WC: Team Sweden 2019 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So he took a gamble and it probably didnt pay off.
Either that or VGK figured that last year was a one-off and they didn’t wanna sign him long term with the inflated value he had last year.

Either way he’s likely gonna make around the same money he made this year he had 56 points in 82 games and is good defensively the going rate for a player like that is a bit north of 5 million.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
do you guys remember the days when we could send a team with 50 - 80 % shl players and still win gold/medal. so much has changed. if we get too few quality nhlers we might even miss qf.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Whc has gotten higher status
I think its more the fact that parity has decreased so if you don’t bring your a game you are not going to win. Also 15ish years ago the high end euro players we had were better in relation to NHL players than they are today.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Doldis på väg att få Tre Kronor-jobbet

åkerblom and ragnarsson could be the next assistent coaches. ulf dahlen declined.

i am not familiar with the coach styles of åkerblom and ragnarsson, but garpenlöv is just like grönborg.

the best swedish coaches are Berglund, Melin, Rönnberg, Ohlsson, they should be coaches for tre kronor , never got the hype about Sam Hallam, he cant even coach a very good Växjö, they failed so many times.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Doldis på väg att få Tre Kronor-jobbet

åkerblom and ragnarsson could be the next assistent coaches. ulf dahlen declined.

i am not familiar with the coach styles of åkerblom and ragnarsson, but garpenlöv is just like grönborg.

the best swedish coaches are Berglund, Melin, Rönnberg, Ohlsson, they should be coaches for tre kronor , never got the hype about Sam Hallam, he cant even coach a very good Växjö, they failed so many times.
I dream of the day Swedish media stops using the word "doldis".

Reactions: Eye of Ra

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ragnarsson is very much a coach in the mold of Grönberg aswell. At least they'll be succesful with the NHLers.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I thought they would just do what they do most of the time promote the u-20 coach. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy they didn’t.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
so whats realistic to get ?

lindholm is injured, so he will probaly decline.

hörnqvist played last year and have a hard playingstyle so he will probaly decline aswell.

dallas/nashville, i dont think we will get ekholm, he already played thousand times and arvidsson and forsberg played last year and got a gold medal so they might decline this time. Janmark has no contract. Klingberg just like Ekholm have already played wch thousands of times so he will probaly decline to get some rest.

if sharks kicks out vegas we could get william karlsson be he has no contact so not realistic. sharks? nyquist has no contact.

marcus johansson wont come if boston gets kicked out, he has no contact.

if we look at second round, i think both landeskog and söderberg would decline, just a feeling i got. nemeth has no contract. and there is no way steen would come, he is more canadien than swede. sundqvist has no contract.

lehner not a option if islanders gets kicked out, we already have lundqvist and markström.

if capitals fails, i cant see bäckström come, he is getting old and already played many times in wch and already got a gold. burakovsky has no contact.

johnsson has no contract aswell.

It would be foolish to not invite r.andersson, he is much better than hägg.

so realistic players who could improve your team would be sörensen, w.nylander, järnkrok, wennberg. maybe i forgot someone...

i dont think players such as nordström, pär lindholm etc will get invited there is already grinders on the team.

pääjärvi already got invited, seems like everybody forgot that.

i am thinking about wallmark, seems like he had a nice year and great playoffs? maybe olofsson could be a good option.

A.Kempe - Pettersson - Bratt
Sörensen - Nylander - Lindblom
Järnkrok - Wennberg - Wallmark/Olofsson
Loui - Kruger - M.Kempe
Pääjärvi, Lander

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - R.Andersson
M.Pettersson - Wikstrand/Sellgren/Dahlbeck/Luleå Gustafsson/Svedberg/Bertilsson/Holm
Hägg

Lundqvist
Markström
Enroth

yep we are not getting any gold this year. but a bronze should be possible.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
so whats realistic to get ?

lindholm is injured, so he will probaly decline.

hörnqvist played last year and have a hard playingstyle so he will probaly decline aswell.

dallas/nashville, i dont think we will get ekholm, he already played thousand times and arvidsson and forsberg played last year and got a gold medal so they might decline this time. Janmark has no contract. Klingberg just like Ekholm have already played wch thousands of times so he will probaly decline to get some rest.

if sharks kicks out vegas we could get william karlsson be he has no contact so not realistic. sharks? nyquist has no contact.

marcus johansson wont come if boston gets kicked out, he has no contact.

if we look at second round, i think both landeskog and söderberg would decline, just a feeling i got. nemeth has no contract. and there is no way steen would come, he is more canadien than swede. sundqvist has no contract.

lehner not a option if islanders gets kicked out, we already have lundqvist and markström.

if capitals fails, i cant see bäckström come, he is getting old and already played many times in wch and already got a gold. burakovsky has no contact.

johnsson has no contract aswell.

It would be foolish to not invite r.andersson, he is much better than hägg.

so realistic players who could improve your team would be sörensen, w.nylander, järnkrok, wennberg. maybe i forgot someone...

i dont think players such as nordström, pär lindholm etc will get invited there is already grinders on the team.

pääjärvi already got invited, seems like everybody forgot that.

i am thinking about wallmark, seems like he had a nice year and great playoffs? maybe olofsson could be a good option.

A.Kempe - Pettersson - Bratt
Sörensen - Nylander - Lindblom
Järnkrok - Wennberg - Wallmark/Olofsson
Loui - Kruger - M.Kempe
Pääjärvi, Lander

OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - R.Andersson
M.Pettersson - Wikstrand/Sellgren/Dahlbeck/Luleå Gustafsson/Svedberg/Bertilsson/Holm
Hägg

Lundqvist
Markström
Enroth

yep we are not getting any gold this year. but a bronze should be possible.
I’m not sure how many times a player has represented Sweden in the past matters really its probably more about motivation: i.e if a player has shown intrest in representing Sweden many times in the past (OEL, Ekholm, Loui) they are more likely to do it again.

Reactions: theslatcher

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Well Nashville is out of playoffs. Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm...
Don't forget Järnkrok, he's good enough to crack this lineup. In Swedish eyes, a Nashville elimination in the first round was exactly what we could hope for. All four have contracts, it's just a matter of hidden injuries, they feel 100% and want to play. Let's hope so, because we desperately need all four. All four have also been really good players for Tre Kronor, they shine on big ice.

Reactions: LiveeviL

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Don't forget Järnkrok, he's good enough to crack this lineup. In Swedish eyes, a Nashville elimination in the first round was exactly what we could hope for. All four have contracts, it's just a matter of hidden injuries, they feel 100% and want to play. Let's hope so, because we desperately need all four. All four have also been really good players for Tre Kronor, they shine on big ice.
Eh, if Forsberg, Arvidsson, & E.Lindholm accepts we've only got 2 active roster spots left.

In the first round these are the ones with contracts playing a game 7 today/tomorrow:

Bäckström, Nylander, Wallmark, Nordström, Sörensen, Wennberg, & M.Karlsson.

I'd take Järnkrok over everyone of them but Bäckström, & Nylander. Then there's also Söderberg, & Landeskog (and some from the previous round 1 list) in round 2 that I'd take over Järnkrok. Oh and there's Hörnqvist who isn't anywhere on the swehockey list.

What scares me is that Pääjärvi has been invited.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Hörnqvist is really important I think, he's probably one of the best locker room guys you can have on a team, and is always clutch in Tre Kronor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad