Friedman: Teams interested in Trocheck

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Portzline is no better then a CBJ board poster. Literally go ask anyone who he is connected with its.nobody even when he was the beat writter he was alwaya beat to the story or wrong about it 2hile others got the real story. Your using something commonly referred to as fake news.
Message board posters tend to be homers. When the homer tells you a trade is one-sided, it’s not a good trade for the other side. He also had a quote from a NHL GM or scout that called the trade bad for the panthers. But once again, unless CBJ is offering someone similar to Brodin, there is no trade to be made

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
AVs need a 3C and a 2nd round pick they don't have this year. Zadorov + Jost both need a change and FL would work.

Trocheck
2020 - 2nd

for

Zadorov
Jost

Trocheck fits the AVs with age, contract and style of play for a 3C. Pick adds another player to their Farm system they traded away earlier this year. Zadorov is a good skater that provides size, youth and toughness. Jost is good defensively, but offence never developed; lacks size and above average skater. AVs players need a different opportunity and FL could be an ideal location.

Zadorov is of interest but not at Trocheck's expense.
I'd offer up some futures for Z but probably not appealing for COL.
Jost is nowhere near filling the hole Trocheck would leave.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If Tro is moved for a Dman, it’s going to happen in the off-season, unless a center is coming back. That is why a Staal/Brodin for Trocheck package makes so much sense for the Panthers.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Message board posters tend to be homers. When the homer tells you a trade is one-sided, it’s not a good trade for the other side. He also had a quote from a NHL GM or scout that called the trade bad for the panthers. But once again, unless CBJ is offering someone similar to Brodin, there is no trade to be made

CBJ can't beat Brodin in a one-for-one, and I understand why a package would appear to be less value, so you're probably right there's no deal (emphasis here).

But I think the Jackets would be ready to make an offer if the Wild deal didn't happen. That said, I'd think it would have to start with Gavrikov (maybe Andrew Peeke if you wanted a younger player) - it'd still be a package, because Jones and Werenski aren't being dealt, and there's no sense speculating what the other pieces might be at this point, seeing as I'd guess the reply would be "that's still not better than other offers."

Reactions: klabob

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
CBJ can't beat Brodin in a one-for-one, and I understand why a package would appear to be less value, so you're probably right there's no deal (emphasis here).

But I think the Jackets would be ready to make an offer if the Wild deal didn't happen. That said, I'd think it would have to start with Gavrikov (maybe Andrew Peeke if you wanted a younger player) - it'd still be a package, because Jones and Werenski aren't being dealt, and there's no sense speculating what the other pieces might be at this point, seeing as I'd guess the reply would be "that's still not better than other offers."
you are pretty much spot on. The Panthers don't have to move trocheck. They are exploring it because they desperately need a defensive upgrade but the trade still needs to make sense, ex quality for quality. If a deal with the Wild doesn't happen, I would assume that Trocheck doesn't go anywhere unless another team shows up dangling a similarly talented player with term. Understandably, CBJ doesn't want to trade their Brodin level defenseman so as you agree, the two teams don't make good trading partners.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
AVs need a 3C and a 2nd round pick they don't have this year. Zadorov + Jost both need a change and FL would work.
Trocheck+ 2020 - 2nd
for
Zadorov+ Jost
Trocheck fits the AVs with age, contract and style of play for a 3C. Pick adds another player to their Farm system they traded away earlier this year. Zadorov is a good skater that provides size, youth and toughness. Jost is good defensively, but offence never developed; lacks size and above average skater. AVs players need a different opportunity and FL could be an ideal location.
So a borderline AHL/4th line center and a third pairing dman who is struggling defensively for Trocheck and a pick? lmao You'll have to pay closer to what you gave for Kadri than what you'd give for Andrew Shaw.

Otherwise, I counter with Stralman+Toninato for Kadri+3rd // Stralman is a known playoffs performer. Toninato is good defensively with a developping offense.; good size and decent skater with adequate faceoff abilities and would be your second best faceoff guy, which is very important come playoffs time.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Understandably, CBJ doesn't want to trade their Brodin level defenseman so as you agree, the two teams don't make good trading partners.
I think the issue is that Jones and Werenski are quite a lot more valuable than Brodin, I just don't think that CBJ has someone in that same range of value. Gavrikov isn't a bad piece per se. I just fear he's elevated by the CBJ's great defense system and that he couldn't elevate the Panthers defense like Brodin would be able to do.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I think the issue is that Jones and Werenski are quite a lot more valuable than Brodin, I just don't think that CBJ has someone in that same range of value. Gavrikov isn't a bad piece per se. I just fear he's elevated by the CBJ's great defense system and that he couldn't elevate the Panthers defense like Brodin would be able to do.
completely agree which is why there isn't a deal to be made between the two teams

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Gavrikov has been a staple for Russia in internationals for years. He's more likely contributing that elevated by CBJ defensive system.

This is not to say he's at Brodin's level. But he fits the profile of what FLA is looking for as far as a stopper defensive d-man. A package could be built with him at the core that wouldn't be embarrassing for Jackets fans to propose.

Like I said above, Jackets would just hang out and if something doesn't happen in a 1-for-1 for Trochek, Jarmo I think would at least want to have a chat. It's also understood if, as Beez says above, Panthers opt not to move him.

Reactions: Dumais

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
im also not suggesting nuti like you said he did I suggest savard who is in Brodins catagory of defense.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Brodin has more value now and long term over Savard.
Love the physical side to Savard and he blocks a ton of shots but with 3 years difference in age and the less risk in a long term (5-7 year deal x $6.5 to 7 million) would be easier to side with the Swede on this one.
Brodin's giveaway numbers for his amount of DZ starts is remarkable, Panthers need another D like him to calm things down when we get running around like a cat chasing a laser.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
im also not suggesting nuti like you said he did I suggest savard who is in Brodins catagory of defense.
brodijo93
savarda90

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Like I said above, Jackets would just hang out and if something doesn't happen in a 1-for-1 for Trochek, Jarmo I think would at least want to have a chat. It's also understood if, as Beez says above, Panthers opt not to move him.

Because it is as it is, Trocheck should be the option. If we loose him cause Yandle and Matheson cant play D, the culture in the Team will change drastical.
And our GM said, he only checks the Market. When you followed our GM, then you would know. Checking the Market means, give me the Top Offer otherwise i dont move a finger.

Unsure at all why teams would go after Trocheck and what are they await to get or see.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
So a borderline AHL/4th line center and a third pairing dman who is struggling defensively for Trocheck and a pick? lmao You'll have to pay closer to what you gave for Kadri than what you'd give for Andrew Shaw.

Otherwise, I counter with Stralman+Toninato for Kadri+3rd // Stralman is a known playoffs performer. Toninato is good defensively with a developping offense.; good size and decent skater with adequate faceoff abilities and would be your second best faceoff guy, which is very important come playoffs time.

Trochek has been struggling since last season and will be used as a 3rd line player. Doubtful you can get a better return elsewhere.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No offense but Stepan is a giant piece of turd at this point. You can have Yandle back for Hammer.
I don't want Yandle's contract back for Hammer. It's bad enough that everyone else in the deal is short-term except Yandle.
I don't know if Stepan is a turd, but he's very comfortable here. I'd like to shake up the lockerroom.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I don't want Yandle's contract back for Hammer. It's bad enough that everyone else in the deal is short-term except Yandle.
I don't know if Stepan is a turd, but he's very comfortable here. I'd like to shake up the lockerroom.

True Yandle has three years left while Hammer has only one. We would have to sweeten the deal. But you're also missing a PP qb of his quality why I think he could be interesting for you guys.

Stepan heading for a second straight 35 point season while making 6.5 million... that's a huge cap dump for any team even if they would want him, which they don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad