WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I hope you're right and I think you are. The more star players joining, the higher the chance the next star player will join, just because of the star power in the locker room and being among the team. The strength of the lineup and what players are involved are crucial for gaining the confidence from the Nashville trio to join (or wait, even Järnkrok plays for them, right?). That makes it a quadruple of players that will immediately make the team much stronger. Do we even have room for all of them? Should we make room for all of them? Can we make room for all of them after all the scrub joinings?

I'm actually rooting for Dallas to win at this point, hehe. Not only because of the additions from Nashville, but because I'm also a huge Zuccarello fan and he doesn't play for Sweden anyway. Ok, that Nashville has so many good Swedes is also a big part of it, I admit it.

On another note, after watching William Karlsson become a #1 player, after struggling in Carolina, it gives me hope even the small names can do big things when they're given the chance. There's always hope, even if you're a pessimist. It's a whole other thing to play hockey in the system Sweden is playing, compared to the bathtub hockey many NHL franchises play.
The only actual center on the team that is better than Järnkrok is Elias Pettersson(I see Kempe mainly as a winger), so I don’t see why not really... Sure you could wait and see aswell there’s a chance Bäckström and William Karlsson become available (maybe even after the first round but that’s unlikely)

Reactions: Retroglyphs

dragovici

Dec 24, 2013
in orbit
On another note, after watching William Karlsson become a #1 player, after struggling in Carolina, it gives me hope even the small names can do big things when they're given the chance. There's always hope, even if you're a pessimist. It's a whole other thing to play hockey in the system Sweden is playing, compared to the bathtub hockey many NHL franchises play.

*Columbus.

How does team Sweden's system differ from NHL teams?

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Wild Bill played in Columbus, wouldn't really call it struggling since he was a strong defensive PKing bottom 6 center and he wasn't given a chance to show off what he had offensively.

Järnkrok plays for Nashville, but idk if there's a spot for him if Forsvidsson, & E.Lindholm comes unless Grönborg dares scratching Krüger as we'd only have 1 spot left(which should be open for Landeskog/Bäckström/Sundqvist).

Terrible roster offensively this time for Swedish measures. Even if Forsberg, Arvidsson and Elias Lindholm join.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The only actual center on the team that is better than Järnkrok is Elias Pettersson(I see Kempe mainly as a winger), so I don’t see why not really... Sure you could wait and see aswell there’s a chance Bäckström and William Karlsson become available (maybe even after the first round but that’s unlikely)
Bill has no contract and nobody knows what he'll get next, so he won't come unless the contract situation is fixed.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Terrible roster offensively this time for Swedish measures. Even if Forsberg, Arvidsson and Elias Lindholm join.
Not really that bad check the rosters pre Grönborg. A guy like Jesper Bratt will be a big surprise for people I think. He was snakebitten like hell this year and still managed to produce at a 50 point pace.
Historically I would say its CLEARLY above average offensively if we get, Forsberg, Arvidsson and Lindholm. As it stands right now its a tad below average. But still better than most Mårts years. With those players I think there is a good opportunity for a threepeat.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Roster last year after the first round:

Rakell - Zibanejad - Janmark
- Backlund - Nyquist
- Pettersson - A.Kempe
De La Rose - J.Larsson - Pääjärvi

Compare it to this year if they're joining:

Forsberg - Pettersson - Arvidsson
Bratt - - E.Lindholm
Lindblom - A.Kempe -
M.Kempe - Krüger - Eriksson

Terrible? Overstatement.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Oh, also, forgot: if Nylander is available after first/second round then he's also a great option at center. He's been fantastic for Toronto while playing center.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Oh, also, forgot: if Nylander is available after first/second round then he's also a great option at center. He's been fantastic for Toronto while playing center.
I also forgot something. Lindholm has been used in the faceoff dot a lot for Calgary and has taken the center responsibilities defensively according to flames fans.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I also forgot something. Lindholm has been used in the faceoff dot a lot for Calgary and has taken the center responsibilities defensively according to flames fans.
Yeah he's also been PKing really well and all, I'd rather have him on the wing though, but if a top-6 C spot is available after the second round he should probably take that spot.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah he's also been PKing really well and all, I'd rather have him on the wing though, but if a top-6 C spot is available after the second round he should probably take that spot.
Yeah forsure rather have him as a winger. Mostly because he hasn’t played center all that much in his NHL career to date.

Marcus Helin

Apr 23, 2018
Well now when Boston tied the series 3-3 it is likely that Toronto will lose to Boston with home soil in the last game. So hopefully Nylander and Johnson will join the offensive and make it a bit better.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Nylander might come
Considering him only hitting his stride late in the season due to sittning out a large portion and having a solid contract situation it doesn’t seem completely unlikely. If they are eliminated that is.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Considering him only hitting his stride late in the season due to sittning out a large portion and having a solid contract situation it doesn’t seem completely unlikely. If they are eliminated that is.
Micke nylander always said yes to sweden also.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Nylander would be a great addition. He has struggled after a great contract war and he has tons of skill. I think he believes, him playing for Sweden would be a good thing for his hockey. He wants to make a statement. He's better than what he has shown. Johnson is also a good addition. Ugh. Why f***ing Hägg?

All additions at this point are an improvement.

Reactions: Marcus Helin

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I really hope Grönborg has the balls to put Hägg as 7th D.
I mean he shouldn’t be anything more by any stretch of the imagination really, but with Grönborg I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays more minutes than he ever has in philly.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
This would be welcome for a tested soul:

Adrian Kempe - Elias Pettersson - Elias Lindholm
Filip Forsberg – William Nylander – Viktor Arvidsson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad