TV: Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
"There's something so sad about a suitcase... It's like a drawer without a home". :laugh:

Last edited:

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
My predictions for the finale

-At the end of the last episode, Ted put in his one game notice. Nate takes over head coaching going forward.
-Ted goes back to the US and takes a job on the KC Chiefs coaching staff and reunites with Michelle after she discovers that evil counselor guy deceived her. (possibly with some help from Dr Sharon
- Richmond wins the whole f***ing thing
- Roy sets up Jamie Tartt (dah dah dah dah dah dah) with this sister
- The guy from Amsterdam comes to the final Richmond match and him and Rebecca become a thing
-Roy proposes to Keeley
-Sam makes the Team Nigeria world cup team in a flash forward
-Bumbercatch wins a political office in Switzerland
- Jamie Tartt's Dad tells him that he loves him
-Beard becomes the first human on Mars

What about Zava to return from retirement to help Richmond win title?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I would love for Ollie to make an appearance in the finale
1685028318176.png

maybe he can drive Ted back to the airport on his way back to 'Murica!

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
My predictions for the finale

-At the end of the last episode, Ted put in his one game notice. Nate takes over head coaching going forward.
-Ted goes back to the US and takes a job on the KC Chiefs coaching staff and reunites with Michelle after she discovers that evil counselor guy deceived her. (possibly with some help from Dr Sharon
- Richmond wins the whole f***ing thing
- Roy sets up Jamie Tartt (dah dah dah dah dah dah) with this sister
- The guy from Amsterdam comes to the final Richmond match and him and Rebecca become a thing
-Roy proposes to Keeley
-Sam makes the Team Nigeria world cup team in a flash forward
-Bumbercatch wins a political office in Switzerland
- Jamie Tartt's Dad tells him that he loves him
-Beard becomes the first human on Mars

Some good ones, and a lot I agree with. Here are a few predictions for me:

- Jack returns from Argentina. Makes a serious play for Keeley. She's all like "it wasn't my fault they pulled the funding. and we never broke up, I just had to travel for work". And does some big time gesture (with a ton of $$ involved) to try and buy her love back....but Keeley eventually chooses Roy. Maybe a proposal as you suggest.

- Ted goes back to the US - Michelle broke up with therapist. And we see her kiss him...leaving it open for interpretation. Are they getting back together? Just happy to see him? Viewer's guess.

I don't think we see Ted land an actual job in the US. They will leave the door open for a season 4. So, possibly Ted and his wife/son could move together to UK to continue story for example. Giving him a coaching job in the US in a time jump feels unecessary - we know he's a good coach, and can/will land a job if he stays in US.

- I'm split over Roy vs Nate being head coach for Richmond. I could see it go either/way. My gut says Roy gets it - and Nate decides to find a coaching job elsewhere, but leaves on good terms this time.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
2nd chance was obviously the main theme of the latest episode and it was so well executed; the show is well written, everything is organic and earned.

Coach Beard's backstory...I didn't expect that.

That cameo was cool too

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Ted returning to the USA has to be the most obvious conclusion to the show. I'd say they go a different way just to have a surprise, but it doesn't make any sense, especially given his mom's comment about his son.

In the last episode with Michelle, the one where Henry and herself visit, it definitely gave the vibe there's some future to them as the couple. Finishing each other's jokes, the standoff-ish vibe from the Doctor at the end of the episode, the final stare. I'd assume they have some sort of happily ever after, too.

Roy and Jamie are such amazing characters. Jamie's arc from S1-S3 has been incredible. Will really miss this show.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What about Zava to return from retirement to help Richmond win title?

Not sure if we should still be using spoiler tags 1 week after the last episode, but here goes about Zava...

Zava returning would be very anticlimactic. That is assuming this is even a serious suggestion, because it just feels so wrong for many reasons.

1. He was never one of the original characters/players we've grown to care for. He'd be stealing some of the "feel good" of the others' moment.
2. He abandonned the team right before a huge match without a word. Not overly sympathetic
3. He is overpowered. He is "too good" at football/soccer. This works better with Richmond as a perennial underdog.
4. They don't need him to win. 16 game win streak? It would be silly to bring him back.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Ted returning to the USA has to be the most obvious conclusion to the show. I'd say they go a different way just to have a surprise, but it doesn't make any sense, especially given his mom's comment about his son.

In the last episode with Michelle, the one where Henry and herself visit, it definitely gave the vibe there's some future to them as the couple. Finishing each other's jokes, the standoff-ish vibe from the Doctor at the end of the episode, the final stare. I'd assume they have some sort of happily ever after, too.

Roy and Jamie are such amazing characters. Jamie's arc from S1-S3 has been incredible. Will really miss this show.
agreed on all points

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not gonna lie, a lot of tears were shed in this one. Jamie and his Dad really hit me. And choosing to play Father and Son as the ending song was just the perfect fit as well. God damn.

Just so good, I think they did every single characters ending the right way.

I think they left the door pretty wide open to either do a spinoff or a season 4, although a season 4 of "Ted Lasso" without Ted in it would maybe be silly but honestly I think it'd be fine. They could just as easily do a spinoff titled "Richmond" or something like that however. Felt like they left some not so subtle hints about that being the plan as well tbh... From Trent's book title being changed from "The Lasso Way" to "The Richmond Way" with Teds note saying also saying its not about him. Rebecca ending up not selling the entire team but only 49%, Beard staying with the club, Roy being named Manager as well...

I do think the cast is strong enough and the plotlines already exist well enough to keep it going without Ted. Focus on the up and downs of Roy as new manager, the introduction of an AFC Richmond Womens team, Rebecca "becoming a mom", etc. etc.

But at the same time, it also really ended in a fantastic spot and as sad as it would be to not get anymore of any of these characters, if that was the end, they knocked it out of the park.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
What an amazing show. I loved the finale.

I also love that they spent so much time and focus on the actual game in the last episode. As much as we wanted to see what hapepns to the characters and storylines, the central theme is a Football team, so it was great to see so much time centered around the final game of the season, instead of rushing through it.

The flight attendant calling Ted a "f***ing arsehole" was absolutely hilarious too. Probably first time in his life anyone calls him that

Definitely left it wide open for a season 4/spinoff if they decide to come back.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
S3 had some really sloppy and disjointed moments, but that was a really great finale. Thought they stuck the landing. And I hope that's it for it. Stories end. This one has.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
There is a bonus "episode" up called Richmond til we die

1685552062295.png

It's only 6 mins but awesome

I almost forgot the return of Liam and Noel!
1685555316513.png

Last edited:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Man I thought Star Wars fans were bad. You want unhinged, check out the TedBecca fans on Twitter. Yeesh.

Absolutely loved the episode though. Stuck the landing pretty much perfectly. Probably need to watch it a couple more times to really soak it all in.

Favorite things:
Obviously the team pulling out pieces of the sign.
Nate absolutely devastated about what he did.
Jamie and his father.
Roy getting therapy.
Roy joining the Diamond Dogs.
Jamie's decoy acting.
Ted's last motivational speech.

Least favorite things:
Thought the Jamie and Roy fight was contrived and only there to let Keely have her "I'm choosing me" moment. Could have been done better.
That the show is over. /sadface

Last edited:
Reactions: Lt Dan and Vaheh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad