Dreger: Teams are 100% preparing to offer-sheet Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Maybe I'm paranoid but sure seems like a lot of threads that are presented as legit threads but really are anti-Leafs threads, people hoping bad things happening to them. Is it because JT signed there?

No, it's because Leafs fans suffocate the entire forum.

(This thread is about the Leafs, so I expect Leafs talk in here)

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Bobby Mac must defended his colleague, tells me a lot of people are finding holes. Even Bob said seeing is believing. No way he leaves for 2 or 3million more to go to a team who wont win a cup in his prime

Cotton

May 13, 2013
he prob wont but do u think he would say if he was going to ? your take is horrible..

Many things he could say that dont say one way or the other.

His take is fine, a bunch of dummies who know f*** all about our players trying to paint a picture of a worse case scenario being probable are the ones with the horrible take.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Just like Marleau said he'd be a Shark for life and how I said I'd be an astronaut when I was five.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Bobby Mac must defended his colleague, tells me a lot of people are finding holes. Even Bob said seeing is believing. No way he leaves for 2 or 3million more to go to a team who wont win a cup in his prime

Bob himself would never speculate just to grab headlines like Dreger did. It was cheap.
Bob has said he'll believe it when he sees it. He also said he gave up on OS when Mark Stone did not get one last summer.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
"Definitely not" then the next word is " but" in other words forget what was said before "but"

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You wrote "everybody believed it".

And that's what I bolded.

You understand what "everybody" means, yes ?
50 pages of people believing it. I linked it. You did not think it existed.

Don't hit anyone while backpeddling.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
“Marner says he wouldn’t sign an offer sheet”

HFBoards: so you’re telling me there’s a chance...
Remember, these are people that convinced themselves a team with more debt than value of their franchise was going to offersheet Matthews a max contract.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Bob himself would never speculate just to grab headlines like Dreger did. It was cheap.

Oh I'm sure teams are preparing, but that's a given. Do you as a sports fiend, leave your hometown, a stacked team positioned to contend for multiple cups for a couple extra dollars.

For eg.

He leaves..leads win a cup ..Marner regrets it. BUT it WONT happen period

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
I could see him wanting a decent load of cash like wee Willy, but I really believe he would want to stay where he grew up and the team he followed as a kid.

I could be wrong but I see him staying as a Leaf.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Except as his agent made clear repeatedly - they are completely 100% refusing to try to figure out ANY of that stuff until the season is over.
Not true, I imagine his agent and Dubas are working on stuff every week, but they aren’t open to bringing Mitch in and signing the sheet until the seasons over.

Reactions: Cotton

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Well I mean if he doesn’t get the offer he expects, this statement may mean nothing.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
50 pages of people believing it. I linked it. You did not think it existed.

Don't hit anyone while backpeddling.
You now believe that you are a mind reader ?

And what is this backpeddling you're talking about ?

And you really believe that all the posts in that thread were people believing it ?

It's really sad that I have no more bridges to sell.

Wait. Would you be interested in some nice beach front in Florida ?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
No, it's because Leafs fans suffocate the entire forum.

(This thread is about the Leafs, so I expect Leafs talk in here)
In addition, you as a Pens fan must admit Crosby gets way too much hate by fans of other teams.

I guess that's just the nature of the beast of sports fans.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Mitch Marner

Born - Toronto
Grew up - Toronto
Family lives - Toronto
Favourite team growing up - Toronto
Current team - Toronto

Anyone delusional enough to think Marner is going to leave Toronto is out to lunch. Marner loves his home city and being a Maple Leaf. This kid bleeds blue and white.

Career Leaf, shut this thread down.

Anyone who thinks he won't sign an offer sheet that pays him an absurd amount of money is out to lunch.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
He can't say yes....he's contractually obligated to the Leafs until July 1st, who then still own his rights. Like he's going to say no. The hubris of journalists, sometimes, trying to get a "gotcha" moment from people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad