Speculation: Teams calling the Jets about Trouba

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Somebody in Boston must have leaked that to Haggerty.

You don't need to "leak" anything about Trouba. Media types are spouting this stuff about Trouba all over the place, ever since Campbell's article about Trouba looking for $56 million over 8 years.

Why would someone in Boston leak something about Trouba to Arizona?

I wonder if Chevy says something today in his press conference about Trouba to quell the feeding frenzy. Likely not. Knowing Chevy we won't learn much of anything - he keeps secrets well.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
You don't need to "leak" anything about Trouba. Media types are spouting this stuff about Trouba all over the place, ever since Campbell's article about Trouba looking for $56 million over 8 years.

I wonder if Chevy says something today in his press conference about Trouba to quell the feeding frenzy. Likely not. Knowing Chevy we won't learn much of anything - he keeps secrets well.

Haggerty is wondering if the Bruins are in on Trouba. He's asking his source(s) how likely that is. Source mentions Arizona rumour.

Just as likely as your theory that he just made it up. Probably even more likely.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I have no idea why he is addressing the media I just know it will be boring. I was wondering if they were going to announce the new associate coach now that Yeo and Kitty are hired? :sarcasm:

Wait, why is he addressing the media? Is this just a scheduled media availability?

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012

Considering how four days ago ICdave linked to an article citing Dreger, he was quoted in reference to the Trouba rumours:

“Well, it’s a rumor. I believe that it was put out and developed by members of the media. Not to say that it’s not a possibility.

Leads me to believe the Trouba rumours are were likely just media trying to stir something up.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Ralph just recapped all the teams that have been linked to trouba and it was literally half the league.

That makes me more inclined to think there's nothing real going on, just mad speculation by each team's local writers

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Ralph just recapped all the teams that have been linked to trouba and it was literally half the league.

That makes me more inclined to think there's nothing real going on, just mad speculation by each team's local writers

If Trouba is potentially going to be traded, would it not be the proper thing to get as many teams involved and see what the best offer out there really is? The number of teams mentioned might be related to that. Maybe, maybe not.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If Trouba is potentially going to be traded, would it not be the proper thing to get as many teams involved and see what the best offer out there really is? The number of teams mentioned might be related to that. Maybe, maybe not.

Yes, but this early in the off-season? There's a lot of chatter going on around Trouba. There has been for weeks. We know how long these RFA contracts can take, especially ones without arbitration rights. I mean, Chevy is doing his due diligence by listening to trade offers, and perhaps he sees someone in the 1st round that a second high pick can bring in. Not sure how wild I am about the idea, but eh.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yes, but this early in the off-season? There's a lot of chatter going on around Trouba. There has been for weeks. We know how long these RFA contracts can take, especially ones without arbitration rights. I mean, Chevy is doing his due diligence by listening to trade offers, and perhaps he sees someone in the 1st round that a second high pick can bring in. Not sure how wild I am about the idea, but eh.

Trade talk usually ends July 1 or a few days afyrr. Tis the season right now

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Nice pointed question by the media. Chevy gave a sort of direct answer for the Trouba trade discussion, too. He said that he's not trying to trade Trouba. He points out that all of the trade discussion comes from outside of the organization and contract discussion parties, and says that it's the media stirring stuff up. Also is not worried about offer sheets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nice pointed question by the media. Chevy gave a sort of direct answer for the Trouba trade discussion, too.

I thought his answer on Trouba was pretty vague and elusive - more than I expected.

I got the impression from how he answered the question that he is open to trading Trouba, and I won't be all that surprised if Trouba gets moved. But that's just me reading between the lines from how he approached his answer to that question. He could have shut down all the trade talk by saying that Trouba is one of the core young players and that he was trying to sign him. Instead, he started with "anyone can be traded", before saying that he was going to try to sign Scheif and Trouba.

I'm probably over-interpreting things, but won't be very surprised if he gets moved.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
One day...I wish he would just be straight with us.

It's maddening when trying to get an answer out of him, and yet we get no leaks from TNSE or any of the other teams on what they discuss. I wonder if Chevy is just as illusive with them as he is with the media, or if they just have a respect to not discuss or repeat the **** to other people. I'd rather have Chevy be as illusive as possible than be open and frank.

Anyways, no real news came out of the presser, like we all figured. Chevy not trying to trade Trouba, but is certainly listening. He's not worried about offer sheets. He doesn't know whether he's going bridge or long term with any of the RFAs, as the economics are constantly in flux. He's almost assuredly choosing Laine. Matthews' mom cooks a mean chicken tortilla soup.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Chevy guaranteeing that Trouba would not be traded would be an asinine move from a contract negotiating standpoint. If he were to do such a thing he should be fired.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's maddening when trying to get an answer out of him, and yet we get no leaks from TNSE or any of the other teams on what they discuss. I wonder if Chevy is just as illusive with them as he is with the media, or if they just have a respect to not discuss or repeat the **** to other people. I'd rather have Chevy be as illusive as possible than be open and frank.

Anyways, no real news came out of the presser, like we all figured. Chevy not trying to trade Trouba, but is certainly listening. He's not worried about offer sheets. He doesn't know whether he's going bridge or long term with any of the RFAs, as the economics are constantly in flux. He's almost assuredly choosing Laine. Matthews' mom cooks a mean chicken tortilla soup.

What made you think that Laine is a lock? Couldn't they be locked in on PJ instead?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
What made you think that Laine is a lock? Couldn't they be locked in on PJ instead?

Considering that Chevy's picking 2nd, and Laine is the consensus 2nd overall pick, and that he spent most of the time discussing Laine the most out of the Matthews/Laine/Pulju trio, it's a fairly safe bet. Anything can happen, and things can change, but as it stands right now, I'm fairly confident that Chevy picks Laine at 2.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if he's like this at home too.

Mrs. Chevy: Pick up some milk on the way home.

Chevy: We'll be exploring different beverage options going forward. Again, whether it's 1%, 2%, Skim, or maybe a soy product, we'll make our determination when the time comes.

Mrs. Chevy: ...

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Chevy: We'll be exploring different beverage options going forward. Again, whether it's 1%, 2%, Skim, or maybe a soy product, we'll make our determination when the time comes.

Chevy: "It's going to be a process. I'll need to do all of the due diligence to make sure that we are keeping future needs in mind."

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

Chevy..........." I think we will go with the powdered milk and leave it up to the powdered material at training camp to see it will show us if its ready to take the next step in its development and make that transformation."

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Certainly, milk is an important liquid just like gasoline.

You have to keep in mind that gasoline, like milk, is a liquid and no two liquids are the same.

I really can't speak on what we may or may not do, it's a process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad