WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Well, 1G & 11 skaters. As for active roster if we think no NHL player will get scratched it's 2D, & 5F.

You dress 22 players in IIHF tournaments. Two skaters and one goaltender sit.

It wouldn't be shocking to see three "Europeans" on the team, but if the reinforcements are there after the 2nd round it wouldn't be shocking to see guys like Mario Kempe sit either.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Härligt Patric!! We are getting deep!

X - Kempe - Pettersson - Y
Bratt - Lander - Lindblom
Eriksson - Krüger - Hörnqvist
Pääjärvi - Rasmussen - Kempe
Everberg - Josefsson - Bemström
Nygård -

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right now:

Loui - Pettersson - Hörnqvist
Bratt - A.Kempe - Lindblom
Rasmussen - Lander - Josefson
Pääjärvi - Kruger - M.Kempe

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - M.Pettersson
Wikstrand - Hägg

Lundqvist
Markström
Enroth

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Härligt Patric!! We are getting deep!

X - Kempe - Pettersson - Y
Bratt - Lander - Lindblom
Eriksson - Krüger - Hörnqvist
Pääjärvi - Rasmussen - Kempe
Everberg - Josefsson - Bemström
Nygård -

What in the f*** is ERIKSSON doing there!? He was atrociously bad in Vancouver.

Then Lander, Paajarvi, Kempe (older) etc. This garbage team will not even make it out of the group stage.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Silfverberg stopping by to say all is well after his tooth surgery.

man-lying-in-a-hospital-bed-covered-in-bandages-picture-iddv2181002

Last edited:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
so whats realistic to get ?

lindholm is injured, so he will probaly decline.

hörnqvist played last year and have a hard playingstyle so he will probaly decline aswell.

dallas/nashville, i dont think we will get ekholm, he already played thousand times and arvidsson and forsberg played last year and got a gold medal so they might decline this time. Janmark has no contract. Klingberg just like Ekholm have already played wch thousands of times so he will probaly decline to get some rest.

if sharks kicks out vegas we could get william karlsson be he has no contact so not realistic. sharks? nyquist has no contact.

marcus johansson wont come if boston gets kicked out, he has no contact.

if we look at second round, i think both landeskog and söderberg would decline, just a feeling i got. nemeth has no contract. and there is no way steen would come, he is more canadien than swede. sundqvist has no contract.

lehner not a option if islanders gets kicked out, we already have lundqvist and markström.

if capitals fails, i cant see bäckström come, he is getting old and already played many times in wch and already got a gold. burakovsky has no contact.

johnsson has no contract aswell.

It would be foolish to not invite r.andersson, he is much better than hägg.

so realistic players who could improve your team would be sörensen, w.nylander, järnkrok, wennberg. maybe i forgot someone...

i dont think players such as nordström, pär lindholm etc will get invited there is already grinders on the team.

pääjärvi already got invited, seems like everybody forgot that.

i am thinking about wallmark, seems like he had a nice year and great playoffs? maybe olofsson could be a good option.

A.Kempe - Pettersson - Bratt
Sörensen - Nylander - Lindblom
Järnkrok - Wennberg - Wallmark/Olofsson
Loui - Kruger - M.Kempe
Pääjärvi, Lander

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - R.Andersson
M.Pettersson - Wikstrand/Sellgren/Dahlbeck/Luleå Gustafsson/Svedberg/Bertilsson/Holm
Hägg

Lundqvist
Markström
Enroth

yep we are not getting any gold this year. but a bronze should be possible.

No medals this time, I'd say exit in the QF.
Russians and Czechs will be stronger in group B, and Switzerland & Latvia quite tough nuts to crack in order to make the QF in the first place.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
No medals this time, I'd say exit in the QF.
Russians and Czechs will be stronger in group B, and Switzerland & Latvia quite tough nuts to crack in order to make the QF in the first place.
How exactly are the czechs stronger? They hardly have NHL calibre defensemen to begin with.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
How exactly are the czechs stronger? They hardly have NHL calibre defensemen to begin with.

They didn't have either last year, and you beat them only with great difficulty in front of a quasi home crowd.
It won't happen this time, when the Czechs show up with a similar or even better team in front of a quasi home crowd. :popcorn:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Voracek, Palat and Frolik are already confirmed additions. As ar Chytil and Simon. Pastrnak, Krejci and Hertl could become available after tonight. Vrana also could be available soon. The Czech's could very well end up with the stronger group of forwards. Yes, on paper they'll be weak on defense, but this is something that's more easy to get around in a short tournament. Same with goaltending. Gudas is confirmed, Ruttas is nearly confirmed, Hronek and Kempny could be available soon. Sure, those are hardly strong names, but it's very at least on par with the defence Sweden won gold with in 2013.

I disagree that they'll be stronger than Sweden on paper. But this year the Czech's chances of competing against us, and competing for medals, could be the best it has been in years. Overall this WC tournament feels more open than usual, with Canada and Finland seemingly getting unsually weak teams, and with the Czechs, Slovaks and Germans icing stronger teams than normal.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Voracek, Palat and Frolik are already confirmed additions. As ar Chytil and Simon. Pastrnak, Krejci and Hertl could become available after tonight. Vrana also could be available soon. The Czech's could very well end up with the stronger group of forwards. Yes, on paper they'll be weak on defense, but this is something that's more easy to get around in a short tournament. Same with goaltending. Gudas is confirmed, Ruttas is nearly confirmed, Hronek and Kempny could be available soon. Sure, those are hardly strong names, but it's very at least on par with the defence Sweden won gold with in 2013.

I disagree that they'll be stronger than Sweden on paper. But this year the Czech's chances of competing against us, and competing for medals, could be the best it has been in years. Overall this WC tournament feels more open than usual, with Canada and Finland seemingly getting unsually weak teams, and with the Czechs, Slovaks and Germans icing stronger teams than normal.
They could become available just like Sweden could get all of Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm, Bäckström, Lindholm, Karlsson. Just because something can happen doesn’t mean it will.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
They didn't have either last year, and you beat them only with great difficulty in front of a quasi home crowd.
It won't happen this time, when the Czechs show up with a similar or even better team in front of a quasi home crowd. :popcorn:
I don’t know why people assume things are always linear, yes the czechs came close to beating Sweden last year with a significantly weaker squad, this is a new year a new tournament, what makes you so sure it would happen again? (If the czechs end up with a weaker squad that is?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
They could become available just like Sweden could get all of Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm, Bäckström, Lindholm, Karlsson. Just because something can happen doesn’t mean it will.

Pastrnak, Voracek and Krejci are better than any forwards Sweden has imo with the exception of Backstrom. But with the Bruins up 2-0 in game 7, outlook not so good for the Czech's.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

this makes no sense, team canada had problems beating latvia in 2014 olympics, so next time team canada and latvia meats in best on best tournament and if canada misses their 3 best players then latvia will win? this is your logic.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Even if the Swedes would be a tiny bit stronger offensively on paper with the additions of Arvidsson, Forsberg, Ekholm, E.Lindholm, I think it won't be a cakewalk this time, and they could end up 3rd or 4th in the group.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Pastrnak, Voracek and Krejci are better than any forwards Sweden has imo with the exception of Backstrom. But with the Bruins up 2-0 in game 7, outlook not so good for the Czech's.
I think Bäckström is better than all of them honestly and I think Pettersson, Zibanejad and Forsberg are better than Voracek and Krejci. But that wasnt really my point though. My point is that if we start looking at what we could get if all our best players where eliminated, available, willing, uninjured etcetera it really isn’t even a matchup.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
643 points in 850 games despite playing 2nd line minutes for pretty much his whole career. 91 points in 114 playoff games. Clutch performer, good defensive player, makes players around him better. Yes, an argument can be made.

At last year's tournament, the dude came in together with Pastrnak for the match vs. Team Russia -only hours after both arrived from overseas- and basically decided the match. I agree, that he's better on an individual level in comparison to most of the Swedish forwards.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Even if the Swedes would be a tiny bit stronger offensively on paper with the additions of Arvidsson, Forsberg, Ekholm, E.Lindholm, I think it won't be a cakewalk this time, and they could end up 3rd or 4th in the group.
Well, ofcourse but the same thing COULD happen to any nation since parity is decreasing, having the stronges squad on paper isn’t always everything but it still makes it more likely that you will win games.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
643 points in 850 games despite playing 2nd line minutes for pretty much his whole career. 91 points in 114 playoff games. Clutch performer, good defensive player, makes players around him better. Yes, an argument can be made.
Eh, only his playoffs numbers are impressive, I'd take Forsberg, Arvidsson, Zibanejad, Rakell, & Landeskog over him any day of the week if it weren't for them. And all of those, and then some over Voracek this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad