Dreger: Teams are 100% preparing to offer-sheet Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'm not saying he's going to sign one. But this interview didn't convince me that he wouldn't.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
why wouldn't you sign one?

sign it, move to that team. Win for player, lots of money. Win for TOR, steady pipeline of hopefully good and cheap players for the foreseeable future and/or trading chips for deal for impact players

sign it, TOR matches. Win for player, lots of money. Win for TOR, elite player to play with other elite players.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I love this site...

Dreger-teams preparing an offersheet on Marner....HF response="Dam right!! Right from a reliable source!! Marner is gone!!!"

Marner- No way am i signing an offersheet...HF response="Well what else would he say?? He's lying!!"

HF gonna HF i guess....:laugh:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Typical hockey non-answer? I mean it's literally what 95% of all hockey players do with pretty well any question they get lol

Cope!

I love this site...

Dreger-teams preparing an offersheet on Marner....HF response="Dam right!! Right from a reliable source!! Marner is gone!!!"

Marner- No way am i signing an offersheet...HF response="Well what else would he say?? He's lying!!"

Cope-a-cabana

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
In the last 10 years, only 3 offer sheets have been signed. It just seems all this talk is fluff that the TSN writers need for their daily quota of Leafs "rumours".

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Haha...the most misleading headline ever. Actual question: Do you foresee a scenario whereby you'd sign an offer sheet? Actual answer "definitely not BUT..."

A little different than: "Marner on him signing an offer sheet this summer: Definitely not"
Yea, you’re not being misleading at all by ending the quote on the but. Lol

Reactions: Cotton

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I love this site...

Except, Marner didn't say he wouldn't sign an offersheet

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
long-game wise though could you play chicken just to mess with Toronto? Like if the Isles have a pretty good idea what TOR wants to sign Marner for, then just up that by $1m/yr so TOR has to match and reduce their cap space? its a gamble.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Why do people care about appeasing the main board? Everyone knows all of these kids will sign and nothing will happen, they are just enjoying taking the piss with Leaf fans. We all know that as soon as they sign a deal, people will just move on to talk about how they are gone as a UFA in XYZ years.

Just ignore it. It's the only way to stay sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad