WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Well, ofcourse but the same thing COULD happen to any nation since parity is decreasing, having the stronges squad on paper isn’t always everything but it still makes it more likely that you will win games.

Yes, I don't necessarily disagree with that, and the Swedes will no doubt have a competitive squad in Slovakia. Everything else would be surprising and disappointing - after all we're talking about the defending title champion. But, I still think they'll meet stronger opposition this time, and could end up without a medal. Let's see, happy to be proven wrong. :D

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yes, I don't necessarily disagree with that, and the Swedes will no doubt have a competitive squad in Slovakia. Everything else would be surprising and disappointing - after all we're talking about the defending title champion. But, I still think they'll meet stronger opposition this time, and could end up without a medal. Let's see, happy to be proven wrong. :D
They should see stronger opposition basically on a yearly basis, as I said parity is decreasing :)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Eh, only his playoffs numbers are impressive, I'd take Forsberg, Arvidsson, Zibanejad, Rakell, & Landeskog over him any day of the week if it weren't for them. And all of those, and then some over Voracek this season.

Yes, who cares about playoffs. He's literally won the Stanley Cup's scoring title twice. His regular season production over the last three years is right on par or above all the players you mentioned, and his 73 points in 81 games this season while playing with Debrusk and scrubs tops the production of Landeskog and Lindholm when you factor in icetime and linemates. Zibanejad and Rakell already declined, and Rakell was shit all season. As a Ducks fan, I can tell you he's not a player that you should build a line around, not even your 2nd line. He's a skilled complementary winger. Krejci is right where he should be in Boston. He could be a 1st line center, but on a cup contender he should ideally slot in as a 2nd line center. Most of these Swedes are playing bigger roles than they ideally should, hence (part of the reason) why their teams aren't going anywhere.

I won't discuss this any further as it's going off topic. Sweden of course will have a stronger team than the Czech's if all available players shows up. But if Washington advances to the next round, and Sweden doesn't get at least two of Forsberg/Arvidsson/Lindholm, then making it past the semifinals will be very tough, not impossible, but tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Retroglyphs

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If we get top chemestry in all lines we dont need top players to get a medal.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Not many european teams that can have this NHL (only) wishlist right now?

1. Erik Karlsson / John Klingberg (round 2)
2. Nicklas Bäckström (3-3)
3. Mattias Ekholm
4. Gabriel Landeskog (round 2)
5. William Nylander
6. Filip Forsberg
7. Elias Lindholm
8. (Marcus Pettersson)
9. William Karlsson
10. Viktor Arvidsson
11. Carl Söderberg / Oskar Sundqvist / Alexander Steen (round 2)
12. Andreas Johnsson
13. Gustav Nyquist / Marcus Johansson (round 2)
14. Rasmus Andersson
15. (Magnus Pääjärvi)
16. Alexander Wennberg (round 2)
17. Calle Järnkrok / Lucas Wallmark
18. Calle Rosén / Patrik Nemeth (round 2)
19. Robin Lehner
20. Mika Zibanejad

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I want nylander

Has always played well for sweden
Yup, pretty much everytime he suits up for Sweden he seems to deliver.

I want Johnsson aswell, but I don’t know if his contract situation is ideal.

Marcus Helin

Apr 23, 2018
Yup, pretty much everytime he suits up for Sweden he seems to deliver.

I want Johnsson aswell, but I don’t know if his contract situation is ideal.

Yeah, I would like to see the combo of him and Elias Pettersson. That would be crazy.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, I would like to see the combo of him and Elias Pettersson. That would be crazy.
Damn! That would be quite the step-up from 39 year old Marleau and Connor Brown that Nylander has been playing with. But if he joins I think he’ll most likely center a second line since our center depth is, well not the best and Nylander has experience playing center. He’ll probably wind up with better wingers in Bratislava so.. still a step-up.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Damn! That would be quite the step-up from 39 year old Marleau and Connor Brown that Nylander has been playing with. But if he joins I think he’ll most likely center a second line since our center depth is, well not the best and Nylander has experience playing center. He’ll probably wind up with better wingers in Bratislava so.. still a step-up.

Eriksson - Pettersson - Nylander! (Don't waste all the apples in the same pie).

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Eriksson - Pettersson - Nylander! (Don't waste all the apples in the same pie).
Sure, but isn’t Nylander and Pettersson doing that? Then we’re stuck with Kempe centering the second line if Lindholm doesn’t join. The question is: Is there enough talent on the team to split Nylander and Pettersson and still have two good scoring lines?

Kempe - Pettersson - Hörnqvist
Lindblom - Nylander - Bratt

If he joins that is.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Sure, but isn’t Nylander and Pettersson doing that? Then we’re stuck with Kempe centering the second line if Lindholm doesn’t join. The question is: Is there enough talent on the team to split Nylander and Pettersson and still have two good scoring lines?

Kempe - Pettersson - Hörnqvist
Lindblom - Nylander - Bratt

If he joins that is.

I'm thinking we HAVE to have them on the same line. Bratt - Kempe - Lindblom can chase the living daylight out of the opposition while EPN concentrate on slowing down and score with the brain. Cool with the notion we will get another good line out of the players below (maybe even a whole first line).I think both players can easily adapt to a new environment (new linemates). Mr Green is a terrier this year in letting noone escape (except those who were done early spring). Sure he is already thinking about american forward lines right now and their weaknesses. TERRIER!

Maybe our winning formula THIS year is excellent forward depth. Imagine Eriksson - Krüger - Hörnqvist as our fourth line...

Filip Forsberg /Landeskog (round 2) / Johnsson - Bäckström (3-3) / William Karlsson - (Elias Lindholm) / Viktor Arvidsson / Gustav Nyquist

We will have the answer soon...

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I'm thinking we HAVE to have them on the same line. Bratt - Kempe - Lindblom can chase the living daylight out of the opposition while EPN concentrate on slowing down and score with the brain. Cool with the notion we will get another good line out of the players below (maybe even a whole first line).I think both players can easily adapt to a new environment (new linemates).

Maybe our winning formula THIS year is excellent forward depth.

Filip Forsberg /Landeskog (round 2) / Johnsson - Bäckström (3-3) / William Karlsson - Elias Lindholm / Viktor Arvidsson / Gustav Nyquist
I can see that but I’m not sure Eriksson will be able to handle that kind of role anymore so as it stands right now Hörnqvist is probably a better option. I however get the line of thinking you’re in since Eriksson is a primarily cerebral player.

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Why is there no news?

Forsberg
Lindholm
Arvidsson
Karlsson
Nylander

We are all waiting....

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Why is there no news?

Forsberg
Lindholm
Arvidsson
Karlsson
Nylander

We are all waiting....
Nylander and Karlsson literally just got knocked out. And with Karlsson he has no contract, with his next one being unpredictable, so have a really hard time seeing him going unless he sits down with GMGM like today to get a new contract done.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Nylander and Karlsson literally just got knocked out. And with Karlsson he has no contract, with his next one being unpredictable, so have a really hard time seeing him going unless he sits down with GMGM like today to get a new contract done.
We'll see if swedish federation pays for insurance like they did with janmark last year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
We'll see if swedish federation pays for insurance like they did with janmark last year.
Janmark played for a new contract, so the insurance was easier to fix for him. With Karlsson, Worlds means nothing for his next contract, and since nobody knows what his next contract will be they can't really fix it for him.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I dont understand why Grönborg already added Pääjärvi, Kruger, Loui. M.Kempe to the team. WC starts 10 may, we could get betters than this from the nhl if he just waited. we could have filled the team with 4 lines who are god offensivly now instead we will have 2-3 lines which is a threat. loui will play in the top 9, because 4th line will be pääjärvi - kruger - m .kempe

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I dont understand why Grönborg already added Pääjärvi, Kruger, Loui. M.Kempe to the team. WC starts 10 may, we could get betters than this from the nhl if he just waited. we could have filled the team with 4 lines who are god offensivly now instead we will have 2-3 lines which is a threat. loui will play in the top 9, because 4th line will be pääjärvi - kruger - m .kempe
Grönborg has always operated like this. He wants grinders on 3rd and 4th line. Swedish hockey program love their roleplayers.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not realistic but if everyone accept:

Johnsson - Bäckström - Nylander
Forsberg - Elias - Arvidsson
A.Kempe - W.Karlsson - Hörnqvist
Lindblom - Kruger - Bratt
Loui, M.Kempe

OEL - Ekholm
Gustafsson - Larsson