TV: Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Binge-watched the last four episodes on Sunday.

I've complained about the ludicrousness of the premise of this series before. I think we all know there are huge holes in reality when it comes to Ted Lasso. However, I've also said that the humanity of the program ultimately overrides the ludicrousness.

It's the humanity of Ted Lasso that I love and that I will remember it for. Not just Ted, but all of the characters — even the abusive fan in the stands who ultimately came around to congratulating Jamie. It was Roy's press conference, where he talked about the teammate that beat him up but when asked years later, the teammate said you don't really know a person's past. That was the closest I've come to tears while watching Ted Lasso. I'm starting to think the most emotional moments for me during this series were when tough guy Roy Kent reveals his soft side. I've been an a-hole who's folded like a cheap suit when people have cut through my defenses so I can maybe identify with that a little. That's the humanity I'm talking about and that's what makes this series exceptional. It's the humanity, buoyed by the humour, that I will remember Ted Lasso for.

See you guys.

Screenshot (1505).png

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
that Sound of Music bit was so ****ing cringe i had to fast forward it. It was a pretty solid final few episodes overall though. The middle section of s3 was way below par the rest of the series, but they salvaged it I suppose. If I had started the show 3 years ago and not a few months ago, with much more emotional/time investment, I'd be happy enough if this was the ending

Reactions: Lt Dan and Vaheh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad