Friedman: Teams calling Habs about Max Pacioretty Sign and Trade

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
doubt florida would want to trade a 6'6C that outscored patches last year + a pick 15 for mad max
Lol as if bjugstad didn't benefit playing with barkov and dadonov on the WING last year. And I know how many panther fans didn't even want bjugstad there. I wouldn't fall for the clear attempt of pumping and dumping a 35 to 40 pt guy in reality. It's actually pathetic on how with this linemates and pp time he only managed 49 pts. That's awful. A 6'6 player that doesn't use his size either. I've seen enough of bjugstad to know that he's overrated as hell. Plays in a nowhere market and people just assume he's a good player...he aint. He's mediocre.

Last edited:

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Patches doesn't get Bjugstad straight up? Are you crazy?? I'd walk up to Bergevin and fire him myself if he made that trade
Rick Nash for a first round pick , a def prospect,Beleskey and Spooner......And Pacc is 3-4 years younger than Nash ...and Bjugstad=0.49 ppg and -51
Pacc=0.72 ppg and +36

You were saying.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I understand that which is why I asked why does Montreal have to sign him in this scenario because the team trading for him could do it on July 1, 2018 themselves
Oh i see. Yeah,as long as the acquiring team knows the extension expectations there is no need for a sign and trade.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Oh i see. Yeah,as long as the acquiring team knows the extension expectations there is no need for a sign and trade.

My 2 cents is I can see Pacioretty not being traded till July 1 or 2(when a team can assure themselves of the extension) which means Montreal won't get any benefit out of it this draft

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Max Pacioretty Signed 2 years x 5.5M

for

Tanner Pearson
Michael Amadio

Guys exiting their prime years and UFA are in no way going to sign for 2 years and will get more $$ than 5.5 come on now. The next contract is why I hope he is not with LA. It will be 6-8 years and bigger money than I would want for a player his age.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not related to this, but curious...
Is Thomas NHL ready next year?

I watched him during the playoffs in St. Catharines and he didn’t really seem ready to me, but admittedly I only saw him play during those games, so...???
Yes, he'll be in Stl next year. Which one was St. Catharines?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Rick Nash for a first round pick , a def prospect,Beleskey and Spooner......And Pacc is 3-4 years younger than Nash ...and Bjugstad=0.49 ppg and -51
Pacc=0.72 ppg and +36

You were saying.

Best wait until the 2019 trade deadline to get maximum value.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Outside the box idea, but I presume it's illegal following the CBA to retain salary on a contract that hasn't kicked in yet? Say for example we do a sign and trade (4 years @ 6.5M), could the team retain something like 750K or 1M on that deal or no?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

There is nothing prohibiting any discussions. His agent will have secured a verbal agreement prior to any trade and signing him will only be a formality. It's doable but whoever is suggesting anything less than a 7-year deal is dreaming.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Outside the box idea, but I presume it's illegal following the CBA to retain salary on a contract that hasn't kicked in yet? Say for example we do a sign and trade (4 years @ 6.5M), could the team retain something like 750K or 1M on that deal or no?

It would maximise the habs return and give the buying team a bit more contract certainty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad