TV: Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Season 1 was the best 1st season of a comedy series I can remember. How they took a character from from a few relatively minor tv commercials 10 years ago and came up with this is truly amazing. The trailer (as well as the first season trailer) shows a lot of game highlights, but for non soccer/sports fans the show itself mostly focuses on off the field and locker room (on field results are usually off camera or very short). i.e. this is not a show that shows every play of a match. Its mostly involved in the growth and arcs of the characters (main and minor characters).

Season 2 spoilers (based on the trailer)

Looks like the team focus will be on a FA cup run. Which will give them a chance to play some of the big boys and also get Jamie Tart involved again. Also interested to see where Roy is this season since i thought his character arc was great in season 1

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
I watched the entire season and came to enjoy but man did I go in thinking it would be waaaay different than what it was. I thought it would be more Eastbound and Down (but not quite as crude). So there was a bit of an initial disappointment as I was looking for show that was a bit edgier, I did enjoy it but I definitely don't rate it as highly as many.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I finished season 1 a few days ago. It's a nice feel-good show but it didn't quite live up to all the hype I'd heard about it from the past 9 months or so.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I just finished it as well, a couple of months ago. And really, I was happy to see that it wasn't another show with gross jokes and crude humor. Really a breath of fresh air with a lot of heart..

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Watched this show without really knowing what it was, but it had pretty much universal positive reviews from the sources I follow. I took a gap year after my second year of uni, got a UK work visa and a live in bartender job in London, so it was fun to see that they placed the team in the same area that I lived and worked in. It was even more fun to see the pub I lived/worked in in the background of an early shot in episode 2, but I was more than a little surprised when it became a recurring set any time they had a pub scene for the rest of the season. So the darts scene, the suggestion box scene, curse scene, etc, and any time they show the pub fans during a game they are in the good old Princes Head pub on the at 28 the green Richmond. I think they change the name to the Crown and Anchor or something in the show, but man was it ever surreal to see.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
With all of the heavy **** going on these days, it's refreshing to have a fun, breezy show with likable characters and a positive message. I thought the Ted Lasso character might become stale or one-note, but they have kept him fresh thus far and I love rooting for him. On top of that, the show is just plain funny. Nearly everything out of Roy's mouth makes me chuckle.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
This show is just so damn good. I was upset when I turned on AppleTV to find out that episodes are released weekly - i wanted to binge Season 2 this weekend

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I loved S1, but I feel like the 1st ep of the new season was not quite as good. Maybe they were trying a bit too hard to jam so many Lasso-isms in there. The picture was also oddly darker than last season.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
They shot the season in late winter/early Spring.

That shouldn't account for the picture being darker though. They would still light the set all the same. It seemed like it had a filter on it or color corrected it darker.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Still great
Roy Kent speaking his mind on Sky Sports was amazing

I also like the new Dutch guy lol

They are taking risks and I like it, Jamie Tart being back on the team despite the players' objection and a more harmonious locker room ?
Can't wait for episode 3

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Still great
Roy Kent speaking his mind on Sky Sports was amazing

I also like the new Dutch guy lol

They are taking risks and I like it, Jamie Tart being back on the team despite the players' objection and a more harmonious locker room ?
Can't wait for episode 3

If Roy Keane had no filter. By the way, episode 2 aired on Wednesday or Thursday already.

Reactions: Power Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad