014

Or 2017

It's almost like it's this particular year that people are confused about.

You're moving the goalposts at light speed:

If we're going by "the players' opinions" then apparently Datsyuk was better than peak Crosby.

Which I am going to now push because it's a result I like.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI

Kind of funny how it's only the Crosby stans in this thread that keep trying to bait other posters into arguing about McDavid

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kind of funny how it's only the Crosby stans in this thread that keep trying to bait other posters into arguing about McDavid

Nice job completely deflecting from his question.

Literally why does it matter? McDavid is going to win this in a landslide. What difference does it make if Crosby is 3rd, 5th or 7th in Lindsay voting? We already have an answer because people have already said the quiet part out loud: they're pissed that Crosby fans get extra ammo to argue for Crosby. So just own up to it instead of posting stupid shit or deflecting?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Not sure how great Crosby looked after the '09 finals either. Maybe they both wouldn't have been nominated. Sid finally comes up against a team from the West that can actually play great defense and he's reduced to 3 points in 6.5 games. Big difference from playing the Flyers, Caps and Canes, eh? Compare those defense corps with who Datsyuk faced. Some guys names Pronger and Niedermayer, then Keith/Seabrook before he got hurt. I know you'll probably never admit it but the West being stronger than the East was a thing back then. Maybe that's why Bettman felt so compelled to mess with the Finals schedule. Just sayin'.

??? 15 goals and 31 points to 1 goal and 9 points?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Who is baiting? I'm asking why it bothers you so much that Crosby finished 3rd in voting. He didn't win it. He's not adding to his trophy case. So why does it matter if he finished 3rd instead of 4th or 5th or 6th?

You're not going to have a very fun next couple of weeks, if this is the case, since he's probably got a Hart finalist nomination coming up. And you're going to flip your lid when he finishes top 6 or whatever in the Selke voting as well.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who is baiting? I'm asking why it bothers you so much that Crosby finished 3rd in voting. He didn't win it. He's not adding to his trophy case. So why does it matter if he finished 3rd instead of 4th or 5th or 6th?

You're not going to have a very fun next couple of weeks, if this is the case, since he's probably got a Hart finalist nomination coming up. And you're going to flip your lid when he finishes top 6 or whatever in the Selke voting as well.

Tbh I'd be shocked if Crosby wasn't a Selke finalist, and I have this hunch that he's going to win the Selke this year. It will be entirely undeserved and it's indefensible to give it to him this year when his 2019-2020 was substantially stronger (he had a legitimate argument with his defensive metrics last year, but absolutely not this year), but it's just a hunch I have.

I already likened Crosby winning the Selke this year to Lidstrom winning the Norris in 2011, and I just have a hunch that's going to end up happening.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tbh I'd be shocked if Crosby wasn't a Selke finalist, and I have this hunch that he's going to win the Selke this year. It will be entirely undeserved and it's indefensible to give it to him this year when his 2019-2020 was substantially stronger (he had a legitimate argument with his defensive metrics last year, but absolutely not this year), but it's just a hunch I have.

I already likened Crosby winning the Selke this year to Lidstrom winning the Norris in 2011, and I just have a hunch that's going to end up happening.

I could maybe see a top 3 finish at best, but I don't see nearly enough talk from the "hockey writers" about him being their guy for me to think he'll actually win it.

Usually, if a guy is going to win the Selke, and he's a bit of a surprise, you'll see the more prominent hockey talking heads mentioning his name every single time they get a chance during Selke discussions. I haven't seen that this year.

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
??? 15 goals and 31 points to 1 goal and 9 points?

You and I both know Datsyuk was only healthy for 13 games, then played on one leg for the final 3. Crosby played 23.5 games healthy.

Sid’s pace in the Finals would only been 6 points in 13 games as well.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
You and I both know Datsyuk was only healthy for 13 games, then played on one leg for the final 3. Crosby played 23.5 games healthy.

You’re trying too hard, just stop it. There’s literally not a single rational soul that thinks Datsyuk was better than Crosby at their best.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

So you are bitching about Crosby's 3rd place in Lindsay voting for the regular season but then not even acknowledging Crosby's 14 goals and 28 points in 17 games prior to the 2009 SCF???

To the original point, congrats to Datyusk for having ONE regular season that rivalled one of Crosby's 10 best seasons.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
With McDavid and Matthews the most outstanding player between them was the guy who made the North Division their competition.

Crosby should win this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad