Dreger: Teams are 100% preparing to offer-sheet Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 290103

Yea, you’re not being misleading at all by ending the quote on the but. Lol

Post the question and full quote and let people understand what was asked and answered. Don't go all Fox News on us and make up outright lies about what was said.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The player’s union ought not to be happy with such a comment, regardless of if he means it.
....Why would the players union give a damn? Aslong as Marner signs a contract that is fair value the PA could give a damn about offer sheets lol There have been 3 in the last decade...but yes Marner saying he doesn't think he will be signing one will be sounding the alarms. You nailed it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Poor haters will be so disappointed.
Hey, maybe you can go back to Arizona offering Matthews 16 million a season. That was always OH SO realistic!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Marner is a terrific talent but speculate away as to who does it? Bergevin is already on record as saying he doesn't believe in offer sheets

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
LOL at the mental gymnastics. Just admit you guys are mad that he shattered your dreams of an offer sheet and move on. Leafs win, yet again.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I couldn't care less either way. Like I said earlier, all it sounds like to me is he wants to get something done before an offersheet can even take place.
Yeah...which is the most likely scenario all along that Matthews and Marner are signed before it hits July 1st and TSN and Sportsnet are driving...and successfully baiting the clicks and views on the topic while they can.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
:huh: :skeptic:

What is that mysterious bonus money that no other team can pay ?

And what does "is not taxed in the city you play" mean ?

You think all NHL teams can afford that bonus $?

Bonuses aren't like NHl salary. They are taxed where you live.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Ah yes, the word of a player on an expiring contract who refuses to re-sign now but pinky promises he will sometime in the future.

A player would never wait until the last minute and then break that word.
I'd love to see the video of tavares promising he'd re-sign

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Yea, you’re not being misleading at all by ending the quote on the but. Lol

Personally I think adding what comes after the but just makes his answer worse and more disingenuous:

"Do you foresee (actually think the word was "envision") a scenario whereby you'd sign an offer sheet?"

"Definitely not BUT that's why we are trying to figure out all this stuff now."

Except as his agent made clear repeatedly - they are completely 100% refusing to try to figure out ANY of that stuff until the season is over.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
He ain't leaving. Anyone see JVR? He cried the first time he came back to Toronto. LOL. And Philly drafted him and he grew up much closer to that city.
Toronto is an incredible city to play/live in.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes I do know T stands for THE.

But lets be honest, TSN pushing all the offer-sheet agenda is to get viewers. It's definitely not aiming Carolina (or any other US based) fan base to watch them and their theories.
TSN is not pushing an offer sheet for anyone.

what they are doing to create a narrative that keep TSN in the main window of conversation.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
It’s naive to think he’d say anything else. The Leafs offer him $9 but Team B offers him $12, he’s signing the offer sheet.

Although offer sheets haven’t really been used in recent memory, the quality of players who could hit this summer without a deal will probably prompt someone to use one.

Obviously Marner is the one who’s less likely to be matched with the Leafs having to sign AM too. It’s just like Nylander saying he has a guarantee not to be moved. If it comes down to trading Nylander to save Marner, they’ll trade him.

In sports you can’t listen to comments like this and take them as gospel. Far to often, things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad